Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• Juliane1986
    Juliane1986 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    missmiller1 What are you finding to be the hardest part of the week 1 workout?

I struggle with the side lunges where you lift the weights in front of you. I think it's a balance issue with me and maybe I'm using too high of a weight. The lowest I have is 5lbs but for this exercise I just seem to struggle! (probably also has to do with the fact that my living room is TINY and I'm afraid of banging into the wall or sofa LOL)
  • misscollegiate
    Options
    I started Week 2 today. I almost cried. She makes you do moves that I've never seen before. It'll feel like you are trying out for the Army or something. She really pushes it up a notch that when she says she wants you to get ripped, I believe it with those moves. The two assistants in the back that shows begginer & advanced moves are so ripped that it looks like they have a 12 pack to me lol. It's no wonder that now she's say, don't tell me when you complete the 30DS, tell me when you complete Ripped in 30! I weighed myself today, so far I have lost 6.2 since doing this DVD along w/ her 14 Day Cleanse & Burn. And oh Juliane, there are really no restrictions for the cleanse & burn. Just when you start taking the Maximum Fat Burner pills, she suggest not to try and intake extra caffeine. Hope all is well with you guys :)
  • misscollegiate
    Options

I struggle with the side lunges where you lift the weights in front of you. I think it's a balance issue with me and maybe I'm using too high of a weight. The lowest I have is 5lbs but for this exercise I just seem to struggle! (probably also has to do with the fact that my living room is TINY and I'm afraid of banging into the wall or sofa LOL)

I had the same problem, along with that laying on your back "praise to God" pose she says.
  • Juliane1986
    Options

I had the same problem, along with that laying on your back "praise to God" pose she says.

Oh lord did I struggle with that one yesterday too!!! I think I was just sore from the workout class I had done earlier but I just could not keep myself up! Glad to say I'm progressing a little bit with pushups though! My goals is to be able to do them not using my knees!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    I started Week 2 today. I almost cried. She makes you do moves that I've never seen before. It'll feel like you are trying out for the Army or something. She really pushes it up a notch that when she says she wants you to get ripped, I believe it with those moves. The two assistants in the back that shows begginer & advanced moves are so ripped that it looks like they have a 12 pack to me lol. It's no wonder that now she's say, don't tell me when you complete the 30DS, tell me when you complete Ripped in 30! I weighed myself today, so far I have lost 6.2 since doing this DVD along w/ her 14 Day Cleanse & Burn. And oh Juliane, there are really no restrictions for the cleanse & burn. Just when you start taking the Maximum Fat Burner pills, she suggest not to try and intake extra caffeine. Hope all is well with you guys :)

Hmmmm interesting!! Congrats on the weight loss btw!!!!

I was taking Oxyelite for about a month and a half but I stopped taking it (i just kept forgetting each day!) It has caffeine in it and is more of an energy booster and appetite suppressant than a fat burner. It's not something I want to be dependent on, but once I've finished up what I have of it I might give that cleanse and burn a shot. Maybe do another round of Ripped in 30 after this one if I feel like I need to and do it along with that!
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    I did the 30 Day Shred. It was an awesome workout. Plan on doing the Ripped in 30 soon. Best of luck on your training!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Thanks Chorgi! Same to you!
  • apricot_annie
    apricot_annie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm also on week 2. The cardio moves that are done in plank make me want to cry. Otherwise, I'm loving it though. I like the 2 x (3 x 30 second) format for the strength moves better than the Shred format.
  • missymuffet
    missymuffet Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 DShred also.........it's kicking my butt and hopefully will get some fat off soon.........this is my 2nd week. Do you do more than one workout at a time??
  • Steph62002
    Options
    I'm on week 2 day 4. The first cardio interval about kills me. Two minutes in the plank position doing in/outs and mountain climbers. Ouch!!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am a fellow Ripper that is veryyyyyyyyy excited to have found this post. I have restarted this video 3 times, yes 3 times, but i am determined to do 4 weeks this time and complete the video. So due to my restarts, lol, i feel as if i am a pro at week 1 and decided to start on Week 2. My program plan is 5 days a week Tuesday through Saturday. I started yesterday, August 9th and will end on Saturday, September 3rd. Today was day 2 of week 2 exercises (but week 1 of my program :bigsmile: ) and mannnnnnnnn...as Steph62002 stated, the planks are killer!! I also am struggling with the plank rows, but i feel the burn which excites me! I lost 10 pounds on 30DS with a little extra cardio thrown in. I am hoping to lose at least 5 pounds on Ripped in 30. I plan to also run 3 days a week as a train for a 5k that i am signing up for. I will log in here everyday as i am a huge believer in a support system. I love Jillian workouts as well, but i am already getting annoyed hearing her voice and its only day 2!!! This happened around day 14 on the Shred, but once i was done with the program i missed her, lol! Go figure! All in all I think Jillian rocks and her body shows me that she has to have some clue on what she is doing!

Question: how many calories are you guys eating while getting Ripped? I am not following the nutrition guide as it doesnt fit my lifestyle or tastebuds, lol. I am eating around 1400 and im wondering if this is enough?

I am currently 155 and my goal is to hit the 150 mark by the end of the dvd.
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Hey latoyabooker!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to our thread!! I truly believe in the support system as well. It's one of the reasons I love this site so much and am completely addicted. It's amazing I get any work done during the day LOL.

