New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellymccrea1
    kellymccrea1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Noticed on Facebook Lenny & Larry has a new chocolate mint protein cookie, and it looks like Enlightened is releasing a new peanut butter inspired ice cream pint flavor soon!

I thought L and L released those like last month? They also released the "new" chocolate pb which isn't really "new". They already had PB chocolate swirl, but are now acting like PB chocolate chip is this super new flavor, lol. I wish they would have went with the apple pie and white chocolate raspberry they were talking about releasing before.

Also they messaged me on facebook asking if I want a free box because they "changed the formula" and are sending out free boxes for people to try. I'll be interested to see if they taste any different because I know a lot of people didn't like the new formula. I didn't really notice because I only eat the 2oz snickerdoodle and loved the change because more cinnamon/sugar. I'll post here if they end up tasting any different.

I’m not sure if you’re talking about Enlightened, but it’s not the chocolate pb they’re saying is new. Their new flavor is marshmallow peanut butter. A few people I follow on Instagram have found it for sale at Sprouts or Shoprite I think.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Anyone try Enlightened's new flavor of ice cream in Movie Night yet? Can't find it anywhere! It sounds so good!
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Anyone try Enlightened's new flavor of ice cream in Movie Night yet? Can't find it anywhere! It sounds so good!

There's a review of it on this thread a few pages back...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/41689787/#Comment_41689787

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Noticed on Facebook Lenny & Larry has a new chocolate mint protein cookie, and it looks like Enlightened is releasing a new peanut butter inspired ice cream pint flavor soon!

I thought L and L released those like last month? They also released the "new" chocolate pb which isn't really "new". They already had PB chocolate swirl, but are now acting like PB chocolate chip is this super new flavor, lol. I wish they would have went with the apple pie and white chocolate raspberry they were talking about releasing before.

Also they messaged me on facebook asking if I want a free box because they "changed the formula" and are sending out free boxes for people to try. I'll be interested to see if they taste any different because I know a lot of people didn't like the new formula. I didn't really notice because I only eat the 2oz snickerdoodle and loved the change because more cinnamon/sugar. I'll post here if they end up tasting any different.

I’m not sure if you’re talking about Enlightened, but it’s not the chocolate pb they’re saying is new. Their new flavor is marshmallow peanut butter. A few people I follow on Instagram have found it for sale at Sprouts or Shoprite I think.

I just got an email confirming it: https://www.eatenlightened.com/products/marshmallow-peanut-butter-ice-cream-pint?utm_campaign=Odds In Your Flavor&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=61817508&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8Jzj7GI5N5SSE7nCMVR2o5XEvrAdG_AR52yUSCfLs5xjUwh9aEPrujea_k4Vfe8HQ2u8mW8K1Brz8i56S3R9ptbKfi-g&_hsmi=61817510

I'd be even more excited if I could find the new flavors they released before this... especiall that movie night and cookies & cream... ugh
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Yes it's AMAZING! My favorite flavor of all of theirs. It's a buttery, caramel, chocolate chip flavor.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I've been on maintenance for nearly four years (after losing 65/70 lbs total) a while back. I've been dairy free (because my wife is allergic to it) for two years. I don't eat ice cream much any more because the non-dairy alternatives were (up till now) pretty nasty, to be honest.

Haagen Dazs just introduced four non-dairy flavors. OMG they taste like real ice cream (sorry So Delicious, Ben & Jerry's, Kroger, Nada Mo and the many more pretenders, this is so, so good!). Peanut Butter Chocolate, Mocha Cookie, Coconut Caramel and Sea Salt Chocolate Fudge Truffle. If I continue to eat as much non dairy ice cream as I did this week, I might have to log again soon (I'll be over my "red line").

I love HD's non dairy peanut butter chocolate fudge and salted chocolate fudge truffle flavors! Out of all of the new ice cream flavors I've tried recently (regular included), these are the first ones that I've bought repeats of so far. If you're looking for other non-dairy recommendations, Talenti has a couple of pretty good ones as well. Their peanut butter fudge sorbetto is very similar in taste to HD's peanut butter chocolate fudge, and is one of my favorites. Their cold brew coffee sorbetto is also delicious, as is their chocolate sorbetto. Texturally lighter than HD as they're replicating a gelato texture.

Thank you! I had no idea they made non-dairy too! We are so grateful that my wife is better (going non dairy, non gluten actually reversed her Fibromyalgia), but there are also times that she has a very hard time with doing without. I've literally watched her cry at restaurants because she can't have dairy anymore. I usually get some "oh, you *kitten*" looks from people thinking I'm the reason she's crying! No, she's crying because everyone around is eating cheese, cream, cakes, cheesecake and ice cream and she just wants to feel "normal" but dairy is something she reacts to very violently. Having other options is so important for her mental health and having an ice cream option that she actually loves is very exciting, even if just every once in a while. I'll try to find those too! Thanks!

