Team Exercists Week 1 results, week 2 chat

Options

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    And recipe... Chicken Satay

Prep: 2 hours or so, most of that is the meat marinating in the fridge. Cook time... maybe 20 minutes?

Ingredients

* 2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
    * 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons soy sauce
    * 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
    * 1 teaspoon brown sugar
    * 2 teaspoons curry powder
    * 5/8 clove garlic, chopped
    * 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
    * 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed

Directions

1. In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, curry powder, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Place the chicken breasts in the marinade and refrigerate. Let the chicken marinate at least 2 hours, overnight is best.
    2. Preheat a grill to high heat.
    3. Weave the chicken onto skewers, then grill for 5 minutes per side.

Yield: 4 servings

Calories 162, Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 68 mg, Sodium 694 mg, Carbs 4.1 g, Fiber .7 g, Protein 28.8 g

You can add more peanut butter to get a 'truer' satay taste. I also make a little extra sauce for dipping.
  • Isawau
    Isawau Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ok so gary said we can bike as well in the 100 mile challenge so i will do 20 k on the bike tonight!!
  • Isawau
    Isawau Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Honestyismydiet pledges 5 miles.
    wvualum pledges 5 miles.
    phawley13 pledge 10 miles.
    cncadieux pledges 5 miles.
    gwynnehamer 13 miles
    scapez 10 miles
    Libs41223 10 miles
    nb9251 10 miles
    gracefullyjenn 5 miles
    scante60 7 miles
    prettygirl2408 5 miles
    Isawau 5 miles run + 20 miles on the bike
    Murelzgirl 10 miles

Total miles: 120 miles
  • CassandreNoreen
    CassandreNoreen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Man you guys have such good recipes! I'm excited to make them!
  • CassandreNoreen
    CassandreNoreen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Here is my recipe - I made it last night for the first time and LOVED it! Boyfriend and siser both also loved it and it will definitely be made again soon! Everyone loves the combination of sausage, onions and peppers so I did a little twist using chicken sausage and added it to pasta.

I posted it to recipes this morning - Chicken Sausage, Onions & Peppers with Pasta - YUMMO! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit/2518956

Per Serving:
    409 Calories
    56g Carbs
    10g Fat
    22g Protein
    400mg Sodium
    5g Fiber

For an all in one dish, maybe add a small salad with vinegar or a low-fat/fat-free dressing and that is one very filling and delicous meal!!! Oh and the clean up is easy - best part! :bigsmile:

For some reason, when I click the link, it brings me to my recipe box. Any way you could repost? It sounds really good!
  • DelightfullyWifed
    Options
    cncadieux - NO PROBLEM!!!

Here is my recipe writen down - I was trying to save room but oh well! :) PS - I was craving a sausage Italian sub with all the fixings when I came up with this and it TOTALLY took care of the craving!

1lb of Chicken Sausage (remove from casing)
    1 small onion chopped
    1 jalapeno chopped (remove ribs and seeds - opinional)
    1/2-3/4 cup red bell pepper roughly chopped
    1/2-3/4 cup green bell pepper roughly chopped
    6-8oz sliced fresh mushrooms (rinsed and cleaned)
    3 cloved of fresh garlic minced
    1 28oz can of whole tomatoes (Dei Fratelli had very low sodium if any)
    1 15oz can of tomato sauce (I used Hunts No salt added)
    red wine (you could use chicken broth here instead and prob would drop calories but I was drinking some wine)
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1/2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
    Italian Seasoning
    Paprika
    Salt & Pepper to taste

Get a pot going on the stove to boil pasta and once boiling add pasta. In a large pan circle with EVOO (just enough to barely cover the bottom). Once hot add sausage to pan and begin to break up with wooden spoon until all small pieces. Leave until starts to brown and then add onions and jalapeno to the pan. Let onions sweat out and saute for about 3-4 minutes. Add bell peppers, mushrooms, and garlic and add red wine to deglaze pan (approx 4ish oz). Saute for another 3-5 minutes until veggies begin to get tender. Add can of whole tomatoes with liquid and stir into mixture. Add tomato sauce (I only use about 3/4 of the can or a tad less even but it is too taste) and seasonings to liking.

Drain pasta once done and mix with sausage mixture. Serve with a good sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley and a generous sprinkle (1/8 cup maybe) of cheese.