Oh boy, you guys are certainly prepping me for Week 2...although I have at least 3 more days of week 1 to go before I'm there, but man it seems daunting lol.

As for calories, I've played around over the last couple months with my calories, going on different people's opinions and to be honest I feel like that's what is giving me the best idea of what works for my body. I'm highly impatient, I want results now but I'm having to learn to give myself time to see how my body reacts to changes so I can reevaluate and see what needs to be done. I started at 1200 calories (not eating back my exercise calories) and kept at that for a while. I gradually increased to 1500 calories and felt fine there...continued to lose weight. Then someone told me I should be eating around 1800-1900 calories to lose weight and build muscle. Tried that for about 3 weeks and didn't lose a pound. Also measured my body fat percentage and only went down .5% so I think I was eating a little too much at that point. I have since lowered it back down to 1500 calories. I don't really eat back my exercise calories so I'm probably netting anywhere from 1000-1200 but I also don't worry too much about going over on my calories a little bit and I don't restrict myself on my non workout days. I still try to eat 1500 even though I'm not working out.

Seems to be working! The scale is moving again, slowly, but where I'm at that's the way I need to go....this is a marathon not a sprint! Play around with your calorie intake. Make sure you feel fulfilled but try to eat healthy. Don't beat yourself up about the off treat, just make sure you enjoy your treats and they aren't all the time. I just came back this weekend from visiting my family in PA and it was a weekend of beer, wine, tailgating, thai food, panera bread bagels and chinese. Not much healthy in there...I came back thinking I'd probably put on a pound or two at least (probably from sodium) as I usually do when I eat bad...and I'd lost a pound. This has never happend before lol and i don't expect it to continue...but maybe my body thanked me for taking a break. Who knows...what it taught me though...I enjoyed my weekend with my family, and didn't have to feel guilty about it, because I came home and jumped right back on the workout and healthy eating bandwagon!

Wow this was long winded! I probably should have just left it at play around and see what works for you...but hey, this was my experience and maybe it will help someone by sharing :-)

Either way 1500 is working for me for now. I'll reevaluate in about 3-4 weeks. Oh and I am 5'10, 140-141 lbs. My goal is around 135 but I'm not as worried about the scale as lowering my body fat percentage and slimming down to a size 6 pants (I'm an 8-10 right now).
  • mheightchew
    Options
    Hey guys! Just found this post. I had great reslts with 30DS, losing 7 lbs and 11 inches total. I am on week 2 now. Hate the planks myself, but I love the renegade rows!
  • devineyallen
    Options
    I just bought a copy of the ripped in 30. I tried jillian michael's at my friend's on her wii and with in the first 5 minutes I was sweating. I loved it so decided to buy a copy of the dvd and try it. What should i log this in for my exercise?
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Day 4 Week 1 completed and lord am I sore. Again did this after aeroboxing (my instructor apparently thinks I'm crazy lol). 2 more days of week 1!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    I just bought a copy of the ripped in 30. I tried jillian michael's at my friend's on her wii and with in the first 5 minutes I was sweating. I loved it so decided to buy a copy of the dvd and try it. What should i log this in for my exercise?

Hmmmm.....I've seen people logging a burn of anywhere from 200-400 calories with this workout. Tonight I was around 280 calories but I used my HRM to determine that. I don't think it really matters what you log it under as much as the calories you are burning if your using that to judge how much you eat etc. A HRM would help you be a little more accurate though. Other than that, I guess you could estimate using another workout but not sure how accurate that would be!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Hey guys! Just found this post. I had great reslts with 30DS, losing 7 lbs and 11 inches total. I am on week 2 now. Hate the planks myself, but I love the renegade rows!

11 inches! WOW! That's amazing! Oh lord, I hate planks! My upper body strength is seriously lacking! Guess that's half the point of these workouts though lol. To help with that problem!
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    The lunges are pretty hard for me too since I have a groin pull injury that will not go away after almost a year! Onward and upward as they say.
  • aholtz1
    aholtz1 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hey Everyone, would love to join in on the fun...This is my first Jillian Michaels DVD and I have heard some amazing things about it...I will be starting tomorrow and will workout on Tues to Saturday along with doing 3 day of cardio workouts!

Starting Weight is 204.6
    Chest: 42in
    Waist: 34.5 (smallest spot)
    Belly Button: 42
    Hips: 47in
    Legs 26
    Arms 12
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Thanks Juliane! i think im going to stick with aiming for 1400 on weekdays and monitoring weekends but without such a strict 1400 calorie mentality. I am 5'7 with goal of 135 and I seem to be losing .02 pounds a day (mon-frid) which after my weekends usually equates to a 1 pound loss. This has just been recently though. When i started on MFP i was 170 and i lost 10 pounds in one month off of 30DS and eating around 1300 calories. When i hit 160 it slowed dramatically and stalled at times, but i can also say that i had mojo and consistency problems. Now im here with 100% mojo and aiming for consistency to lose another 20 pounds of fat! I woke up at 4:45 am, yes AM, lol, and did Week 2 day 3 this morning (Week 1 of my program because i skipped week 1 workout). I feel great! Very sore in the arms. Still hating the planks, but i am doing them without stopping which is awesome and i still hate the plank rows!! I have 2 more days of week 2 and then on to week 3!! Since i skipped week 1 i am doing week 4 for 2 weeks. Have a ripped day!