I can only imagine how tough it must be to have to miss out on ice cream and other dairy desserts, considering that there aren't that many great alternatives yet. Haagen-Dazs and Talenti's non dairy ice creams are the best, I think because they don't rely on almond milk, rice milk, etc. for the bases, so the flavors are more pure without the noticeable taste of alternative milks that other brands tend to impart. I think we'll see the non dairy ice cream market expanding even more in the next few years - with HD releasing 4 flavors in their first foray into non dairy ice cream, they might come out with several flavors next year as well. This is Talenti's second year of non dairy ice creams (peanut butter chocolate fudge and chocolate sorbettos were released last year, cold brew coffee was a new flavor released this year) - perhaps they'll release another new non dairy flavor next year, though the direction Talenti goes in may depend on how their new lower sugar/lower calorie ice cream line does too.

Cashew milk ice cream is fantastic! I recommend those. They have been the most creamiest and delicious of the dairy free ice cream I've had. photo-2-1024x768.jpg

Wow...you're set for some serious eating lol!
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Birdseye vegetable "pasta" in frozen foods. Also their Quinoa and Spinach Super Foods. Very satiating.
  • alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Desert Hummus...chocolate brownie batter, and vanilla bean. OMG - delish!
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    I've been on maintenance for nearly four years (after losing 65/70 lbs total) a while back. I've been dairy free (because my wife is allergic to it) for two years. I don't eat ice cream much any more because the non-dairy alternatives were (up till now) pretty nasty, to be honest.

Haagen Dazs just introduced four non-dairy flavors. OMG they taste like real ice cream (sorry So Delicious, Ben & Jerry's, Kroger, Nada Mo and the many more pretenders, this is so, so good!). Peanut Butter Chocolate, Mocha Cookie, Coconut Caramel and Sea Salt Chocolate Fudge Truffle. If I continue to eat as much non dairy ice cream as I did this week, I might have to log again soon (I'll be over my "red line").

I love HD's non dairy peanut butter chocolate fudge and salted chocolate fudge truffle flavors! Out of all of the new ice cream flavors I've tried recently (regular included), these are the first ones that I've bought repeats of so far. If you're looking for other non-dairy recommendations, Talenti has a couple of pretty good ones as well. Their peanut butter fudge sorbetto is very similar in taste to HD's peanut butter chocolate fudge, and is one of my favorites. Their cold brew coffee sorbetto is also delicious, as is their chocolate sorbetto. Texturally lighter than HD as they're replicating a gelato texture.

Thank you! I had no idea they made non-dairy too! We are so grateful that my wife is better (going non dairy, non gluten actually reversed her Fibromyalgia), but there are also times that she has a very hard time with doing without. I've literally watched her cry at restaurants because she can't have dairy anymore. I usually get some "oh, you *kitten*" looks from people thinking I'm the reason she's crying! No, she's crying because everyone around is eating cheese, cream, cakes, cheesecake and ice cream and she just wants to feel "normal" but dairy is something she reacts to very violently. Having other options is so important for her mental health and having an ice cream option that she actually loves is very exciting, even if just every once in a while. I'll try to find those too! Thanks!

I can only imagine how tough it must be to have to miss out on ice cream and other dairy desserts, considering that there aren't that many great alternatives yet. Haagen-Dazs and Talenti's non dairy ice creams are the best, I think because they don't rely on almond milk, rice milk, etc. for the bases, so the flavors are more pure without the noticeable taste of alternative milks that other brands tend to impart. I think we'll see the non dairy ice cream market expanding even more in the next few years - with HD releasing 4 flavors in their first foray into non dairy ice cream, they might come out with several flavors next year as well. This is Talenti's second year of non dairy ice creams (peanut butter chocolate fudge and chocolate sorbettos were released last year, cold brew coffee was a new flavor released this year) - perhaps they'll release another new non dairy flavor next year, though the direction Talenti goes in may depend on how their new lower sugar/lower calorie ice cream line does too.

Cashew milk ice cream is fantastic! I recommend those. They have been the most creamiest and delicious of the dairy free ice cream I've had. photo-2-1024x768.jpg

Wow...you're set for some serious eating lol!

I wish they made some cashew milk with no sugar added. I do love the coconut, pecan, no sugar added.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I just got an email confirming it: https://www.eatenlightened.com/products/marshmallow-peanut-butter-ice-cream-pint?utm_campaign=Odds In Your Flavor&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=61817508&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8Jzj7GI5N5SSE7nCMVR2o5XEvrAdG_AR52yUSCfLs5xjUwh9aEPrujea_k4Vfe8HQ2u8mW8K1Brz8i56S3R9ptbKfi-g&_hsmi=61817510

I'd be even more excited if I could find the new flavors they released before this... especiall that movie night and cookies & cream... ugh

I can't find most of the newer flavors that were released before these newer ones.

