No more soda

Options

Replies

• RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I am interested in following the progress of this post so I am replying without adding anything to the conversation.
  • WendyJoy76
    WendyJoy76 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I grew up on soda, 80's kid here.... If I asked for a drink, soda was given.... in my 20's started getting kidney problems , stones, BIG stones in my early 30's had kidney stone surgery (not fun to go through) ....ugh... doc said no more soda...It was hard to give up. McDonald's fountain soda was my fav...oh the bubbles LOL... I do feel better with out it,less stomach aches, its been a few years since I had a soda, I don't think I could even drink a whole one now. Never could drink the diet sodas..I wish you good luck giving it up! :)
  • lolagepew
    lolagepew Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I quite all fizzy drinks ect even reduced my coffee and drink only water notice am not as bloated and have more energy
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I don't see a reason to do that. I drink 0-4 cans a week (250 ml each), so that's a maximum of 20 calories a week and it doesn't feel like a financial vampire - you know, that little stuff that adds up. If I don't drink soda I'm drinking lots of tea, not much difference in total price or calories per cup. I can't see a better financial or caloric deal to switch to.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Im in to sparkling water with a little lime. Tastes great & less filling... :)
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Brookezuni wrote: »
    45 days clean from my Diet Coke problem. I was a hard core diet soda drinker my entire adult life. I find myself too dependent on sparkling water now, but have been working more and more plain water into the mix. An occasional unsweetened iced tea helps if I'm really dragging.

Trying to make a bunch of radical self-improvements at once (which has been hard), so I'm not sure if giving up the diet soda on it's own has been impactful, but I figure it can't hurt! Good luck!

It may be more impactful on your quality of life 40 years down the road. Keep up the effort.

How so?

If you would happen to be a person with tooth enamel that was susceptible to erosion, keeping your natural teeth would be nice.

Your dentist will be able to tell if this is an issue.