25 lbs, who is with me?

Options

Replies

• RunShenRun
    RunShenRun Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Day 2 is going well for me! I ate my 140 calorie breakfast, am already at 60 ounces of water, went for a 10 min walk at work, have only been taking the stairs; good so far! Later today I'll eat my 130 calorie lunch, do a 15-20 minute walk, do a Body Project workout, and eat my veggies!
  • brocktoon666
    brocktoon666 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good job keep it up!
  • choochabella1
    choochabella1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am so in! Would love too lose 25 lbs.
  • mz144
    mz144 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have a question for you all... When you complete your food diary for the day and it tells you "in 5 weeks you'll weigh.." does this seem accurate for you all? Is that weight realistic if you keep it the same day after day? I would love to weigh what it tells me I will in 5 weeks but week after week, seeing what I actually do lose, I can't imagine I'll be that weight in 5 weeks. Just curious, if anyone been using this app for that long and knows. Thanks!
  • brocktoon666
    Options
    mz144 wrote: »
    I have a question for you all... When you complete your food diary for the day and it tells you "in 5 weeks you'll weigh.." does this seem accurate for you all? Is that weight realistic if you keep it the same day after day? I would love to weigh what it tells me I will in 5 weeks but week after week, seeing what I actually do lose, I can't imagine I'll be that weight in 5 weeks. Just curious, if anyone been using this app for that long and knows. Thanks!

I have not seen this but if I did I wouldn’t trust it unless I knew I was either exercising rigorously a lot or strength training with progressive overload.
  • mz144
    mz144 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thanks brocktoon666! I knew it had to be too good to be true. I do workout daily, cardio and strength training but knew there was no way that what they were telling me could be accurate. Though I'm still forever hopeful to be down a good weight amount in 5 weeks, just maybe something more reasonable.
  • brocktoon666
    Options
    As long as you generally adhere to calories in < calories expended, results will happen. I’m not timing but I’m hoping by 2-3 months I’m there. My thing is, I’m gonna eat, and a lot...so upping my exercise will work best for me to meet my goals in case I slip. You have to find what works for you because everyone has different situations.
  • brocktoon666
    Options
    Light lunches and breakfast so I got to have slices of pizza and wings. But now that I am over the limit, time to walk a few miles and get back into the green zone.
  • brittanyzimontas
    brittanyzimontas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    I'm in. I have ~25lbs to lose. CW 139 GW 115lbs. I am a short person so that will be a big difference for me. Today is my first day on MyFitnessPal even though I've been a member for a long time. Feel free to add me and we will support each other along the way!
  • jporteous82
    jporteous82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I want to lose 25 pounds by 3 months from today. Its been creeping up on me and it's time to get back in shape.
  • brocktoon666
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
  • brocktoon666
    Options
    Had two slices of Jets BBQ pizza for lunch. My god, it was delicious and I relished every chew. Keep in mind this is big for me because on any other day it would be 4-5 with wings, cola, and/or beer. Gonna try an afternoon 2 mile walk soon!
  • brocktoon666
    Options
    Now that it’s slightly resembling spring, I filled up my bike tires and went for a four-mile ride. Bold and brisk weather be damned!
  • katies71033
    katies71033 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First time using this app but I lost 60 pounds about 7 years ago just eating healthy and walking an hour every day. Since then I have been up 20 or so, down 10, back up 15...just a yo-yo. I’m currently sitting at 165 and my lowest (When I lost that initial 60lb’s) was 153. So I would love to lose 12-15 more pounds FOR THE LAST TIME while firming up. I need to firm up BIG TIME. Best of luck to everyone.
  • brocktoon666
    Options
    Social outing last night was a bit tough, went over my limits with beer and Mexican food, so today is a good day to be moderate and make up for it. I may even double my walk time.
  • natalyac973
    natalyac973 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yeah I’m trying to be healthy this is the beginning of my fight with bulimia I’ve been with my illness for about 2 years now and my bf and I have been trying to curve it and I wanna take the right steps to not only maintain but lose weight the healthy way so I can eat without the fear of my other issues, everyone’s comments and goals are so happy I’m glad I got the premium I want to do this and everyone here is so inspirational I’m at 148 rn I’d like to be at 130 the healthy way
  • ntosborn
    ntosborn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Seems like it so easy to fool yourself that 25 lbs will come off easy or it's ok. But it isn't! Looking for support.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I started the year at 182lbs with a goal to be down to 160 lbs by June. I've lost 14 lbs so far. My advice is continue to use the app religiously and log accurately. It's ok to have a "slip up" day, dont' beat yourself up. My rule though is I don't allow two of those in a row. It's worked well for me.

• brocktoon666
    Options
    raindawg wrote: »
    I started the year at 182lbs with a goal to be down to 160 lbs by June. I've lost 14 lbs so far. My advice is continue to use the app religiously and log accurately. It's ok to have a "slip up" day, dont' beat yourself up. My rule though is I don't allow two of those in a row. It's worked well for me.

Great advice. So far after a week of counting cals and walking a lot, I have only lost 3-4 lbs but I have more energy and stomach is going down in mass.
  • sshields1975
    sshields1975 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hate waiting for the results of dieting and exercise. I usually go way overboard the first few weeks and then slower regress till I'm not doing anything. I always think that I should be losing way faster than it happens, so I give up because results are not what I wanted. So I am trying to change my thinking. Set my goals a lower and time frame longer and hopefully that keeps my head in the game. So I started new by just logging in everyday to get in the habit, then I started to log food when I occasionally. Getting better at tracking food everyday, just need to track every meal now. I started exercising this weekend. In my head I needed to go to the gym to get this done. We have weights and an elliptical at home, so I'm going to alternate each day so I don't get bored or overwhelmed. I work full time, have two teenage daughters, and a husband, so I plan to do some sort of physical activity everyday for a half hour at first to get into a routine and up my time from there. I think once I feel a little stronger my head will be where it needs to be to commit. Good luck in your journey.