There seriously needs to just be an ice cream store that sells almost every brand.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I found these two and have tried them both. I give the Mint My Cookies 8/10 and PB & Fudge 5/10. I enjoy mint chip ice cream typically, and enjoyed the bits of cookies in it. Though there isn't a ton of mix ins throughout, the base was good alone and I enjoyed it. PB & Fudge was a disappointment. Mix-in's sucked imo. I won't buy that one again, but would buy the mint.

cq3ihfkzdvaa.jpg5781709nrxhc.jpg

• hgycta
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I like hot pockets and lean pockets, so did I like these? Yes. Did I like them enough to say they’re worth getting over a different flavor? No.
    Not nearly as exciting as I had hoped for. They didn’t taste as indulgent as the long description featuring turkey, cranberries, cheddar, Dijon, in a pretzel crust made it sound. I was hoping for something reminding me of Thanksgiving leftovers kicked up a notch, but it’s just a typical Lean Pocket. There were at best 1-2 cranberries per sandwich and the Dijon wasn’t distributed very evenly. The pretzel crust was good, but wasn’t salty enough for my liking and didn’t even look like pretzel crust, really. The picture does it more justice than it deserves, but if nothing else it’s enjoyable.
    vfeytnrt5how.jpeg
    mbepj3bsq3zg.jpeg
  • hgycta
    Options
    I can't remember if I reviewed this (sorry the thread is so long that I tend to forget)

spinach-artichoke-hand-pie-61603.png

Not sure how new this is since I found it at the Grocery Outlet for $1.99 (pretty sure Giant had it for $3.99-$4.99). Very good! I said this is a gourmet Hot Pocket (you only get one in the box, but it's a decent size). The outer dough reminds me of the stromboli my school would make in high school. Inside is jam packed with spinach, artichokes, & cheese!

The description from the website

"Spinach Artichoke Hand Pie
    Who’s got three cheeses? This hand pie. Count ‘em: mozzarella, Parmesan, and white cheddar. Also, nothing goes better with cheeses than spinach and artichokes. Just saying."

That looks amazing! How big is it and how many calories?
    busyPK wrote: »
    I found these two and have tried them both. I give the Mint My Cookies 8/10 and PB & Fudge 5/10. I enjoy mint chip ice cream typically, and enjoyed the bits of cookies in it. Though there isn't a ton of mix ins throughout, the base was good alone and I enjoyed it. PB & Fudge was a disappointment. Mix-in's sucked imo. I won't buy that one again, but would buy the mint.

cq3ihfkzdvaa.jpg5781709nrxhc.jpg

Thanks for the review! I'm on the other end of the spectrum; I don't normally care for mint ice cream, but peanut butter is my greatest downfall. I searched Safeway for these today and didn't see them, but I probably would have ended up buying the PB & Fudge flavor, so I appreciate the heads up! Was it a disappointment because it lacked flavor (nothing breaks my heart more like "peanut butter" flavored products that hardly taste much like peanut butter), or were the mix-ins just artifical/weird tasting? I'm curious what the other flavors are like... if you try any more let us know how they do!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Thanks for the review! I'm on the other end of the spectrum; I don't normally care for mint ice cream, but peanut butter is my greatest downfall. I searched Safeway for these today and didn't see them, but I probably would have ended up buying the PB & Fudge flavor, so I appreciate the heads up! Was it a disappointment because it lacked flavor (nothing breaks my heart more like "peanut butter" flavored products that hardly taste much like peanut butter), or were the mix-ins just artifical/weird tasting? I'm curious what the other flavors are like... if you try any more let us know how they do!

The ice cream flavor is peanut butter, but not a great tasting one (and I love pb). Small “fudge” swirls in it. Nothing exciting. It is also rock solid so needed to be microwaved quite a bit. I’m in Kansas and found at Hyvee, they also have the newer Enlightened flavors too.
    ol18jdjqa5i0.jpeg
  • hgycta
    Options

The ice cream flavor is peanut butter, but not a great tasting one (and I love pb). Small “fudge” swirls in it. Nothing exciting. It is also rock solid so needed to be microwaved quite a bit. I’m in Kansas and found at Hyvee, they also have the newer Enlightened flavors too.
    ol18jdjqa5i0.jpeg

I haven't been able to find any of the new Enlightened flavors! Do they have peanut butter marshmallow? Personally I'm dying to know how this one is since I think Enlightened outperformed all the competitors on their peanut butter flavors...
  • kellymccrea1
    kellymccrea1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

ol18jdjqa5i0.jpeg

I haven't been able to find any of the new Enlightened flavors! Do they have peanut butter marshmallow? Personally I'm dying to know how this one is since I think Enlightened outperformed all the competitors on their peanut butter flavors...

The person I follow on Instagram who found it tried it and said it was delicious. She said it’s like the marshmallow swirl from the frozen hot cocoa pint. No more details than that though.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    alcomer wrote: »
    Desert Hummus...chocolate brownie batter, and vanilla bean. OMG - delish!

I keep hearing about the chocolate hummus and I can't bring my self to try it. The thought irrationally freaks me out. Lol. It's really good? I know a lot of people are mixing it with pb powder or reconstituted pb powder for peanut butter cup effect.