JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    So I just realized I never posted goals for this month! So here it goes! I'm going to try and make them as doable as possible.

March 1st- 154.8
    (5'5" 29y Female)

March Goals
    1. Log all food at least 5 days a week
    2. Try Yoga Studio in town(if I like, go 1x a week)
    3. Acupuncture weekly
    4. Get back to the gym(go 3x a week)
    5. Have an awesome first 3 weeks at new job!
    6. Work on story 1x per week
    7. Get out of 150's!!!!!!

I think these are all doable!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    I've had a very relaxing day so far! Got up with the DH at 7:30. Didn't go to church because I didn't want to be the only family member there(found out later that DOD went) because sometimes I feel weird about it. Church has always been a family thing for us. Listened to a message from one of my favorite pastors instead. Killed two birds with one stone by working on my story at my Parents house while I was washing clothes. Lol. Got some things transferred from paper to word doc and finished a scene that I was stuck on. Did a few things around the house. Ran some errands. It's 330 and the DH gets off at 4(hopefully! Lol) so then I think the rest of the night will be devoted to him. He hasn't been feeling all that well(at least emotionally) for the last few days. I think he needs some Hannah time. Lol.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    So inspired by Saragirl’s honesty - I’m so in that place too re trying in a dress that I now can’t zip up and yes it has the tags on too... but I dare not measure my waist - you are brave!! ....
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @biche896 That's awesome! I'm glad that you survived the weekend! I know that those can be tough!
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    Love that your junk drawer collapsed! So real ...I have days like that too:) Keep smiling
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    My Just For Today is

Exercise bike for 15 mins
    Do 7 minute workout
    Treat myself to a cleansing face mask

:)
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Is your group accepting new members
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    teckeg wrote: »
    Hello everybody; I am Tom and I am a Compulsive Eater. My main goal for the first 6 months of this year is to completely remove candy type foods from my daily eats and to reduce foods that have sugar as a top 5 ingredient. The sugar gets me hooked to want more sweets and other foods for days afterwards. Even though I generally do not eat enriched white wheat flour, when it is combined with sugar as in cakes, muffins, etc, I find it almost irresistible. So my second goal is to try to completely remove those foods also. If I do that then it will be easier to get down to my desired weight.

Tom, I also am an Compulsive Eater - and an emotional eater. It is so easy to get back into those old habits - even after I can do really well for a few months. You are very smart in removing the sugary foods. This is what gets me. I can do OK as long as I don't eat that crap, but all it takes is one piece of cake or candy (in my case, ice cream), and the entire week seems that way.
    Welcome to the group, and I hope we see you post often. This thread does help to take things one day at a time, and keeps us going and not giving up.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Is your group accepting new members

Yes, anyone is welcome! Love to have you join us! We all learn from each other.
  • mytime6630
    Options

My DH had an SV today. Lol. He's down 14lbs in 6 weeks. It's mainly because we stopped eating out. I'm cooking every night and making his lunch for break time. He isn't eating a bag of puffcorn, a candy bar, and an energy drink/soda for break and take out for dinner. I also have him pretty much off the energy drinks. We've replaced it with caffeinated mint tea. Lol. He says that he is already starting to feel better. It's awesome to see!

This is so wonderful your DH losing weight also!! Makes it so much easier when you are both doing it together! Congrats to both of you --- your good eating habits, and you cooking healthy meals, is rubbing off on him also! Great job! So proud of you!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Sunday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditate :)
    3. Work :| looooong day
    4. Groceries :)
    5. REST, maybe knit on socks :)
    6. Brush and floss :)
    7. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Monday
    1. Water
    2. Meditate
    3. Work
    4. REST
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    (((((all)))))
    It's so great to check in here and see everyone working away on their goals as well as holding each other up.
    @joan6630 welcome home
    @murdog3t and @teckeg welcome to this group. It's a great, supportive and active group of people. I hope you find it helpful.