JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Haha, @Bex953172 I went to the college the other morning and found out that I dont need to take any more classes. So I'm graduating in May! Also, doing a second interview at the bank...so there is a very good likelihood that I will be getting it!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,483 Member
    Options
    Aww, poor @Bex953172 I feel bad for you! I don't know how I would be giving myself a shot. Probably not so good. Maybe just aim, close my eyes and shoot! Hope you feel better soon, and enjoy little Casey.

I google anything I don't know (replaces the encyclopedia set I remember as a kid). Found this for good sources of iron:

Liver
    Meat, fish and tofu
    Iron-fortified breakfast cereals or bread
    Eggs
    Pulses and beans
    Nuts and seeds
    Dried fruit - such as dried apricots, prunes and raisins
    Wholegrains - such as brown rice
    Soybean flour
    Most dark-green leafy vegetables - such as watercress and curly kale
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

JFT, 3/1/18

1. Log all food! :)
    2. Focus on water(2-32oz) :|Still got some time before bed
    3. Up at 7/usual routine/measurements/yoga(maybe) :)Everything but measurements. Gonna do it tomorrow
    4. Meet R at 930 for our weekly breakfast :)Was super early because I overestimated how long it would take to get there
    5. Have an AWESOME time with R :)It was short but fun. L was restless and rambunctious. No other kids were there to play with
    6. Spend time with DH before he leaves for work/Make lunch :) Spent like 2 hours together. Almost forgot to put his lunch together. Lol
    7. Meal plan/Shopping list(because I can afford food this week! Lol) :)Made a list of everything in my pantry cabinet. I always buy multiples of things I already have multiple of! (ex. 6 cans stewed tomatoes)
    8. Do a prelim of March budget :)Did a very basic one because I dont know why my salary will be at the bank or when I will be paid.
    9. Read/Nap(maybe) :/Nope. I really should have but I think I might just pass out on the couch watching the game when I finish this post
    10. LIBRARY!!!! :/3 Loads of laundry instead
    11. Dinner(Leftovers)/Dishes(2x) :)Had a late lunch and a pint of ice cream at dinner time. Lol. At least it's all logged. Lol
    12. Pens Game(send updates to DH) :)Doing this now. I have a feeling it's going to be a high scoring game. 6 goals between the 2 teams in 15 minutes!
    13. Bed by 12 :)Probably earlier. I might only spend like a half an hour up with the DH

So I wrote this whole post but my computer gave me my first blue screen on this one. So a rundown, meeting tomorrow with the branch manager for the job, really really missing the DH tonight, feel like crap. That's about what I was going to say only with more detail. Lol.

Onto my list for tomorrow,

JFT, 3/2/2018

1. Log all food
    2. 64 oz water
    3. Up by 730
    4. Morning routine/Yoga(maybe)
    5. MEASURE
    6. Aldi's
    7. DH time
    8. Bank meeting
    9. Pick up groceries
    10. Wash towels and bedding
    11. LIBRARY
    12. Read/Nap
    13. Dinner w/ M&M(maybe)
    14. Church meeting

I think that's it. Have a great night everyone!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Best wishes for your meeting with the bank manager. (((((you)))))
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Red meat is the best I think. Also apparently vitamin C is good because it increases your propensity to actually absorb iron from other foods. So, nice oranges/satsumas, etc? Hope you feel better soon
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,076 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Red meat is the best I think. Also apparently vitamin C is good because it increases your propensity to actually absorb iron from other foods. So, nice oranges/satsumas, etc? Hope you feel better soon

Aha! Yes!
    The midwife said to take my iron with orange juice as it helps
    But I have vitamin C in the cupboard! So I will take it with that x
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Missed you all & welcome newcomers!

I didn't post for 2 days which is not a good thing for me. I need the accountability.
    Eastern Massachusetts is getting pummeled w/a bad coastal storm. Making me nervous!
    Not walking dog (maybe later if wind dies down).
    Do exercises at home & house clean.
    Meditate 25 mins this afternoon
    Listen to a podcast & read for inspiration.
    Drink water-64oz min.
    Track all my meals today.
    Low carb/high protein. goal 150 grams.
    Possibly pick up some veggies at grocery store.
    Plan weekend meals.
    Early to bed.

Have a great day!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    So it's just after 10 am here and like @Saragirl2 We are getting pummeled with the same storm. I think we are at the tail end of it though. It's just a miserable day out. It's snowing/sleeting/raining here and in the upper 30s. My driveway is flooding pretty terribly. The hazards of living a 1/4 mile in the woods along a dirt road! Lol.

But I have to start getting ready for my meeting soon. I'm not gonna shower because I did that last night and I've done my hair already. Just need to change, put on makeup and brush my teeth...not necessarily in that order. Lol.

I hope everyone is having a great day! I'll be on later to let you know how my meeting went!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,483 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Recap R 3/1
    1) Rest day (no treadmill) / move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 9,218 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 hours (rest day) & 35 floors :smiley:
    2) Food plan for day in my head / prelog & stick w/ plan / net calories green / monitor usual = Prelogged food, stayed within goals for everything(!) then had snack attack at midnight ~ ack!!! >:) At least I was awake when hubby got home from his shift at 12:30 a.m. <3
    3) Evening: grocery shop :smiley: / nyjer seed in birdfeeders :/ too dark / boil eggs :smiley: / wash dishes :smiley: / Sunday ads :smiley:
    4) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 (treadmill F a.m. before work) :smiley: but awake later (see #2) :#

JFT F 3/2
    1) Treadmill before work / 3 mi 50:41 / stretched :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Leftovers for lunch & new recipe for supper / net calories green / stop evening snacking!
    4) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 (busy day Sat.)

Have a great day, all!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of stupid cold. Now my DH has it, so that's all 3 of us down. UGH.

My only wimpy goals today are:
    1. Shower and get dressed
    2. Go to Urgent Care
    3. Rest

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    well yesterday turned into crap.
    On to today!
    JFT 3/2
    Log everything
    stay green-this will be a challenge today.
    Drink 80
    Not sure about exercise. I'm still coughing and it's moved into my chest a bit. Going to have the school nurse listen to my lungs and see what she says.
    Going to the drive in tonight with the family. yay!
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Day 29: All clear and (because I was still uncomfortably full) I managed to balance overeaten kj from yesterday but still having problems with the internet connection - hope I can post this.

Day 30: Gooooooal!
    limit kj
    avoid gluten and dairy
    exercise at least 1.5hr
  • mcbeef29
    mcbeef29 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of stupid cold. Now my DH has it, so that's all 3 of us down. UGH.

My only wimpy goals today are:
    1. Shower and get dressed
    2. Go to Urgent Care
    3. Rest

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

Hope you feel better fast!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Whoop! Just arrived on here for a mooch and what amazing news @HGSmith0920!! Big big congrats!

What a week x