Per Serving: (with adding cheese and makes about 7 servings)
    409 Calories
    56g Carbs
    10g Fat
    22g Protein
    400mg Sodium
    5g Fiber
  • DelightfullyWifed
    Options
    Not sure why it posted twice - so I just edited it and deleted it.

Instead I will just say - KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK TEAM EXERCISTS!!! EVERYONE IS DOING A GREAT JOB AND BEING SO POSITIVE. IT'S BEEN AWESOME THESE PAST 9 DAYS SO I KNOW THE REMAINDER OF THE MONTH WILL BE EVEN BETTER!
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    So I just recalculated our score. We got a 235. 2ND PLACE so far!!! That is awesome girls! Lets keep it up. I want first place!!!!!!!!
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    We need to challenge the Curvettes. Make them feel some pain. Ideas?
  • wvualum
    Options

I don't know though. We might end up helping them! :devil:
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

I don't know though. We might end up helping them! :devil:

I was thinking the same thing. We need to challenge another team so we are pushed, but still take them out next week. Lol
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm going for first next week so I will pledge another 5 miles. We should see if we can get points for miles over 100

wvualum pledges 5 miles.
    gwynnehamer 13 miles
    scapez 10 miles
    Libs41223 10 miles
    nb9251 15 miles
    gracefullyjenn 5 miles
    scante60 7 miles
    prettygirl2408 5 miles
    Murelzgirl 10 miles

Total miles: 125 miles
  • wvualum
    Options
    I'm going for first next week so I will pledge another 5 miles. We should see if we can get points for miles over 100

wvualum pledges 5 miles. + 5 cause I want to win!!!
    gwynnehamer 13 miles
    scapez 10 miles
    Libs41223 10 miles
    nb9251 15 miles
    gracefullyjenn 5 miles
    scante60 7 miles
    prettygirl2408 5 miles
    Murelzgirl 10 miles

Total miles: 130 miles
  • phawley13
    phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    well I am not saying I can do more but 3 more of my 10 down, that is 5 miles extra so far from me. mid week and half done I am glad I changed to 10 miles.

And I know I will be helping more this week with getting closer to #1 yay for weighing in at 2lbs down this morning. and I am pushing to keep it up...

GO TEAM!!!!

:( smiley button isn't working on my mac I was going to put a big ol' smile on there
  • daddyzgrrl28
    Options
    Ok, for whatever reason I can't get the hang of finding stuff on these forums! Sheesh! How many forums do we have for our team and how do we find them all? I'll pledge some miles toward our total. it'll keep me in the gym for the rest of the week and keep me motivated so i have a good weigh in on Sunday. If all goes well, I will see a new second digit in my weight on Sunday. Awesome!!! :-)

wvualum pledges 5 miles. + 5 cause I want to win!!!
    gwynnehamer 13 miles
    scapez 10 miles
    Libs41223 10 miles
    nb9251 15 miles
    gracefullyjenn 5 miles
    scante60 7 miles
    prettygirl2408 5 miles
    Murelzgirl 10 miles
    Daddyzgrrl28 5 miles

Total miles: 135 miles
  • wvualum
    Options
    Done with Day 4's challenge: 100 jumping jacks and 3 sets of 21's. How is everyone else doing?
  • libs41223
    libs41223 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    So, I've been trying to do one globe jump all week and it's not working for me. I get super dizzy. Can I do 100 extra jumping jacks tomorrow instead?
  • wvualum
    Options
    So, I've been trying to do one globe jump all week and it's not working for me. I get super dizzy. Can I do 100 extra jumping jacks tomorrow instead?

I think that is fine!
  • phawley13
    Options
    tomorrow is going to be crazy, I am doing my w3d2 c25k; 50 globe jumps; 100 jumping jacks; and 100 stair climbers.... that is going to be one very crazy day. and that is 50 sets of globe jumps right where 1=4 (so it is more like 200 jumps in a square pattern)
  • phawley13
    Options
    Ok, for whatever reason I can't get the hang of finding stuff on these forums! Sheesh! How many forums do we have for our team and how do we find them all? I'll pledge some miles toward our total. it'll keep me in the gym for the rest of the week and keep me motivated so i have a good weigh in on Sunday. If all goes well, I will see a new second digit in my weight on Sunday. Awesome!!! :-)

Each week a new thread is posted so that the first doesn't get so long, it should show up on your home page saying that wvualum posted a new topic, every sunday just look for a post from her and you will find the forum