Girl Scouts' Cookies

Options

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    People keep gifting me with boxes of the gf cookies, which are just wonderful :) I guess I'm lucky they don't usually have gf at the tables outside the grocery stores, because I'd have a freezer full, and at least once a month I would have to devote an entire day's calories to all the cookies :o Right now I'm doing OK with all but one box in the freezer, and looking forward to 1 serving in the evenings, with a cup of tea.
  • bijarkhan
    bijarkhan Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    I don't know any girl scouts, nor did I see any of them selling any, so I am cookie-less. I think people buy a ton of them because they only come out once a year and that makes them a special treat. In terms of quality, they are just a cookie and I can get better tasting cookies year around at a bakery. However, I still love Trefoils, and I'd gladly take a box if I can get my hands on one.

I bought a box of those as well, thinking it would be a less cal decision. However, their taste went downhill. So I think their recipe was changed or like the above person stated there are two different places they are made??
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    The way I think of girl scout cookies is that they are no better than cookies on grocery store shelves year round. I don't need to feel that they are dangerous, special or exciting if I choose to buy some. I have not really felt like buying them with those thoughts though. (I am not anti-cookie. Homemade cookies fresh from the oven are awesome.)

If they are really troubling you share your box of cookies with other people. That way you get some but don't overdo it.

Agree on all counts!

The last time I ate GSCs, I bought 2 boxes but shared them (on the spot) with my husband and 2 male friends at a car show...so I think I got about three cookies. They were pretty okay, but I was glad to enjoy the flavor and then just have them out of my way. They definitely don't blow my mind.

Usually I buy 'em from a friend's daughter who lives 2 hours away and donate the actual cookies through them.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I remember being a girl scout and selling cookies so I'm an absolute sucker for the really cute kid at the less busy entrance to the grocery store who wasn't getting as many sales as the girls at the busier entrance. She was trying so hard to greet everyone.

But she didn't have change for a $20 so I ended up with 4 boxes.

Think she saw me coming? :)
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I was a GS for years, woo Gold Award!, so I always buy a box when asked. I love the s'mores ones and he lemon ones! But I have just two at a time because they are SO SWEET.
  • koda0071
    koda0071 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    girl scout cookies = kryptonite must stay away, must stay strong, oh one won't hurt .....empty box
    lemonaids and tag alongs should come with addictive warnings
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I've got gs cookies in my cube at work. Sometimes I have a serving in the afternoon, although 4 cookies isn't very much for 160C (thin mints).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    SAHNinja wrote: »
    I cant seem to go anywhere without seeing them selling. I hate telling the girls no, but I cant keep buying from them because I don't have the will power just yet

They'll probably accept a buck or two as a pure donation. At least that works with super cute Cub Scouts selling the popcorn I don't really like. ;)

I think some troops (maybe all?) allow you to purchase boxes to send to troops overseas

I got my boxes I ordered last Thursday. I haven’t touched them yet. Where did this being good thing come from? Maybe I’ll just have Thin Mints for breakfast.
  • dinolan1
    dinolan1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband bought a case of Thin Mints last month and put them in the freezer. He does this every year and the cookies last until the end of the year. He's stingy and doesn't let me have any. I usually buy a few boxes for myself but this year I didn't get out and about while GS were selling them. I don't drive in snow. Seems to me when I was a Girl Scout and later a Girl Scout leader the cookie sales were in March and April.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    dinolan1 wrote: »
    My husband bought a case of Thin Mints last month and put them in the freezer. He does this every year and the cookies last until the end of the year. He's stingy and doesn't let me have any. I usually buy a few boxes for myself but this year I didn't get out and about while GS were selling them. I don't drive in snow. Seems to me when I was a Girl Scout and later a Girl Scout leader the cookie sales were in March and April.

*holdyourtongueholdyourtongueholdyourtongue*

But thanks for reminding me I bought Trios on ebay because my region and all my surrounding regions suck out loud and haven't heard anything about my order yet.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I bought 4 boxes from my boss's kid like 6 weeks ago and I can't remember what I ordered. It'll be like Christmas when they're delivered!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I have ten boxes in my freezer! Samoas are the best!

They don't make it to my freezer unless it's the Girl Scout Somoas Ice Cream. They both are excellent.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I bought 4 boxes from my boss's kid like 6 weeks ago and I can't remember what I ordered. It'll be like Christmas when they're delivered!

Uodate: I actually ordered 5 boxes: 2 Samoas, 2 Savannah Smiles (my fave) and a box of Tagalongs. Huzzah!
  • glassyo
    Options

Uodate: I actually ordered 5 boxes: 2 Samoas, 2 Savannah Smiles (my fave) and a box of Tagalongs. Huzzah!

I don't normally see a lot of love for Savannah Smiles but I buy a box every year because it's something different and the calories per cookie are pretty low!
  • scribblemoma
    scribblemoma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I feel sooooo lucky that I don’t like cookies in general haha! I also don’t care for any type of snack cake or those powdered donut things you can buy at the gas station. Yes I suppose I AM a monster =)

It’s been years since I’ve had a girl scout cookie...I just hand them a dollar when I go past their booth and keep walking.
  • victoriarunner3572
    victoriarunner3572 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Oh agony is thinking about thin mints and caramel delights!
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

But thanks for reminding me I bought Trios on ebay because my region and all my surrounding regions suck out loud and haven't heard anything about my order yet.

I JUST bought some, like last week, so they are def still selling them.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    fitjcf wrote: »
    I wish they had a high protein Girl Scout cookie option. :D

That is a great idea!
  • glassyo
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I JUST bought some, like last week, so they are def still selling them.

Oooooo you're lucky. We don't get them at all so that's why I finally broke down and let ebay steal my money.
  • daveredvette
    daveredvette Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    love thin mints, used to eat a sleeve and glass of milk, now only 4 at a time every other day until box is gone