HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2018
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I wouldn't consider myself bulky at all, but I do have a decent muscle base and curves which I worked hard in the gym to build over many years with surplus (bulk) cycles. I also keep my bodyfat levels more in the fitness or high end of athletic range.

When people who lift flex, you can better see their muscles. I personally love to see people show off muscle, but some may be intimidated by that and it can put them off lifting. But see when I don't flex is what I look like most of the time in my everyday life. Lifting and building muscle has made such a difference in my confidence, my strength, my aesthetics, my outlook on food and eating, it has been so healthy for me all around. :)

Non-flex vs flexing photos:

This is an awesome contribution to this thread. Also coming off some threads I have seen recently discussing flex/non flex, and certain looks that are intimidating to women who may be afraid to pick up heavy things and put them back down.

Amazing progress and agree totally haawt!

• AmbitiousButRubbish
    AmbitiousButRubbish Posts: 246 Member
    I wouldn't consider myself bulky at all, but I do have a decent muscle base and curves which I worked hard in the gym to build over many years with surplus (bulk) cycles. I also keep my bodyfat levels more in the fitness or high end of athletic range.

When people who lift flex, you can better see their muscles. I personally love to see people show off muscle, but some may be intimidated by that and it can put them off lifting. But see when I don't flex is what I look like most of the time in my everyday life. Lifting and building muscle has made such a difference in my confidence, my strength, my aesthetics, my outlook on food and eating, it has been so healthy for me all around. :)

eit8a4eqgucl.jpg

nss9yhomn2f1.jpg

Amazing job!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    thi3 wrote: »
    Thanks to this thread I have a weight bench and rack to assemble when I get off work tonight. Aw yeah!

Awesome!!!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Bump
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Bump!!!
  • SagarikaBedi
    SagarikaBedi Posts: 15 Member
    I just started lifting heavy but i am considerably bloated. Looks like gained a lot of weight.
    Any suggestions awesome ladies!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member

eit8a4eqgucl.jpg

nss9yhomn2f1.jpg

Amazing job!

You are super hot! That's all haha
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    This thread has been quiet. Thought I'd bump it with my most recent since I officially started a bulk. Happy lifting gals.

ETA, sorry these are me at the same weight. I was a little flat in the dress because I was just coming out of a deficit.

iay105l1aayj.jpg

I love this thread and I just freaking love ur body! Care to say what you do for diet/exercise? Pleeeeeeease?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Okay, question for fellow women lifters...so lifting definitely isn’t making me bulky, but i think it’s making me veiny. Anyone else notice this? I mean, I’ve seen those ropey veins on male lifters’ arms, but never really thought about it until I started seeing visible veins everywhere (mostly legs, arms, hands). What the?!? I had a full cardiac work up for other reasons and they did a venous ultrasound and nothing was wrong. Just blue veins everywhere. Might be the only side effect of lifting I don’t like :neutral:

Hm...I love when I see a vein. I like a bit of a lean/vascular look personally.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Okay, question for fellow women lifters...so lifting definitely isn’t making me bulky, but i think it’s making me veiny. Anyone else notice this? I mean, I’ve seen those ropey veins on male lifters’ arms, but never really thought about it until I started seeing visible veins everywhere (mostly legs, arms, hands). What the?!? I had a full cardiac work up for other reasons and they did a venous ultrasound and nothing was wrong. Just blue veins everywhere. Might be the only side effect of lifting I don’t like :neutral:

Hm...I love when I see a vein. I like a bit of a lean/vascular look personally.

I don’t mind that much in the arms/chest, it’s more the legs. Some are the bigger ones, some small. My legs look like a 70 year old’s (well, a pretty fit 70 year old without the crepey skin) or a road map of NJ. And the freak forehead veins. I could do without those too. I look like the Bruce Banner right before hulks out (yep, giant nerd :wink: )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!