JFT:

Eat within macros
    2 litres of water
    Vitamin d
    Lift
    C25K
    Squats
    10k steps

Did everything but eat within macros and C25K. Went to bbq and couldn’t resist the yummy food. And then I got too tired to do C25K.

JFT:
    Eat within macros
    2 litres of water vitamin d
    C25K - done
    10k steps
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Really bad day today. My niece is very sick and I’m so worried for my sister. All the plans for the day went out of the window as things took a turn for the worse. And although I wish my response were not to turn to food, I also feel a bit like there are more important things in the world. I need to stay healthy and happy for my children, but worrying about a few vanity pounds is ridiculous.

FT Friday
    - exercise before kids get up :smile:
    - 3ltr+ water :smile:
    - Pre-log all meals and stay within calorie goal (extra earned to be snacks or banked) :neutral: nope
    - Go and see my niece who is in hospital :neutral: I went and saw my sister but only parents were allowed on the ward itself due to flu risk. My poor sister is so stressed and exhausted. Wish I could do more to help.
    - Remember to pack easter craft stuff and ice cream maker for my nephew :smile: we managed to help entertain him and he is being very brave without his mummy
    - Get to the pet store for kitten stuff :neutral: unfortunately the owner made a mistake and the kitten won’t be ready to be weaned for another week or two. So a bit disappointed about this too.
    - Aim for 10k steps - maybe take kids for walk then out for breakfast/brunch in the morning? :neutral: close, but not quite 10k
    - Early night :neutral: nope

JFT Saturday
    - exercise before kids get up
    - Wash kids hair
    - Shops for a few bits and pieces
    - Head to my parents place to help with my nephew some more
    - Keep perspective and focus on health
    - Remember to be grateful

Night all x
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Really bad day today. My niece is very sick and I’m so worried for my sister. All the plans for the day went out of the window as things took a turn for the worse. And although I wish my response were not to turn to food, I also feel a bit like there are more important things in the world. I need to stay healthy and happy for my children, but worrying about a few vanity pounds is ridiculous.

FT Friday
    - exercise before kids get up :smile:
    - 3ltr+ water :smile:
    - Pre-log all meals and stay within calorie goal (extra earned to be snacks or banked) :neutral: nope
    - Go and see my niece who is in hospital :neutral: I went and saw my sister but only parents were allowed on the ward itself due to flu risk. My poor sister is so stressed and exhausted. Wish I could do more to help.
    - Remember to pack easter craft stuff and ice cream maker for my nephew :smile: we managed to help entertain him and he is being very brave without his mummy
    - Get to the pet store for kitten stuff :neutral: unfortunately the owner made a mistake and the kitten won’t be ready to be weaned for another week or two. So a bit disappointed about this too.
    - Aim for 10k steps - maybe take kids for walk then out for breakfast/brunch in the morning? :neutral: close, but not quite 10k
    - Early night :neutral: nope

JFT Saturday
    - exercise before kids get up
    - Wash kids hair
    - Shops for a few bits and pieces
    - Head to my parents place to help with my nephew some more
    - Keep perspective and focus on health
    - Remember to be grateful

Night all x
    Hope your niece gets better soon
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    @slittlemeister Hope your day went okay. Sure thought about you a lot today. (((HUG)))
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    How do I join this group? I need something to hold me accountable.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    karenleona wrote: »
    How do I join this group? I need something to hold me accountable.

There's no joining...everyone's welcome. So, welcome! This is a great support group. @Joan6633 is our founder and number one supporter. It's a great way to be accountable to others---but only if you show up each/most days---that's the hard part for a lot of people. Most of us share our goals JFT (just for today) and then come back on the next day and share how we did. You can modify it however it works best for you (listing them the night before, etc.)

Peace and joy!
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Hi! My JFT goals: 8 glasses water, and exercise. Track calories, stay green. Play with kids a lot. Enjoy time at my parents house.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Friday March 30
    2L of water - :) Yes success, even at home
    Stay in the green - :( I finished completed my diary and was still feeling hungry so i ended up 17 over
    Write in Journal - :)
    Move for 30 minutes today - :) I puttered a lot so I'm counting it.
    Figure out a menu for Easter Sunday - :)

JFT - Saturday March 31
    2L of Water
    Stay in the green
    Write in journal

I have a busy day scheduled going with my youngest daughter to an antique show looking for items for her wedding. Should get lots of walking in!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 If I recall correctly, you've been getting closer and closer to your break even green threshold. Awesome work!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 If I recall correctly, you've been getting closer and closer to your break even green threshold. Awesome work!

I have, the last two days I actually made it. I'll keep trying! I can't wait for better weather so I can get out walking and burning more calories. That will be a big help too. Alas, I see we are supposed to get snow next week for three days again :( Thanks for the encouragement, this group is a big help!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    So for tomorrow I want to:
    Avoid cheese sandwich at work and eat my prepared meals and snacks
    Get closer to my calorie goal
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Friday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. Quilt binding should be complete by the end of the weekend. :) 3/4 done
    4. Walk maybe :) yup and it was a great walk today
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Saturday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Garden
    4. Pick up Miss C for lunch, clothes shopping, and sleepover
    5. Quilt binding
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30
  • SolOchVinter
    SolOchVinter Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday
    - Stay within my allowed calorie intake (1200-1400) - :( About 1700 calories. But I am still happy that I didn't think "oh no, I went over my calorie goal, I might as well eat everything in the fridge" which has been a mentality I had easy to have latley.
    - Study - :)
    - Drink water whenever I have a craving for unhealthy food or snacks. - :)
    - Eat fruit instead of candy and chocolate. - :)
    - Take a rest day from exercise (my body hurts!) - :)

JFT - Saturday
    - Make healthy choices even though I won't count calories today.
    - Walk alot.
    - Drink water when I have a craving for unhealthy snacks and chocolate.
    - Eat fruit instead of candy and chocolate.

