TEAM PURPLE! *Lose 10lbs in August*

Options

Replies

• Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So I just realized I've been under estimating my water intake this whole time I've been on MFP! I've been counting my usual glass of water as 1 cup...the light bulb flickered on and I realized I've been counting a 16 oz. glass as 8 oz.! Well, nice to know I've been getting around the daily recommended amount. 82oz for today! :drinker:

And then my little frustration for this evening, realized as I got to my gym that, not only did I forget my membership card, but I also forgot my combination lock and my ipod. None of this would've been so bad if I didn't have the responsibility of my work laptop in my backpack...which wouldn't have fit in the quarter lockers. So needless to say I had to pass on the gym. But! Instead of waiting for the bus to go back home, I walked all the way And even made a detour for a longer trip...with my heavy backpack. I didn't get the elliptical, but at least I still got the exercise. :smile:

Bag is all set, lock and all, for tomorrow. Bring it on!!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,025 Member
    Options
    August 10 LB Challenge
    Week 2

Mon/ water~ 80 ozs / exercise~ 65 mins / cal burn / 615
    Tue/ water~104 ozs / exercise~50 min / cal burn / 232

cardio rest day for me

Tish
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Suceeded in meeting the challenge on day two. This is awesome. Let's see if I can keep it up.
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Seraph - that's great! What a great head-space, that you made a way to get the exercise in even when things weren't ideal. Great work.
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    Sick today. Met water, no exercise.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    So far this week I have done:
    Monday: 65 min of exercise and 80oz of water
    Tuesday: 40 min of exercise and 88 oz of water.

I think this is much easier than 500 calories a day!
  • start_on_monday
    Options
    Is everyone eating the calories they are burning off?
  • WendyTricia
    WendyTricia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So far so good this week. I would love to see the scale move southward, but I'm just happy that this challenge keeps me active and focused.
  • WendyTricia
    WendyTricia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So far so good this week. I would love to see the scale move southward, but I'm just happy that this challenge keeps me active and focused.
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    This challenge this week is killing me. I just got back from vacation so no exercise i counted yesterday but i did drink about 7 glasses of water.
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I am curious about this too. I just adjusted my daily intake bc I had lifestyle too active in my profile and now my exercise calories mean a post workout snack.
  • Shells77
    Shells77 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm not sure if I got extra cardio or not in, since tonight is usually when my boyfriend and I hit the gym for strength and cardio workout. I compensated because I do this when I'm not feeling well.

He mentioned he has a terrible headache and was having a bad day at work, so he wasn't sure if he would be able to work out or not. Usually he powers through; I never do in these circumstances.

Just in case (and because it was a GORGEOUS day today) I took a somewhat intense bike ride along the river trail. This group is working wonders.

Hope you all are feeling the motivation, too!!
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    Made up missing exercise yesterday by doing 146 minutes today and have already gone over water goal and the day isn't over yet!
  • tiabirdie56
    Options

I wasn't during the July challenge and I didn't lose any weight either. I exercise pretty intensely and need those calories. When I started eating what I burned off, I started losing weight. I want to meet my calorie goal everyday or within 60 calories. One or two days I have been over by about 200 calories. When my body needs the fuel, I feed her.
  • rqlinzer
    rqlinzer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Another good day...64 oz of water, and 75 minutes of exercise. I did not eat all of my workout calories, so I will have to do better tomorrow.
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    72 oz water; 25 min Elliptical, 235 calories burned.

GO PURPLE REIGNS!
  • Shan80
    Shan80 Posts: 47
    Options
    UGH. I haven't hit my burn at all this week unfortunately. We had a death in our family late Sunday night and the whole week has been devoted to my family - my workouts have taken a back burner until Today.

I doubt I see a good loss this week - but I hope I have something at least.

I get my elliptical tomorrow though so once it gets here I can start using it and really burning up those calories!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Doing ok on this week's goal but I'm not counting water past 8 cups (i didn't realize I was drinking so much!) because I end up losing count lol....

Monday Rest Day 8+ cups
    Tuesday 41 min 567 Cals 8+ cups
    Wednesday 60 min 791 Cals 8+ cups

Totals 101 min 1358 cals 24+ cups

I'm really glad I found this group it's really motivating me to stay on top of things!
  • tiabirdie56
    Options
    August 10 LB Challenge
    Week 2

Mon/ water~ 80 ozs / exercise~ 65 mins / cal burn ~ 615
    Tue/ water~104 ozs / exercise~50 min / cal burn ~ 232
    Wed/ water ~ 88 ozs / exercise~ 95 min / cal burn ~ 889
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Day 4:

Monday: 65 min of exercise and 80oz of water
    Tuesday: 40 min of exercise and 88 oz of water.
    Wednesday: 85 min of exercise and 96 oz of water
    Thursday: 50 min of exercise ....