Ketogenic diet

Options

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    karl317 wrote: »
    If you simply leave it at that, there's something missing: Context.

Explain...
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Eating in a way that resolves over eating is the key to not regaining on any WOE. Counting calories is good at kicking the can down the road where it is LCHF, HCLF, etc. Until the "WHY" of one's overeating is addressed no long term obesity control is likely to happen.

I still do not grasp while some with no credibility seem to have an emotional need to slam others that are named above who have credibility in black and white.

I don't think you're qualified to talk about anyone's "emotional needs."

Nor credibility either.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    JustaJoe00 wrote: »
    I always wonder about people's path. We are all different, but the same. Age, genes, and enviroment effect your physical being. Its an easy equation usually, if you eat more that your body burns you'll gain fat and the body seems to be really good at storing fat. If you can out exercise your intake, great but as we age, it does change.

Age is just one variable out of many that affects metabolism, but none of them affect it to a degree that escapes energy balance. On that end, you can not out train a bad diet. The possibility exists, but it's in no way sustainable without catabolizing tissue to the point of damage.
  • karl317
    karl317 Posts: 87 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    If you simply leave it at that, there's something missing: Context.

Explain...

Well, his book explains why he says that.

You left your statement open-ended. You neither agree nor disagree in your post. You leave it up to the reader to decide whether your ultimate meaning is "Taubes said those prophetic words and we should all heed them" or "What Taubes is saying is so ridiculous, no one should believe him."

Or anywhere in between.

Not saying you did anything wrong - just that you aren't offering any context.
  • karl317
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Taubes engaged in a debate with Alan Aragon and his pseudoscientific drivel was soundly debunked. Afterward, he flat out said that even if science proved him completely wrong, he would never change his mind about his pet theories.

But I expect no less, since Taubes isn't even a scientist.

His biography states he graduated with a degree in physics. That doesn't count?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    What Taubes is saying is so ridiculous, no one should believe him.

^^^This...
  • karl317
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

@karl317 Would the term "moderation" or "calorie counting" fit what you are thinking when you say CICO?

Yeah, I'd say that's pretty accurate. Definitely in the ball park.
  • karl317
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    What Taubes is saying is so ridiculous, no one should believe him.

^^^This...

You're not much for actual debate, are you :smiley:
  • MIssnewme9211
    MIssnewme9211 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes, for me...I eat vegetables as my carbs...I don't feel neglected.
  • qrztmom
    qrztmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes for me. I have suffered PCOS for years and this is the only WOE that has addressed my hormonal imbalances and taken me out of risk for Diabetes.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

@karl317 Would the term "moderation" or "calorie counting" fit what you are thinking when you say CICO?

Yeah, I'd say that's pretty accurate. Definitely in the ball park.

Yeah, I figured that. I was ... enthusiastically corrected on my use of the term CICO when I first started posted because I thought it referred more to calorie counting.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    https://mindbodygreen.com/articles/what-is-the-keto-diet-how-do-you-do-it

This MD goes deep into the science of why a Ketogenic Diet is working so well for more and more people these days.

Stopped at Kim. ugh

Surprised?