Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Women in their 40s!

Replies

• Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    I just turned 40 (eek) and have 15ib to lose. Was very happy with my weight for several years then I started a new job and put 15ib on working late and eating rubbish. Starting a new job in a couple of weeks and determined to lose weight not gain it this time!

40 in 2 months and want to lose about the same - more like 18 lb though :) Also changing jobs in June - back to where I put on weight - determined not to let it happen again this time! Want to lose the 18lb by June 22 :)
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Yeeeaaaahhh! LOL. Love that meme. Have a great day!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    GB333 wrote: »
    I'm about to turn 39 - can I join the party? I got down to my ideal weight with MFP 7 years ago, and slowly gained it all back. Now I'm trying again and at 39, it's a lot more difficult! :neutral:

Welcome to the party!!! Happy Good Friday :)
  • Klmom123
    Klmom123 Posts: 91 Member
    I’m 46 years old, working mom. Busy like the rest of us, but trying to balance it all and make good choices. I have been using mfp for a couple years in and off. I Need to lose the 10 pounds gained this winter. Anyone can add me :-)
  • Chicken1332
    Chicken1332 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone! I am turning 40 in the 13th in April. In the last year, I had 30lbs jump on my butt. Things just aren't as easy as they used to be that's for darn sure. HELP! I would love to make new friends.
  • Margee1965
    Margee1965 Posts: 24 Member
    Am 53 been doing gym few month need too loss few stone tone up but need motivation feel free too add me x
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Welcome all new ladies!!!! I just cleaned up my friend list so if you need friends for motivation and support, feel free to add me. Just leave me a note about how you came across me.
    Just surpassed goal weight this week...WHOOP WHOOP, of course Easter is this weekend............LOL
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    beachme14 wrote: »
    Same here! Passed my goal Wednesday. But not only is it Easter on Sunday, it’s also my birthday. Double whammy. I plan on enjoying the day with family anyway. 46 will be awesome (right?)!
    Well Happy Early Birthday!!! Enjoy your special day with family!!!!
  • Spyc1
    Spyc1 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm trying to get my butt back out from under my finger rock and move. I need to lose the dreaded 40-50 pounds from medicine that they just now pulled me off of. Nice, right? Thanks, docs. As if I didn't have enough to deal with after back surgery last June. So, I get that I have to go slow and steady but I'm an impatient sort. So I could use all the support I can get!!! That's where you ladies come in!!! :)

So happy to find this group!!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    beachme14 wrote: »
    Same here! Passed my goal Wednesday. But not only is it Easter on Sunday, it’s also my birthday. Double whammy. I plan on enjoying the day with family anyway. 46 will be awesome (right?)!

Happy early birthday!!
  • sassywolf2013
    sassywolf2013 Posts: 33 Member
    Im just starting to take better care of myself and im 40. Everyone can add me as a friend. I can use all the support and motivation.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Good Morning Ladies!!!! Hope everyone has a fabulous Monday :)
  • daisyf717
    daisyf717 Posts: 57 Member
    Any chicken or vegetarian meal ideas you want to share? I have been grilling the heck out of it and need some new ideas. Thanks!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Daisy, look up emeril lagasse. vegetarian chili, it's so good! What kind of chicken things are you looking for ? Anything not grilled? New marinade? Does it have to be chicken breasts? I made this, stewed chicken thighs with potatoes and carrots, it's one of my favs and go tos.

5d2aexux82nx.jpg