who is YOUR favorite Author?

Options

Replies

• msmith5251s
    Options
    Dean Koontz (especially the Odd Thomas series)
    Piers Anthony (especially the Incarnations of Immortality series)

I don't know if I've ever met another person that loves Piers. I haven't read any of that series, but I've read all except the newest of the Xanth series (and most of the others at least twice).

I also like Trudy Canavan, JRR Tolken, and Christopher Paolini.

LOVE Piers Anthony - the absolute, uncontested King of Puns!! (Obviously, Xanth series is my fave.) The non-fiction book he did about editors cracked me up - can't think of the title right now. I adored "Letters to Jenny" too.

I've been on a Dean Koontz binge for some time now, just going through one after another. The Odd Thomas series is one of the best series I've ever read, of any fictional genre. I also loved how he wove so many different genres into "Tick Tock" - that was awesome!!

I LOVE Odd Thomas too- ooohmygosh! Don't get me started! :D
  • wildst4r
    wildst4r Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i love jim butcher. his "dresden files" series is my favorite ever!
  • msmith5251s
    Options
    lol lol lol.
    We said thee exact same thing! :D
  • msmith5251s
    Options
    Chuck Palahniuk and Dean Koontz

opps. Meant to quote this...
    lol lol lol
    We said thee exact same thing! :D
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is Christopher Moore. Man is a GENIUS. I actually got to meet him, too. He's as funny in person as he is on paper.

My absolute favorite is Ray Bradbury. He's been a strong influence in my own writing over the years.
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is Christopher Moore. Man is a GENIUS. I actually got to meet him, too. He's as funny in person as he is on paper.

My absolute favorite is Ray Bradbury. He's been a strong influence in my own writing over the years.

gonna have to friend you. Chris is a genius, "Lamb" is in my top 5, and I met Mr Bradbury, :)

Oh, and Zafron " Shadow of the Wind". John Kennedy Toole "A Confederacy of Dunces". Steinbeck's "East of Eden". Fitzgerald. Cather. Katherine Anne Porter. Oh, my, too many to list.

Nonfiction? Try John Krakauer, anything. Sebastian Junger. I actually read more non-fiction than novels...message me if anyone one needs a recommendation.... :)

How could I forget Philip K ****... brilliant, absolutely brilliant mind, that man.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    gonna have to friend you. Chris is a genius, "Lamb" is in my top 5, and I met Mr Bradbury, :)

Lamb is my FAVORITE. That books is hilarious.
  • em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    George RR Martin,pleased as to see his books made into series Game of Thrones.
  • silly_sawsage
    Options
    i like p.c and kristen cast they write vampire novels called the house of night Xxx
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    Charlaine Harris

Read all up to date? Do you find they are quite **** as of late? Like after book 7/8 it got really crap?
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    JAMES PATTERSON, NORA ROBERTS,AND PATRICIA CORNWELL.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    **** Francis and Tony Hillerman for mysteries
    Brandon Sanderson
    Clive Cussler
  • ai965
    ai965 Posts: 118
    Options
    I have quite a few favorites, so I will write the one who is most influential to me-Kate Bornstein. Her book literally saved my life.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Right now it's S.C. Stephens.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth Berg and Wally Lamb for sure
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Kurt Vonnegut, Jules Verne, Mark Twain
  • dementiababe
    Options
    I love Ted Dekker, especially the Circle Trilogy series. I also love James Patterson.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Oy, I love so many! Karen Marie Moning, Catherine Coulter, Elizabeth Boyle, Francine Rivers, Candace Camp, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Julia Quinn...I love, love romance. Historical and sci fi romances are my fave :):)
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    It's like choosing a favorite music group - too many ...

Ken Kesey
    Allen Ginsberg
    Jack Kerouac (I'm very into the Beat generation writers)
    Chuck Palanuick
    Kurt Vonnegut
    Gore Vidal
    Hunter S Thompson
    and the girl in me - Nicholas Sparks
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Flannery O'Connor