Options

Replies

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Wednesday, 2/7/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all my food :)
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day :)
    4. Shovel the driveway :)
    5. Complete 2 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Thursday, 2/8/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all my food
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day
    4. Clean up the driveway
    5. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 10 min treadmill)
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @missheidi I'm going to take a note from your book! You're an amazing mom. I just deleted my post :neutral: So, I will say you've done a great job in taking steps to set a sturdy foundation for your son. I also have a 13 yr son who struggles (academically & socially) and we're exposing him to high school in various ways. I'd love to chat with you if your interested. Feel free to contact me. Best wishes to your boy in this new experience.
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    i have bought lots of clothes online and been happy with the experience. i think swimoutlet will ship world wide.

Cool! Unfortunately swimoutlet doesn't ship here :( but I'll keep looking.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Just adding to my JFT
    I finally adjusted my fit bit to reflect a goal of 20,000 steps-here goes!

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    So I realized this morning that I have been doing ab exercises wrong my whole life. Lol. So I did them the right way at the gym today and boy can I feel it! It's an interesting feeling! Lol. I'm a bit worried about how sore I'll be tomorrow. Lol. I hope everyone has a good day today. Now that the gym is done I'm mostly staying home working on my computer for the rest of the day. That is going to be a nice change I think.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,483 Member
    Options
    Recap W 2/7 - First day back at work after flu. Kind of bummed, b/c skipped happy hour w/ former colleagues and did not attend candidate forum...things I really wanted to do. Just stayed home after work and rested.
    1) Get through work day without incident = Not so bad, even though my brain was like a sieve. No stairs breaks, too shaky, but walked full hall when I went to ladies room. Fitbit 6,251 steps, 250+ steps 8/14 hours & 12 floors. :smile:
    2) Pick up prescription cat food at vet = Done...kitty will certainly not starve. :smiley:
    3) Don't overdo in the evening = Had short to-do list, and happily surprised to find hubby had shoveled patio for me. Managed to refill all birdfeeders and heated birdbath...very cold this week, birds really need this. Then took nice long break on couch to rest. Still no appetite (that's when I know I'm really sick lol), and forced myself to eat light supper high in protein. My weight dropped 4# in past week, I know it's not a healthy loss and I'll regain when I get back to normal...that's ok. As evening went on, I felt better and even washed up pile of dirty dishes, which always pleases me...kind of like making the bed. :wink: Net calories, sugar, sodium & protein good, fiber low & 17c water. :smile:

JFT R 2/8 - Skipping workplace snowshoe hike at lunchtime, not feeling quite up to par yet.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Net calories green / monitor the usual
    3) Evening: pick up citrus order, choir, grocery shop
    4) No screens (phone, computer) 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday:
    1. Accurate log. ❌
    2. Write Week 6 plans. ❌ Daily 5-min meditation. ✔ Get computer cart. ✔ Call 5 parents. ✔ Send follow-up email. ✔ Check HE for reply. ✔ Update websites. ❌ Add links to blogroll. ✔ Write weekly post. ❌ Comment on WTC. ❌
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 40 sec wall sit, 70 sec plank, 40 sec flexibility, 30 sec balance, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. ❌ 5k steps at school; aim for 6. ✔
    4. Department meeting after school. Flexibility workout. ❌ House-pacing steps to 10k; aim for 11. ✔
    5. Prep breakfast and lunches for tomorrow. ✔ Fold/hang laundry and put away. ✔ Call parents. ✔ Update Meetup; kickboxing 13th not 12th (meeting). ✔
    6. Meds 6:30. ✔ Dinner: Plated 2. No snacking after dinner; tea only. ✔ Check tumblr and facebook. ✔ Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:45. ✔

JFT Thursday:
    1. Accurate log.
    2. Finish Week 6 plans. Check with S about classroom guest. Daily 5-min meditation. Print essays for classes 1 & 4. Get computer cart for class 2. Check parent emails and record in parent log. Add links to blogroll. UPDATE WEBSITES. Write weekly post. Comment on WTC.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 40 sec wall sit, 70 sec plank, 40 sec flexibility, 30 sec balance, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. 5k steps at school; aim for 6.
    4. Department meeting after school. Find and download hamstring stretching videos. Prep breakfast and lunches for tomorrow. Pay for first Masters course.
    5. Pack meds, hair pins, contacts, ESSAYS, snack, tea for theater. Plated 2. Leave for theater by 5:30. Steps to 11k; aim for 12. Meds after monologue 3.
    6. No snacking after theater; tea only. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 10:30.

