March 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @katryan1626 welcome! What marathon are you signed up for?
    @mommarobb ...your profile photo...wow! You are amazing! I bet you inspire a lot of people.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Welcome @katryan1626 ! Good luck on the marathon! You should find several folks here have tackled and conqured that distance.

@mommarobb I can manage about a mile, before my feet blister! What's your secret? Love the progress you've made!!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    7 miles tonight with Kody while my son was in confirmation class. They ended it early so I didn't get my planned 8.5 in.

NO IT BAND PAIN! I'm stoked about that. Granted, only 7 miles, but I'm starting to feel like the progress is real now.

Also had a a great average pace of 8:23 and an avg. cadence of 182...first time over 180.

Another pair of new shoes tonight. This time it was a pair of Altra One 2.5's. They look like clown shoes with the wide toe box.

Great news about your IT Band!!!!

How are you liking the clown shoes?

I am really interested in trying the Altras. There is a very good chance I will just order them off Amazon and roll the dice that they will fit. Probably this weekend. I need trail shoes, so probably just bite the bullet and buy them and hope I guessed all the stuffs right.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I fell on my face. Literally. Face plant. FTW.

Umm, you do know that when you are running the only part of your body that is supposed to be on the ground is your feet right?
  • mommarobb
    mommarobb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Thanks. I do try to inspire people.
    @Elise4270 Thanks. My secret... I hate shoes unless I am dressing up, then I love them. I have always went barefoot as much as possible and I think that has toughened them up. I find that wearing shoes on the treadmill makes my muscles hurt.
  • 7lenny7
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @7lenny7 you mean I shouldn't blast "No Vaseline" at JaJa :D

@JessicaMcB we might be able to make an exception for that when the moment is right
  • 7lenny7
    Options
    7 miles tonight with Kody while my son was in confirmation class. They ended it early so I didn't get my planned 8.5 in.

NO IT BAND PAIN! I'm stoked about that. Granted, only 7 miles, but I'm starting to feel like the progress is real now.

Also had a a great average pace of 8:23 and an avg. cadence of 182...first time over 180.

Another pair of new shoes tonight. This time it was a pair of Altra One 2.5's. They look like clown shoes with the wide toe box.

Great news about your IT Band!!!!

How are you liking the clown shoes?

I am really interested in trying the Altras. There is a very good chance I will just order them off Amazon and roll the dice that they will fit. Probably this weekend. I need trail shoes, so probably just bite the bullet and buy them and hope I guessed all the stuffs right.

I have Altra trail shoes so I knew what to expect for fit. Still, on pavement I'm still using a 10mm drop for most runs so it does feel different with zero drop. I'll wear these for a couple of runs then put them in reserve.

It's hard to say for certain after just one run but they felt great. They look like they are curved inward too far but they felt fine.

The ugly Nike shoes I broke out Saturday are 4mm drop so I'll continue to use those as a low drop shoe to mix in with my 10mm drop Glycerins and Gel Nimbuses (Nimbi?)

My feet seem to be easy to please. I've had 12 different shoe models and the only pair which don't work great are Salomon Speedcross, though if I use a thin sock and lots of lube, those will work.
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    A couple more bits of trail etiquette, which would seem to be obvious, but apparently not because I seem to come across this every race
    • Do not plug both of your ears with ear buds. If you must have your music, just use one ear bud, not two. You need to hear people.

I do remember the your parking incident! Awful!