Replies

• dniania
    dniania Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    dniania wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm single.

I’m single too lol

Not really, if you've hung out with him and talked to him every day since you've broken up....

I hang hung out with him i saw him in public lol
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    And then in top of that he broke up with me on Tuesday and texted me on Wednesday and texted me again on Thursday ... like if you break up with someone why continue communication

Please don't tell me he broke up with you over texts...

Yes he broke up with me in a text !

Normally I would say follow your heart and if you are both open for a conversation then go for it, meet with him and see what happens. But after reading all of this it's crystal clear to me that you were in fact dating a child.
    I say walk away if you can't run... and wiggle your *kitten* as you do it!

Girl. You got this. Trust me.
  • WhisperingNighthawk
    WhisperingNighthawk Posts: 138 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    If he's not making an effort to meet with you, he doesn't want to meet with you.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice to give you but still wanted to offer my support anyway. Hugs !
  • dniania
    dniania Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Feeling a lot better
  • adele012
    adele012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    He called out of work because he woke up late? lol. Gurl, move on to the next one. He'll never make assistant manager at the Blockbuster Video.

We need to be friends.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    These problems seem vaguely familiar. Except when I was in middle school, people broke up with each other via written notes. Ah, such a lost art.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    These problems seem vaguely familiar. Except when I was in middle school, people broke up with each other via written notes. Ah, such a lost art.

The old break up note left on the windshield of his/her car in high school was classic.
  • Sammylou40s
    Sammylou40s Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It’s difficult nowadays because people insist on torturing themselves. He didn’t reply to text immediately, he must be cheating. He has a female friend, he’s a cheat. He went out without me, of course he’s a cheat. So they stalk on social media and torment themselves. They call the the phone. No answer, hang up, it’s over!
    I’ve been married a long time but going back to a time when a note, letter or phone call ended it was a good thing. When it’s done, it’s done.
    Unless you have kids or financial ties there’s no need to talk again. Forget it and move on.
    It’s nothing to do with you not being good enough, it’s everything to do with it being the wrong person for you.
    Plenty of fish........
  • Princess71117
    Princess71117 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    All I can say is break up's are so tough but just reading that text I would get the feeling that he's very much guarding his emotions... which can be tough to communicate through.. Good luck with everything
  • vajoseph
    vajoseph Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How old are you?

This whole story does has"RUN FOREST RUN" written all over it. He's possessive and you kind of like that because you're clingy, he's manipulating you in all the right ways, and he has you apologizing even though you "don't think" he has cheated on you. PLUS he calls out of work for oversleeping. This is not a good match, ditch him please!
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Forget it and move on.
    It’s nothing to do with you not being good enough, it’s everything to do with it being the wrong person for you.
    Plenty of fish........

This. All of the drama and insecurity is a great sign that it's time to move on. If you don't have feelings of mutual trust and security from the beginning, they're not right for you. Eventually you will find someone where all of that clicks and you'll regret wasting time on anyone else. Use this time to work on yourself and meet other people.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Gosh don't people just break up anymore and never speak to each other again?

It used to come naturally when people had a clear vision for the type of structured future they wanted with an appropriate mate.

Now it might be a good idea to teach classes on the subject of real breaking up and the constructive reasoning behind it.

If life coaching has a market, this certainly can. Entrepreneurs?

These Break-up classes....

Does the tuition include cans of black spray paint and automotive refinishing costs?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Gosh don't people just break up anymore and never speak to each other again?

It used to come naturally when people had a clear vision for the type of structured future they wanted with an appropriate mate.

Now it might be a good idea to teach classes on the subject of real breaking up and the constructive reasoning behind it.

If life coaching has a market, this certainly can. Entrepreneurs?

I blame cell phones. It was so much easier when your dad just hung up on them for you :)
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    ahahahah
  • Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    You need to work on yourself and not be so needy .
    That is a huge turn off on people .
    You need to become more secure with yourself that you don't need to talk to him everyday and be ok with that .
    It's emotionally draining to always feel like you have to " babysit" you're partners feeling .
    Insecurity will always destroy anything you have good with someone .

Barefoot is right.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Guuuurl, I've been thinking about this a few days and unless this ex boyfriend of yours has champagne coming out of his *kitten* and can make you shake like a broken washing machine he's replacable. ;):D

Do these champagne spewing boyfriends even exist? Asking for a friend.