Scale goals
    Dec 1 weigh-in: 176.6
    End of 2017: 174.6
    Feb 1 weigh-in: 173.6
    Feb 28 goal: 169.6

Today: 174.6. I'm REALLY having difficulty at school. I feel like I just can't get everything done and it's really stressing me out.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I have not posted on here for a few days, and getting myself in a rut again ... where I don't care. But I do care. SO I really need to focus, and get back on track. I know my weight is up ..... just have to accept it, and move on, and get back on track!
    Hubby had his throat burning down yesterday, and all went well. They think they got all the precancerous cells, but he has to have it done again in 12 weeks, just to be sure. He is doing OK though .... just has a really bad sore throat.
    While I never got the flu bad like many of you, I have still been nauseaus and just very tired. But I think tomorrow I am going to get up and get my body to the gym. I am so afraid that the habit of going to the gym will be hard to get back again..... its way too easy to just lay in bed another hour (or 2!).

SO I need to get back to posting my goals, and actually meet them!
    JFT, Thursday, Feb 8
    1. log ALL food
    2. concentrate on more protein -- less carbs
    3. remember my red cup -- aim for 8 glasses of water. Take a sip everytime I go in the bathroom and kitchen
    4. finish up 5 more chemo hats --- almost 40 chemo hats ready for pick up next week! Then I can get back to working on my quilt
    5. get back to organizing. Today, if I feel OK , start on the file cabinets downstairs. File away 2017 stuff.
    6. organize the black shelf downstairs - put unused stuff in a box to get rid of
    7. read 1 chapter of simple abundance
    8. log in my gratitude journal. I am so grateful for all I have .... I just need to take the time to write it down.

SO many posts to read back on! I am so proud of how committed you guys are. It inspires me so much to read everyone's goals ... and I learn so much from all of you!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

The scale finally moved! 199! :)

Feeling markedly better since I've cut back on carbs & processed foods.

You only get what you believe you deserve.

Great job!!! I know that I also feel better when I cut back on carbs .... that is my goal for today.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Good morning! I am about 5 pages behind I think! Such a great supportive group. Love it! I am leaving in a few minutes for the results of the MRI. :)

We will be thinking of you today, and praying for good results! <3
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Good luck! Sending up a prayer now!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am about 5 pages behind I think! Such a great supportive group. Love it! I am leaving in a few minutes for the results of the MRI. I haven't been good at my goals the last few days and quite frankly have not really cared. I know that is not a good attitude, but I've been through cancer once, and it's a scary beast, so I allowed myself to emotionally eat. I gained about a half pound to a pound. I am back on track today because no matter the results of the MRI, I need to get as healthy as I can. Thanks for hanging in there with me!

Have a fabulous day! I'll hop back on later and let you know how my test results came out. :)

We are hanging in there with you and will support you in any way possible. You have done quite well these past several days of having to endure the agony of waiting.
    Peace and joy.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

The scale finally moved! 199! :)

Drink water-64oz min.
    Track all my meals today-low carb/high protein-done.
    Pack protein bar & apple in bag.
    30 min walk at my favorite park-if it's not too cold.
    90 ab crunches.
    Read today's Simple Abundance.
    Meditate 25 mins. I've missed this for 3 days and I feel it.
    Read this afternoon "New Book Of Lifting for Women".
    Cooking ribs tonight as per DD request. Roasting a large pan of Brussels sprouts, red pepper, zucchini and mushrooms to go with it. I'll enjoy the leftovers!
    The last two nights I've been in bed early. I think my body needs it.

Feeling markedly better since I've cut back on carbs & processed foods.

You only get what you believe you deserve.

Oh, I am thrilled for you! I hope this encourages you to stay focused on the process (that you have listed) and that the number keeps going down.

We had roasted Brussels sprouts, onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes with an Italian sausage cut up and thrown in last night for dinner...threw in some fresh thyme and garlic and served with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar...oh my. Roasted just ups the flavor of the Brussels sprouts, don't you think?

