Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed Group) - Week 3

Options

Replies

• yramesor333
    Options
    sorry i havent been posting much (was in a bummed out mood,for gaining 3 lbs and been eatin healthy no cheating ugh ) im back now !!! and ready 2 move forward shed this 3 pounds i gained and more whoo hoo !!!
    WTG to everyone that loss weight :drinker: and for us that didnt its ok we got this ...LETS MOVE R BOOTY AND SHOW THEM WE CAN DO THIS !!! :glasses:
    heres a recipe i made tonight ...never ate egg plant before until today ,not 2 keen on it !! but for everyone that likes egg plants heres a awesome recipe !!

Skillet Eggplant Parmigiana

Serves: 4

Cooking Time: 30 min

Ingredients
    3 egg whites
    1 1/2 cups Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
    1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
    1/3 cup olive oil
    1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce, divided
    1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    NOTE i also added boiled chicken breast chopped up and layered in middle !!!!
    Instructions
    1.Place eggs in a shallow dish and beat lightly. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.

2.Dip eggplant slices in egg then place in bread crumbs and pat crumbs lightly onto both sides.

3.In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat until hot. Fry eggplant 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more oil as needed. Remove to platter.

4.When finished frying eggplant, discard oil and place 3/4 cup sauce in skillet. Layer with fried eggplant then spoon 3/4 cup sauce over eggplant and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers 2 more times, finishing with sauce and reserving 1/2 cup cheese.

5.Cover and heat 12 to 15 minutes on medium-low heat. Remove cover and sprinkle with remaining cheese; cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am loving these challeneges. Especially the $5.00 challenge. I will be buying a new outifit with that money. :) I wll be doing the 30 Day Shred style of jumping rope.

Good Luck Team CCC!!!
  • leslyta
    leslyta Posts: 70
    Options
    ready to jump!!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    love both the challenges AND that the chart is in Christmas colors!!! (has it been all along and I've just noticed?? lol)
  • abjedi
    abjedi Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yea!! So excited this group is the
    Best!! thanks Jenn and all you wonderful people...I Will defiantly be doing both challenges!!! And also still plan on doing the beginner burpees... yippee. I had a rough weekend but I'm now back on track... Yes we can do this!!!!
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Love the challenges. I will definitly be tucking 5 dollars/week away and buy myself something in a smaller size at Christmas. Kind of starting sliding during the weekend....not going to be a good weigh in...but I am going to pull myself together and start eating better again and start jumproping!!!!! Good luck everyone and Jenn....thanks for the challenges!!!!!
  • leslyta
    leslyta Posts: 70
    Options
    5min of jumping rope and I almost died!! lol!! Def need to do it more!! All i kept thinking was: has it been 5 min yet??
    thank u for all the work ur putting into this group!! <3
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    bumping for later :-)
  • abjedi
    abjedi Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    5min of jumping rope and I almost died!! lol!! Def need to do it more!! All i kept thinking was: has it been 5 min yet??
    thank u for all the work ur putting into this group!! <3

I completely agree!!!!
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Just got done with 50 burpees (40 beginner and 10 advanced)!!! :bigsmile: I had to make up for last week. I did 10 the first day but I got lazy the rest of the week. It took me awhile to do these 50 but I feel really accomplished. I already feel back on track!

Maybe I can even get 5 or 10 minutes of jump roping in later today. :smile:

Alright!!!!!!!! You can do it and as you can see it makes you feel GREAT :bigsmile: keep up the good work
  • PositivePower
    Options
    sorry i havent been posting much (was in a bummed out mood,for gaining 3 lbs and been eatin healthy no cheating ugh ) im back now !!! and ready 2 move forward shed this 3 pounds i gained and more whoo hoo !!!
    WTG to everyone that loss weight :drinker: and for us that didnt its ok we got this ...LETS MOVE R BOOTY AND SHOW THEM WE CAN DO THIS !!! :glasses:
    heres a recipe i made tonight ...never ate egg plant before until today ,not 2 keen on it !! but for everyone that likes egg plants heres a awesome recipe !!

Skillet Eggplant Parmigiana

Serves: 4

Cooking Time: 30 min

Ingredients
    3 egg whites
    1 1/2 cups Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
    1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
    1/3 cup olive oil
    1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce, divided
    1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    NOTE i also added boiled chicken breast chopped up and layered in middle !!!!
    Instructions
    1.Place eggs in a shallow dish and beat lightly. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.

2.Dip eggplant slices in egg then place in bread crumbs and pat crumbs lightly onto both sides.

3.In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat until hot. Fry eggplant 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more oil as needed. Remove to platter.

4.When finished frying eggplant, discard oil and place 3/4 cup sauce in skillet. Layer with fried eggplant then spoon 3/4 cup sauce over eggplant and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers 2 more times, finishing with sauce and reserving 1/2 cup cheese.

5.Cover and heat 12 to 15 minutes on medium-low heat. Remove cover and sprinkle with remaining cheese; cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.

Great to hear from you again!!!!!!!! Hey I gain this week too...but I know how sucky it feels when you gain and you were good!!!! I deserved my gain:devil: But it's OK I am back on track and it sounds like you are too! We will lose it this week I can feel it!!!! :wink:
  • PositivePower
    Options
    Went to Zumba class tonight!!! Soooooooo fun the class was packed. She had us jumping and playing air drums till I was ready to drop!!! I was going to count that as my jump roping but I have decided that is a cop out! I'm gonna go find the jump rope for tomorrow or maybe I'll try 5 mins tonight. Gotta hit the showers and get to bed. Work is getting in the way of my fun and fitness:glasses:
  • abeks
    abeks Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love the challenges. Thanks Jenn for all the hardwork in putting the chart together!
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that was just telling me last week how much of a workout jumping rope really was Lol. I love the money challenge :heart:
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    Thanks for the challenges:)
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Will jump during the 30DS (and add a minute after).

*Love* the idea of paying myself to lose. I'll be putting away 5 euro each time... so I'll get a nice 100 euro reward at the end... can't wait! It will probably become clothes :)
  • CarolM742
    CarolM742 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    5 minutes of Jump Rope done. I love the challenges this week. Good luck everyone!
  • jiminyc
    jiminyc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Love the $5 challenge! And am looking forward to jumping rope - used to love it when I was a kid!

Have a great week, everyone!
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm all in!!!! Thank you JeNn!!!!!!!