Halo Top now in Canada

Options

Replies

• Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    So, just got back from Superstore in Calgary. No Halo Top. :disappointed:

I just went to the Zehr's here in LaSalle, ON and while they're listed as a distributor, they haven't got any in yet. The manager says it is coming but he's not sure when. Hopefully soon.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    vtp8sgamhdo3.png
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

I have certainly noticed that the Superstores in Cow town sure differ when it comes to selection - Signal Hill is a smaller store but carries more stuff in their 'natural foods' selection. Where as the one in the NE surely does not. Thank goodness I'm not close to that one.

So...I'll be checking Signal Hill store soon and 'report' back :)
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    susanmc31 wrote: »
    Just checked and they are selling it in Halifax! What should I try first???

Did you actually find it, or just find it listing Halifax on the website?

Cuz it seems to be Ontario only right now. Yeah, more than the big smoke, but not much more.
  • vegmebuff
    edited March 2018
    Options
    vtp8sgamhdo3.png

I got this as well. If I go to the website the store near me doesn't show it but the halo top website does. It's a bit of a trek for me so I'm hoping that I don't drive all of the way there and end up wasting 40 minutes of my time tonight.

I find that the online items do not necessarily mean that other items aren't at various stores...I'm thinking they just put the 'regular' items that all the stores carry on their site. Rather frustrating...as the stores aren't convenient that's for sure!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »

I have certainly noticed that the Superstores in Cow town sure differ when it comes to selection - Signal Hill is a smaller store but carries more stuff in their 'natural foods' selection. Where as the one in the NE surely does not. Thank goodness I'm not close to that one.

I'd just looked at their store locator on the website and it didn't show anything at all, so I presumed we weren't getting it on this side of the country yet!

I live south of Calgary so my closest Superstores are at that end of town... it's not a long drive, but not one I really want to do for no good reason at this time of year. :)
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Correction to the title of this thread.

Halo Top now in Toronto.

WHERE in Toronto???
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options

Halo Top now in Toronto.

WHERE in Toronto???

Metro is the only chain carrying it at this point.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options

That’s so true. The one closest to me (Hamptons, in the NW) is an awful store. They’re always out of everything and the store is pretty messy. Sometimes entire sections of shelves are bare. We will go over to the Huntington store occasionally because everything always seems to be in stock, and it’s a lot more organized. I just hate driving all the way over there when there’s one 5 minutes from my house.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options

Halo Top now in Toronto.

WHERE in Toronto???

Fortinos, too!
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    vtp8sgamhdo3.png

I got this as well. If I go to the website the store near me doesn't show it but the halo top website does. It's a bit of a trek for me so I'm hoping that I don't drive all of the way there and end up wasting 40 minutes of my time tonight.

I find that the online items do not necessarily mean that other items aren't at various stores...I'm thinking they just put the 'regular' items that all the stores carry on their site. Rather frustrating...as the stores aren't convenient that's for sure!

I actually just decided to call Superstore and I was told that they're going to start selling them but not until late this month.

That is awesome! Which one did you call?
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options

Halo Top now in Toronto.

WHERE in Toronto???

Fortinos, too!

We recently moved to Toronto and live in the downtown core, so I’m not familiar with the stores mentioned.
  • estherdragonbat
    Options
    This might help: https://halotop.ca/where-to-buy/

Looks like Metro, Fortino's, Loblaws, Superstore, and Valu-Mart
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    Thanks Esther! Looks like my closest Superstore ought to have some.

What do they mean by "the natural section" though? It's got to be in a freezer somewhere, right? Shouldn't be too hard to find?
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I am surprised. Winnipeg Superstores have them. Brandon no, but Winnipeg yes.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    Hmmm I am surprised. Winnipeg Superstores have them. Brandon no, but Winnipeg yes.

Still not enough reason to go to Winnipeg this time of year. But if I could get to see a Jets game, then maybe....

(was born there)
  • estherdragonbat
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

What do they mean by "the natural section" though? It's got to be in a freezer somewhere, right? Shouldn't be too hard to find?

Do they have a health foods/vegan freezer? A lot of stores do have a separate freezer unit for Dr. Praeger, Sol Burgers, Amy's, etc. Probably it'd be there, as opposed to side by side with Haagen Dasz.
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

Do they have a health foods/vegan freezer? A lot of stores do have a separate freezer unit for Dr. Praeger, Sol Burgers, Amy's, etc. Probably it'd be there, as opposed to side by side with Haagen Dasz.

No idea - I've rarely shopped there! :) I'll take a look, next time I feel like driving into town... I admit I'd have been looking for it alongside the other ice creams...
  • Foodfavor
    Foodfavor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    None near Victoria, BC. Why do all the cool new foods hate our tiny island :cry:
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Foodfavor wrote: »
    None near Victoria, BC. Why do all the cool new foods hate our tiny island :cry:

There will be some at Superstore on the island, as soon as they start carrying them (which someone earlier in the thread said will be late this month).