Peace and joy.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Recap W 2/7 - First day back at work after flu. Kind of bummed, b/c skipped happy hour w/ former colleagues and did not attend candidate forum...things I really wanted to do. Just stayed home after work and rested.
    1) Get through work day without incident = Not so bad, even though my brain was like a sieve. No stairs breaks, too shaky, but walked full hall when I went to ladies room. Fitbit 6,251 steps, 250+ steps 8/14 hours & 12 floors. :smile:
    2) Pick up prescription cat food at vet = Done...kitty will certainly not starve. :smiley:
    3) Don't overdo in the evening = Had short to-do list, and happily surprised to find hubby had shoveled patio for me. Managed to refill all birdfeeders and heated birdbath...very cold this week, birds really need this. Then took nice long break on couch to rest. Still no appetite (that's when I know I'm really sick lol), and forced myself to eat light supper high in protein. My weight dropped 4# in past week, I know it's not a healthy loss and I'll regain when I get back to normal...that's ok. As evening went on, I felt better and even washed up pile of dirty dishes, which always pleases me...kind of like making the bed. :wink: Net calories, sugar, sodium & protein good, fiber low & 17c water. :smile:

JFT R 2/8 - Skipping workplace snowshoe hike at lunchtime, not feeling quite up to par yet.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Net calories green / monitor the usual
    3) Evening: pick up citrus order, choir, grocery shop
    4) No screens (phone, computer) 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15

Please don't over-do!
    Washing dishes is therapeutic for me. Something about my hands being in the warm sudsy water perhaps. And I always feel quite satisfied when dishes are clean and counters wiped off...bonus if dishes are put away! And I feel the same with a made bed---my life can be completely topsy-turvy but feel much more grounded and serene with a made bed.

Get rest, get "well-er" and don't forget to eat to keep your strength up.

Peace and joy (and energy)
  • toaljasa
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I have not posted on here for a few days, and getting myself in a rut again ... where I don't care. But I do care. SO I really need to focus, and get back on track. I know my weight is up ..... just have to accept it, and move on, and get back on track!
    Hubby had his throat burning down yesterday, and all went well. They think they got all the precancerous cells, but he has to have it done again in 12 weeks, just to be sure. He is doing OK though .... just has a really bad sore throat.
    While I never got the flu bad like many of you, I have still been nauseaus and just very tired. But I think tomorrow I am going to get up and get my body to the gym. I am so afraid that the habit of going to the gym will be hard to get back again..... its way too easy to just lay in bed another hour (or 2!).

SO I need to get back to posting my goals, and actually meet them!
    JFT, Thursday, Feb 8
    1. log ALL food
    2. concentrate on more protein -- less carbs
    3. remember my red cup -- aim for 8 glasses of water. Take a sip everytime I go in the bathroom and kitchen
    4. finish up 5 more chemo hats --- almost 40 chemo hats ready for pick up next week! Then I can get back to working on my quilt
    5. get back to organizing. Today, if I feel OK , start on the file cabinets downstairs. File away 2017 stuff.
    6. organize the black shelf downstairs - put unused stuff in a box to get rid of
    7. read 1 chapter of simple abundance
    8. log in my gratitude journal. I am so grateful for all I have .... I just need to take the time to write it down.

SO many posts to read back on! I am so proud of how committed you guys are. It inspires me so much to read everyone's goals ... and I learn so much from all of you!

Good that your hub's procedure went well. So sorry you have not been feeling well. Perhaps you had a mild case of the flu.

I am looking forward to seeing those smiley faces on your daily goals! OPERATION: RED CUP. Drink up! That has been my biggest fail since I was focusing on my son and d-i-l. I just could not remember. But today! I thought, "Okay, I'm going to start up on the water intake again and get it done." I'm chugging---hopefully you are chugging along with me :)

So you fell off the track---all of us fall down. But we don't stay down, right? We fall down, we get back up again. You, my dear, have not only gotten back up again, you are up and swinging and moving! You are back to focusing on the process again. Yea for you! That is really a big thing...I think about how many times over the years I've fallen off and have taken months and several/many pounds later to get back on track.

Peace and joy---