New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• rachelstump
    rachelstump Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

I love Quest bars, well at least those flavors, but I always microwave them for 15 seconds. Yum. I like the Quest chips a lot too, but I didn't like the BBQ ones as much as the other ones (haven't tried the salt and vinegar ones).

Don't bother with the Salt & Vinegar. I was SOOOO disappointed, I haven't even tried the other flavors.

• rachelstump
    rachelstump Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a nutrition/supplement store where I had access to all of these items, so I've pretty much tried just about them all. Quest Bars are okay - I'm not picky - but give Fit Elite bars a try. I've found that those who aren't necessarily sold on Quest Bars due to taste and macros, tend to enjoy Fit Elites a lot better; 1. They do taste better. You can microwave them for a few seconds too, which is my preference. 2. The macros are slightly better, as well. My favorite flavor is birthday cake.

As for the Quest chips, I think BBQ is delicious. I guess it's just a personal preference. I agree with you, salt and vinegar is notably the worst flavor - it isn't good at all. Neither is Sour Cream & Onion. However I thoroughly enjoy both BBQ and Cheddar Sour Cream!
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    OMG I WAS RIGHT WHITE CHOC RASP! t6brza29nmg3.jpg

also fyi...."It hasn’t been going well for Lenny & Larry or their Complete Cookie. First, there was a recall in December of 2016 for undeclared dairy contamination in their chocolate chips. That’s kind of a big deal when you’re selling a cookie that’s supposedly vegan.
    And now they’ve been sued in a class action lawsuit that claims they’ve drastically overstated their protein content — claiming 16 grams of protein per cookie when laboratory tests reveal that each cookie has between 4–9 grams of protein.
    "

Oh my goodness I'm surprised I didn't hear about that lawsuit, that's nuts! Honestly though, I bet there's a lot of other companies out there who also do that... the most important thing (for me, anyways) is does that mean the cookies have less calories or does it mean they have more carbs instead? x'D

I'm not a huge white chocolate raspberry fan, did you see any other flavors? I'm hoping for a red velvet or one with a coffee base!

My problem with L&L cookies is the labeling. The package claims 16 grams of protein but that's for the WHOLE cookie. However, the label indicates there's 2 (two) servings per package. Although that would put the protein at about 8 grams per half cookie, but a half cookie has about 200 calories, and who eats half a cookie?

OTOH, both the snickerdoodle and double chocolate have a pretty good flavor, and I think the texture is pretty good as well.
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Got my coupon in the mail today. At least it's good until the end of the month because I just bought out the clearance bin at my Walmart. They had all the pumpkin Noosa marked to $1.38 and a 4 pack of Mexican chocolate for $3.18 so I'm st for the next week or so. eq18daqqifik.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

also fyi...."It hasn’t been going well for Lenny & Larry or their Complete Cookie. First, there was a recall in December of 2016 for undeclared dairy contamination in their chocolate chips. That’s kind of a big deal when you’re selling a cookie that’s supposedly vegan.
    And now they’ve been sued in a class action lawsuit that claims they’ve drastically overstated their protein content — claiming 16 grams of protein per cookie when laboratory tests reveal that each cookie has between 4–9 grams of protein.
    "

Oh my goodness I'm surprised I didn't hear about that lawsuit, that's nuts! Honestly though, I bet there's a lot of other companies out there who also do that... the most important thing (for me, anyways) is does that mean the cookies have less calories or does it mean they have more carbs instead? x'D

I'm not a huge white chocolate raspberry fan, did you see any other flavors? I'm hoping for a red velvet or one with a coffee base!

yes I want to know about the calorie difference as well. the other flavors are chocolate mint and apple pie (not a fan of mint or apple pie very much)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Speziface wrote: »

"

My problem with L&L cookies is the labeling. The package claims 16 grams of protein but that's for the WHOLE cookie. However, the label indicates there's 2 (two) servings per package. Although that would put the protein at about 8 grams per half cookie, but a half cookie has about 200 calories, and who eats half a cookie?

OTOH, both the snickerdoodle and double chocolate have a pretty good flavor, and I think the texture is pretty good as well.

Yeah they don't really have much protein per 200 calories. I usually buy the 2oz size because the 4oz are too big and I prefer my bars/snacks to be around 200.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    a1ny6mck9qsd.jpg

one of theee new flavors coming soon
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    heads up if you shop at stop n shop they have free enlightened pint coupon clip to card coupons
  • bellaa_x0
    Options

"

apple pie is one of the other upcoming three
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    You can get a dollar coupon from Evol's website

http://evolfoods.com/
  • Leverfam
    Leverfam Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    New Fun food is Mighty Muffins .... add some water and microwave .... delish at the end of the day and added protein too!!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I don't go to Giant often but maybe I should start they had a lot of stuff I usually never see!
    d6yjlu2lonon.jpg
    xixwhgzxxbjw.jpg
    vfirkbmvginp.jpg

The free Enlightened coupon worked without a problem and I didn't see any new flavors but I picked up an extra one and apparently it was on sale for $3.50!
    aygr1mmzqj6l.jpg
  • bellaa_x0
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »

"

apple pie is one of the other upcoming three

chocolate mint is the third
  • hgycta
    Options
    Stopped by target today and browsed the Easter goodies. I've had the Cadbury creme cookies and wasn't impressed last year, but these must be new!
    n3f5m1i5uttx.jpg
    94gq1pj6x2zp.jpg
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Stopped by target today and browsed the Easter goodies. I've had the Cadbury creme cookies and wasn't impressed last year, but these must be new!
    n3f5m1i5uttx.jpg
    94gq1pj6x2zp.jpg

My son tried those Cadbury Crunchie cookies a couple of years ago (he flat out LOVES Cadbury Crunchies) and found them to be just "meh". I tried one, and thought the same thing.
  • hgycta
    Options
    n3f5m1i5uttx.jpg
    94gq1pj6x2zp.jpg

My son tried those Cadbury Crunchie cookies a couple of years ago (he flat out LOVES Cadbury Crunchies) and found them to be just "meh". I tried one, and thought the same thing.

Glad I posted about it before buying it then, I'm not normally a cracker/cookie person so that saves me some money!

I tried Enlightened's Giant exclusive pint and unfortunately it didn't come close to Ben & