Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• blackbear555
    blackbear555 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 40 in a few months. I have about 20-30 lbs to lose and am on a roll.....finally finding the motivation to not give up. The first couple of days was the hardest though. Just came back from vacation and I gained but am back on track for today. Feel free to add me.
  • Booksandoceans
    Booksandoceans Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry. :( I’m up a few pounds too—so it’s back to 1200 calories a day until I lose two. Ugg.
  • akelliher7
    akelliher7 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi All, I’m 45 and looking to shed about 30. Doing walking, leslie sansone videos and Jillian m videos. Looking for friends too, feel free to add me.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Bah - 'fat day' - I feel so fat and bloated today :( I hope it is just TOM coming!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Welcome New Ladies, Great to see so many new faces :) That stew looks AWESOME @melissa6771 !!! I might need to give that a shot this weekend:)
  • pippin44
    pippin44 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow... there are a lot of us! I like knowing that there is support out there.....sometimes I feel alone!
    I am almost 48. 2 kids. Recently divorced.
    Want to lose 20-25lbs...
    I eat 1200 calories a day -- I find if I go much over that I will not lose weight. It's hard to eat only 1200 calories a day. And I exercise! Not extreme -- 30 minute work out videos, 1 hour/10 mile bike rides, 1 hour walks at 3mph.......
  • neepex27
    neepex27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    thanks @melissa6771 for sharing your stew recipe and yummy pics! Wouldn't you know it, but stew is on my menu next week. I make a menu for the whole month, (suppers only), and it sure helps with the grocery shopping.

I'm down 4 lbs and there could be a few reasons behind it. First off, I only get my TOM every so often thanks to a surgery a few years ago, so I dealt with that last week, plus I've stayed on track with my calorie consumption and exercise habits. I'm thinking I shed a lot of water weight last week.

tdp3ou430m27.png
    It's taking all my effort, but the timbit box has been sitting on my office desk for over an hour now, and I have no intention of even peeking inside! My tummy is saying otherwise, but my mind will win the fight today!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    @NicholeAckerman , @neepex27 I just realized there was something I forgot to say about the recipe. It calls for 3 tablespoons oil and 3 tablespoons of butter. You don't need any oil to brown the beef. Make sure to do it in 2 to 3 batches . And just use 1 tablespoon of butter when you put the mushrooms in. That takes about 560 cal and 62g of fat out of it. I promise you this is one of the best beef stew recipes you'll try. It is by no means bland and has a lot more good stuff in it than most beef stew recipes

• 72smile
    72smile Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes @angelacatheart probably a great yoga day. It always helps me. Plus you’re right, when I switch up what I do, it’s always a different soreness. Which in some ways makes me feel great to know I made a different change. Doing the same thing gets boring for me. I’m trying to get back into strength training.

I’m reading a lot lately about how important that is in my 40’s to keep that focus and not overdo my cardio. When I was weight lifting more heavily, it’s crazy how strong and confident you feel. Which for me leads to better food choices.

Hope you all have a beautiful day!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    @72smile, weight training is SO important to us ladies in our 40's. We need it to keep our bone density strong and to retain our muscle mass as we age. Glad to hear you are getting back into it!

Yesterday was such a beautiful day here. When I got home from work I jumped on my bike and biked to the park. I decided it was so pretty I wanted to go to the zoo, but I didn't have my membership card on me and they had already closed the windows. :( So I made sure to pull out my card when I got home so I could go today or tomorrow.
  • krfitmom
    krfitmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I turn 42 at the end of this month and wanted to introduce myself as I've been a lurker on this thread for a bit and now after having my scale not move for a while, it's time to comment and commit! I struggle with setting priorities and finding time with two little ones. I'm also an absolute sugar addict. So I'll eat really well for the day and throw everything off with a cookie or 2
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    that stew looks amazing. pinned the recipe. thanks!

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    krfitmom wrote: »
    Hello Everyone! I turn 42 at the end of this month and wanted to introduce myself as I've been a lurker on this thread for a bit and now after having my scale not move for a while, it's time to comment and commit! I struggle with setting priorities and finding time with two little ones. I'm also an absolute sugar addict. So I'll eat really well for the day and throw everything off with a cookie or 2
    Welcome to this LOVELY group!!!!
    We all struggle with something, but it's about working around it and trying to figure out how and what's works best for you. Like @angelacatheart said, just get back on that wagon and move on, don't let it derail you. I have to agree with her about the fiber one cookies too, maybe just a lower calorie alternative would help. I wish you the best of Luck!!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    krfitmom wrote: »
    Welcome to this LOVELY group!!!!
    We all struggle with something, but it's about working around it and trying to figure out how and what's works best for you. Like @angelacatheart said, just get back on that wagon and move on, don't let it derail you. I have to agree with her about the fiber one cookies too, maybe just a lower calorie alternative would help. I wish you the best of Luck!!

Can you find flapJacked protein pancake mix where you live? They have a chocolate chip cookie recipe on the back that is actually really, really good. I used them once to make ice cream sandwiches using Halo Top.
  • hapamama23
    hapamama23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi All, new here.

I am 42 years old and heavier than I have ever been....even heavier than 9 months pregnant with a 10 lb baby!

I need to lose about 60 lbs, but my first goal is to get back under 200 lbs, then out of the 'obese' category, then to be able to ski and swim with my kids without dying.

I would love an accountability partner or 2. Feel free to add me as a friend. (I am still learning the ropes around here and not sure how to do that yet! :smile: )