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Friday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake :)
    4. Laundry :)
    5. Go to the gym :)

JFT (Saturday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake
    4. Make dessert for Easter Dinner
    5. Color eggs (will see if I can get my 14 and 19 year old sons to help...LOL it might just be me this year)
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    This was supposed to be posted yesterday morning! Lol

@Bex953172 Post away! You know that we are all here for you! I wish I could spend more time on MFP like I used to. It's just hard now that I'm working! Lol.

Had a really good night! The cat only woke up once and that was about 20 minutes before I had to wake up :neutral: I actually ended up falling asleep with my elbow propped up on the arm of the couch and my head resting on my fist. I was waiting for my security system to update. Lol. About twenty minutes later the DH realized I Was sleeping and sent me to bed. I think it was about 30 seconds after I turned the light off and laid down that I fell asleep. Lol. It was after midnight though so I was. having a hard time keeping my eyes open now. It's 7:06 here right now.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    JFT - Friday
    - Stay within my allowed calorie intake (1200-1400) - :( About 1700 calories. But I am still happy that I didn't think "oh no, I went over my calorie goal, I might as well eat everything in the fridge" which has been a mentality I had easy to have latley.
    - Study - :)
    - Drink water whenever I have a craving for unhealthy food or snacks. - :)
    - Eat fruit instead of candy and chocolate. - :)
    - Take a rest day from exercise (my body hurts!) - :)

JFT - Saturday
    - Make healthy choices even though I won't count calories today.
    - Walk alot.
    - Drink water when I have a craving for unhealthy snacks and chocolate.
    - Eat fruit instead of candy and chocolate.

This is a huge victory! I remember the total despair and hopelessness and deciding just to eat everything and anything. (and I dread the day those feeling recur) Good for you and I hope you do do do it again today! It looks like you have some really solid goals and also specific ways to avoid over indulging. It helps when I keep my eyes on the process I've written out.

Peace and joy---thanks for sharing, your words were encouraging to me.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Yesterday was a bit of a rubbish day - met Mum's boyfriend which was pretty hard. Spent most of the morning crying and being sad. I think I realised that the main factor behind the sadness is actually just grief about my Dad again. People always told me that grief never goes away, it just goes quiet....but then rears its ugly head occasionally, for various reasons. I guess the whole new boyfriend thing has caused it to pop out again!

I'm feeling better today though. He actually seemed very nice and was clearly very keen to get on with me. They also clearly get on very well, which makes me feel better about the whole thing. I obviously want my mum to be happy... I'm just finding it hard to adapt to the new reality i.e. I'm still not ok with the fact that my dad has died... And probably never will be. But hopefully, I will start to accept that he has at some point.

Also feel better because I had lots of sleep last night!!!! It's amazing how being less tired makes you feel better about everything...

@OConnell5483 thank you for your support and encouragement, that means a lot! Hope you are doing ok.

Yesterday's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat :neutral: I managed till lunch but then gave up at dinner, just didn't really know what was in the food mum cooked. Think I might take a break from this for a few days and apply 'sensible rules' instead
    - Make and stick to food plan (once I know where we're going for lunch) :neutral: I didn't make an official plan actually but I made fairly sensible choices, apart from having too many potatoes with dinner and having too much butter with them... (This is a danger area at mum's - I love potatoes and I don't tend to have them with dinner except when I'm here)
    - Do exercise DVD :/ I didn't realise that I had forgotten to bring it!
    - Make an effort with Mum's boyfriend :smile: I was actually pretty good (although I got a bit tired later on - we had lunch over 5 hours!!!! Which was way too much for a first awkward meeting). Apparently he said I was "lovely". (So he has good judgement, hehe.... Either that or he's a massive suck-up!)
    - Take care of myself emotionally today :smile:

Today's commitments/plan:
    - Take sensible portions at meals
    - Only a small amount of butter with potatoes!!!
    - Light desserts only - no ice cream
    - No snacks today (chocolate can wait)
    - Try to buy exercise DVD (and if manage, do it!)
    - Ring BUPA

It is amazing how sleep helps us to think clearly and have a different outlook/approach to what is before us. You have had some insightful responses from folks around here. My parents were in their 80's when they passed...and even though we know that death is a part of living, most people usually aren't ready for our loved ones to die. On her mum's birthday (or day of her passing, can't recall which) a friend of mine does something that she knew her mum would have enjoyed doing, such as baking a particular food, or watching a favorite movie, or eating at a favorite restaurant. This helped acknowledge her mum but without sinking into the pit of sadness and grief. You could also give to your dad's favorite charity, if he had one. My mom told me my dad would remarry because he needed someone to look after and care for. And he needed companionship. Her words came to pass pretty much, except he refused to marry the woman as he had some health issues that he didn't want to burden her with. But I am convinced she kept my dad alive for a few more years. And while my dad dearly loved Mom, this lady wasn't a thing like her!

I hope your heart will continue to be filled with peace over this change in your life and that you will find joy in your mom's happiness. Hugs to you.