One Food You Avoided Since Childhood

Options

Replies

• XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    mayonnaise!! YUCK!!!....But its my moms fault, because she always hated so never fed it to us.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Meatloaf!

Now ground beef messes with my stomach too much
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I hated brussel sprouts so much as a kid, I behaved like I was being poisoned when I had to eat them. I finally tried them again shaved and roasted at a restaurant a few years ago and they were amazing. It turns out I just dont like BOILED brussel sprouts, which is the only way my mother ever made vegetables (frozen, boiled, and drenched in butter :s ) No I roast them all the time, it's become one of my favorite foods.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    warm milk.
    They used to make me drink warm milk in Russia because I was underweight (oh the irony!) but they'd boil it and it would get this film on it....
    I always snuck it to someone else who liked it.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered spiders.
  • iWishMyNameWasRebel
    iWishMyNameWasRebel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I hated lima beans with all my soul. As an adult, I love them. Conversely, as a kid I really liked broccoli. Now, not so much.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I always avoided eating raw tomatoes, and even claimed to be allergic to them. Now I like them but only chopped or diced. It's something about the texture of a big thick slice of cold tomato (ugh), not so much the flavor.

I've only had ground turkey ONCE when I was in college. My boyfriend's mom put it in her sauce for spaghetti and I almost puked. NEVER tried it again ever, even when friends tell me it's come a long way in the past 20 years and now tastes great...I am not going to try it. I don't even care for other types of turkey but the idea of ground turkey makes me sick.

• Fisah17
    Fisah17 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Liver and onions, Tang, do they even make it anymore, beets, cow tongue...it said one didn't it :D
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Yellow squash and fish in general. I love both now.
    There was this yellow squash and tuna casserole my mom would make that I wouldn't touch. She made me take a bite and I threw up in the bowl.
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Fish, most meat, and eggs.
    I grew into them, then I became vegan and grew out of them.
  • hopefuldreamfairy
    hopefuldreamfairy Posts: 69 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    hot dogs, sour cream, sausage, and jelly. NEVER.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    I always avoided eating raw tomatoes, and even claimed to be allergic to them. Now I like them but only chopped or diced. It's something about the texture of a big thick slice of cold tomato (ugh), not so much the flavor.

Exactly this.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Avoided? I've spent my life trying to figure out how Mom and her sister made that stuff so good. I think her sister's had something to do with milking the cow and harvesting the eggs before breakfast. The bacon came from the smokehouse where last fall's hog was kept. The only thing they had to buy was flour for the biscuits, and those were awesome biscuits.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Mac N Cheese. Tried it again recently and nope still cant eat it. That and liver!
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Pork chops. That's some prison tray fare.
  • dbanks80
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    Cottage cheese is definitely another one for me. My mom used to love it with pineapple.
    *gag* :D

My mom used to eat that all the time with pineapples when she was "dieting" yuck!

• dbanks80
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »

I had pork chops tonight for dinner with roasted brussel sprouts.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    kam26001 wrote: »

I had pork chops tonight for dinner with roasted brussel sprouts.
    I wish I could like brussel sprouts. They are beautiful on the stalk. Why do they taste so bitter though? :s