Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    I was really bad in February and start of March. I was struggling with back pain and stress. March 18th I decided to give up booze for a while. So far I have not had a drink. Since then my back pain has been less and I am dealing with stress better. I am sleeping better and have dropped 5lbs. I would like to keep this up until May 19th and then hopefully drink moderately.

This is my story for a few years at least. You can do it! 1 minute, 6 minutes, one day etc. at a time.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @springsweet: wrote: I definitely eat more when I'm AF.

When I would wake up from having one or two to many and eventually make it out to the kitchen. I would accuse my husband of such things as finishing off the ice cream or leaving the spoon on the counter with peanut butter smeared all over the place. Cool whip containers with the lids partially off......etc.
    Thing was I did NOT recall raiding the cupboards or refrigerator after having to much booze. So I think I was indulging, food snack bindging and not remembering. Until of course to prove it he showed me a pic he took of me pigging out. Not a pretty site. :(

Awww! :(
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    islandbeez wrote: »
    Annie Grace shared this on her AE Facebook page. I thought it was a good read for sure. https://www.babble.com/parenting/mommy-drinking-culture-wine-motherhood/

Sadly I can relate to this. I did not start as early but a glass when I got home started becoming more and more.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 Thank you for posting that very inspirational video! It brought tears to my eyes. <3
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,187 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    I’m facing the struggle I knew I would after Italy. Back to pretty much daily wine although not especially large amounts. I’m finding The Sober School website and blog very useful. She (Kate) has a 6-week class she runs and I’m thinking of doing that beginning April 9. One of her main assertions is that being AF is much easier than moderating. I know that’s true for me. Right now I just don’t feel I have the energy to go there I had in January.

I’m glad this is a place to talk alll this out with my friends.

That must be so normal; your subconscious is very powerful.
    I think maybe keeping a little journal would be helpful. Write down your thoughts now vs. January. Make a list of pros and cons. Just tuck it away, and read it when you are reflecting about January.

It is a lot of energy to go back to January's efforts. Just like controlling our calories to lose weight, it is a project to moderate/reduce. Remember how much we were reading and talking about our goals. I think I likened it to a college class; it was a lot of effort for sure.
    I'm happy you're back from Italy and you had a fabulous time.
    I like The Sober School website, too. I'll check out the 6 week class. If you join it, we will learn along with you.
    Xoxo
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,187 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/ending-addiction-good/201404/can-alcoholics-ever-drink-moderately

This is for those of us who truly have issues, not for the moderate occasional drinker. I know I have issues with alcohol.
    I love this website in general for many other pieces of advice.

Here's an excerpt: Can you just moderate?
    The answer comes down to what kind of drinker you are – why do you drink, how much do you drink, and how long have you been in this pattern? That’s because the longer you have been in an aggressive drinking pattern, the more your consumption changes the physical characteristics of your brain.
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    Oh my god. Why didn't you guys tell me this 27 days ago?! I've been drunk through most of it.