March 4 – 4.00 miles
    March 5 – 5.26 miles
    March 7 – 5.00 miles
    March 9 – 5.00 miles (treadmill)
    March 10 – 10.00 miles
    March 12 – 5.10 slow miles (treadmill)
    March 14 – 1 mile
    March 15 – 3.5 miles
    March 16 – 4.08 miles (Shamrock 4-miler; 3rd in AG)
    March 17 – 9.89 miles
    March 19 – 5.03 miles
    March 20 – 5.3 miles (Birthday Run)
    March 23 – 10.01 miles
    March 26 – 5.08 miles

Lots of good stuff from the weekend! Sorry that I can’t remember everything!
    @MobyCarp – Read you recap of your 15K You are amazing! The really impressive part is that you carried a conversation while keeping up a 7:33 average pace! Awesome!
    @zdyb23456 – Congrats on your AG award and wow on your time too!
    @MNLittleFinn – Congrats on the 50K – those conditions sound tough!
    @juliet3455 - Thank you for that helpful blog information!
    @skippygirlsmom – Glad you are mending!

Question – What is post holing? I’ve seen this description before on here but no clue what it means!

Upcoming Races:
    April 7 – Cooper River Bridge Run
    May 6 – Pittsburgh Half Marathon
    September 7-8 – Blue Ridge Relay
    October 20 – Cherokee Harvest Half Marathon

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 you are so right. My friend is training for the same half I was supposed to ran and it's killing me to listen to her. Right now Skip is in Costa Rica for spring break. I'm so jealous.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Short race report is on my blog. Just quick thoughts on a relatively quick race.

Will you give us the link again?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I have a million marathon plans. I keep changing my mind. Good thing I have a few months
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for March

3/1 8 miles - 8
    3/2 3.1 miles - 11.1
    3/3 12 miles - 23.1
    3/4 REST DAY
    3/5 4 miles - 27.1
    3/6 8 miles - 35.1
    3/7 REST DAY
    3/8 8 miles - 43.1
    3/9 REST DAY
    3/10 10.25 - 53.35
    3/11 REST DAY
    3/12 5.1 - 58.45
    3/13 8 - 66.45
    3/14 REST DAY
    3/15 8 miles - 74.45
    3/16 4 miles - 78.45
    3/17 REST DAY
    3/18 13.1 miles - 91.55
    3/19 REST DAY
    3/20 8.25 miles - 99.8
    3/21 4 miles - 103.8
    3/22 8 miles - 111.8
    3/23 REST DAY
    3/24 14 miles - 125.8
    3/25 REST DAY
    3/26 4 miles - 129.8

Upcoming races:
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon - 4/7/18

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @fitoverfortymom @lporter229 This might be the one you are looking for.
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    A friend just updated his Blog with a recent race report, always like reading them as I learn something about fueling, race & pace strategy etc.
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options
    @fitoverfortymom @lporter229 This might be the one you are looking for.
    A friend just updated his Blog with a recent race report, always like reading them as I learn something about fueling, race & pace strategy etc.

Oh yes. That be the one.

I adore race reports.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    The demons are back... as per our local HSE officer here at work:

9mw686u36wri.jpeg
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options
    @hjeppley Thanks for sharing! I hope your tootsies are OK and you can enjoy some time here in Colorado. Are you in the mountains, I assume? I've never heard of dog sledding here, but I imagine it exists!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @hjeppley wow! Way to push through and finish a tough race!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    @hjeppley - Epic! I would not have even gotten out of my car in those conditions! You are amazing!
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    zerlinna87 wrote: »
    I'm looking for some suggestions for a couple of questions I have. I'm a fairly new runner, although I have run in the past. My longest distance is a 10k. I don't think I'll ever be a half marathon/marathon runner. Anyways, I've been doing the c25k training program. I'll be done with that in early April, but I don't plan to run a race until early May. I need advice on what kind of running I should be doing after I complete my program. Also, what keeps you motivated when you're not training for a race? That's been my pitfall in the past. Plus, I live in South Carolina, and it gets really hot here in the summer. That's when I tend to stop running.

Whatever you decide to do, the best advise I can give is do lots of EASY Running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veAQ73OJdwY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaRYYhweiLQ
  • hjeppley
    hjeppley Posts: 230 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @hjeppley Thanks for sharing! I hope your tootsies are OK and you can enjoy some time here in Colorado. Are you in the mountains, I assume? I've never heard of dog sledding here, but I imagine it exists!

We are in Breckenridge. The place we went dog sledding was between Breckenridge and Frisco. We've gone a couple of times now and my 9 year old son is now quite the pro. He was able to bring the dogs down a big hill and around a couple of scary turns. On one of them we were headed right for a tree but he saved it at the last minute (I was the passenger). I didn't drive the sled this time because of my feet but it is always a blast. My hope is to spend a couple of days snowshoeing but I'd kind of like to see feeling back in my toes first. I might go see a sports doc tomorrow if it doesn't improve. I got a massage today, but no immediate improvement.

• Stoshew71
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    A nine mile run for me this morning. It's my first run over 10k since my half marathon back in November. Plenty of other runners out and about in the snow and lots of encouraging waves and a 'good job' from the runners running down Heartbreak Hill while I was running up it.

I was nearly home when I realised my run would be less than nine miles, so I added a couple of turns, ran against the tangents, and ran to the top of the street and back again to hit 9:01 miles. My husband was looking out of the window watching my antics and laughing his head off at me.

I had to run past my house to the top of the street to get at least six miles. It never used to bother me until joining this thread!!!

I was so relieved to learn I wasn't the only person who did this.

I think we all have done it many times. It is annoying to load your run log for the day and see 6.99 miles or something. :)

I also have to fill my tank to an even dollar amount. For some reason, it annoys me to see someone allow the gas pump to stop on like $23.87 and just put the hose away.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    girlinahat wrote: »
    A nine mile run for me this morning. It's my first run over 10k since my half marathon back in November. Plenty of other runners out and about in the snow and lots of encouraging waves and a 'good job' from the runners running down Heartbreak Hill while I was running up it.

I was nearly home when I realised my run would be less than nine miles, so I added a couple of turns, ran against the tangents, and ran to the top of the street and back again to hit 9:01 miles. My husband was looking out of the window watching my antics and laughing his head off at me.

I had to run past my house to the top of the street to get at least six miles. It never used to bother me until joining this thread!!!

I was so relieved to learn I wasn't the only person who did this.

I think we all have done it many times. It is annoying to load your run log for the day and see 6.99 miles or something. :)

I also have to fill my tank to an even dollar amount. For some reason, it annoys me to see someone allow the gas pump to stop on like $23.87 and just put the hose away.

When I lived in NJ, USA (where it is illegal to pump your own gas) as a gas station attendant, we worked hard to get to an even dollar. Dealing with $23.87 in the winter with numb fingers was a mess. Summer was a little better, but still, round figures made things easier. It has been decades since I left there and often I still work to the round numbers.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

@cameronheel congrats! Well done! Sounds like you are ready for a 50k race next! :smiley: