Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 (eek) and have 15ib to lose. Was very happy with my weight for several years then I started a new job and put 15ib on working late and eating rubbish. Starting a new job in a couple of weeks and determined to lose weight not gain it this time!

40 in 2 months and want to lose about the same - more like 18 lb though :) Also changing jobs in June - back to where I put on weight - determined not to let it happen again this time! Want to lose the 18lb by June 22 :)
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yeeeaaaahhh! LOL. Love that meme. Have a great day!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    GB333 wrote: »
    I'm about to turn 39 - can I join the party? I got down to my ideal weight with MFP 7 years ago, and slowly gained it all back. Now I'm trying again and at 39, it's a lot more difficult! :neutral:

Welcome to the party!!! Happy Good Friday :)
  • Klmom123
    Klmom123 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I’m 46 years old, working mom. Busy like the rest of us, but trying to balance it all and make good choices. I have been using mfp for a couple years in and off. I Need to lose the 10 pounds gained this winter. Anyone can add me :-)
  • Chicken1332
    Chicken1332 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am turning 40 in the 13th in April. In the last year, I had 30lbs jump on my butt. Things just aren't as easy as they used to be that's for darn sure. HELP! I would love to make new friends.
  • Margee1965
    Margee1965 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Am 53 been doing gym few month need too loss few stone tone up but need motivation feel free too add me x
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Welcome all new ladies!!!! I just cleaned up my friend list so if you need friends for motivation and support, feel free to add me. Just leave me a note about how you came across me.
    Just surpassed goal weight this week...WHOOP WHOOP, of course Easter is this weekend............LOL
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    beachme14 wrote: »
    Same here! Passed my goal Wednesday. But not only is it Easter on Sunday, it’s also my birthday. Double whammy. I plan on enjoying the day with family anyway. 46 will be awesome (right?)!
    Well Happy Early Birthday!!! Enjoy your special day with family!!!!
  • Spyc1
    Spyc1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get my butt back out from under my finger rock and move. I need to lose the dreaded 40-50 pounds from medicine that they just now pulled me off of. Nice, right? Thanks, docs. As if I didn't have enough to deal with after back surgery last June. So, I get that I have to go slow and steady but I'm an impatient sort. So I could use all the support I can get!!! That's where you ladies come in!!! :)

So happy to find this group!!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    beachme14 wrote: »
    Same here! Passed my goal Wednesday. But not only is it Easter on Sunday, it’s also my birthday. Double whammy. I plan on enjoying the day with family anyway. 46 will be awesome (right?)!

Happy early birthday!!
  • sassywolf2013
    sassywolf2013 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Im just starting to take better care of myself and im 40. Everyone can add me as a friend. I can use all the support and motivation.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!! Hope everyone has a fabulous Monday :)
  • daisyf717
    daisyf717 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Any chicken or vegetarian meal ideas you want to share? I have been grilling the heck out of it and need some new ideas. Thanks!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Daisy, look up emeril lagasse. vegetarian chili, it's so good! What kind of chicken things are you looking for ? Anything not grilled? New marinade? Does it have to be chicken breasts? I made this, stewed chicken thighs with potatoes and carrots, it's one of my favs and go tos.

5d2aexux82nx.jpg