40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• mcummins78
    mcummins78 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ok so I’m 39 (40 in July) can I join in just to build up to the big 40?
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the New Kids...

@BrenMathers - you'll find that you're not alone. Similar challenges here. It was difficult at first, but now, after a number of years, eating healthy foods of my own choosing is the new normal. You'll get there!

@svensta - Sounds like you're on a good path. Congrats on a great loss so far. I ride a bike, too. Great to have more cyclists here.

@mcummins78 - you can sneak in under the 39 yrs & 6 months probationary rule. ;)
  • mcummins78
    mcummins78 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    @Djproulx why thank you...glad to be a part of it
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cardio 2 & some freestyle chest & tris"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hill sprints today. It's days like today that I get very annoyed when I look at my pace. I maintained a great place for my warm up run, which is really just the mile and a half run that gets me to my "hill." Unfortunately, waiting for lights really does do a number on your overall time as pace. Sigh. Urban running at its finest.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,971 Member
    Options
    Ended up skipping the gym and working out this am - seem to have caught a little cold bug, so far nothing too major, but don't like to potentially spread germs more than I have to, and felt rest might be more beneficial than getting up for an at-home workout. Playing it by ear as far as tomorrow goes, see how today goes and how I'm feeling.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, Boot camp done. Eye of the Tiger to start class is such a great motivator. I am sore and sleepy from late night puppy play...lol.
  • NJPhil
    NJPhil Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    43 years old, need to get into a more structured fitness routine.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    . . . . . . I am sore and sleepy from late night puppy play...lol.

I'm hoping you got a dog, and this is not code for some kinky stuff us old folks don't need to be hearing. lol

Hello friend. There is now 203 pounds of Larro, and I logged in to get that back down a stone or two. I'm starting a modified 5-2 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. {today is my first day. Calorie totals are yet to be determined}

Nice rainy day here on the Larro Ranchero. I've been transplanting pepper plants this morning. Camping tonight down at my river camp. Small amount of work work in the morning, then lunch with Margie and hiking and camping at Torreya State Park tomorrow.

Got to run. My lovely wife is giving me the high sign lunch is ready. {I know I say this ever time, but I'll try to say hey more often}

Larro
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    . . . . . . I am sore and sleepy from late night puppy play...lol.

I'm hoping you got a dog, and this is not code for some kinky stuff us old folks don't need to be hearing. lol

Hello friend. There is now 203 pounds of Larro, and I logged in to get that back down a stone or two. I'm starting a modified 5-2 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. {today is my first day. Calorie totals are yet to be determined}

Nice rainy day here on the Larro Ranchero. I've been transplanting pepper plants this morning. Camping tonight down at my river camp. Small amount of work work in the morning, then lunch with Margie and hiking and camping at Torreya State Park tomorrow.

Got to run. My lovely wife is giving me the high sign lunch is ready. {I know I say this ever time, but I'll try to say hey more often}

Larro

Hello Stranger! Welcome back. :)
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Welcome to the new "cool kids". :)

Yesterday, struggled to get a 5km run in. Ugh. Why are some days so hard. I managed 5.7km, but seriously, was so not into it.

That's commitment. You do it even when you don't feel like it. Well done.

Love your photos, too. You aced that part! HAHA! B):D

Welcome to the new kids!

• parjolka
    parjolka Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Guys you really have great time here!Are you sure y'all are 40+? greetings from the other end of the world,Jena.
  • parjolka
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    New week! New goals!

Am going to get in 5 x workouts this week. And, I am choosing to cut starchy-carbs out for the entire week. Veggies and protein - that's gotta be where it is at for this week.

BOOM!

Wise and healthy
  • parjolka
    Options
    mcummins78 wrote: »
    Ok so I’m 39 (40 in July) can I join in just to build up to the big 40?

If in July, welcome!
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    parjolka wrote: »
    Guys you really have great time here!Are you sure y'all are 40+? greetings from the other end of the world,Jena.

Nah, we actually talk about drywall, our aching backs and complain about those millennials and their Tide pods...
  • lauzjacobs
    lauzjacobs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well 40 & feeling Fab!
    Finally figured out I was eating 'healthy' all my life but at 4times the portions with no selfcontrol around cake. Thanks mfp/fitbit I'm back on top. Just tweeking gym routine between cardio & weights to get threw the latest plateau. Any gym routines or helpful suggestions
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start & Resistance 1"=Done!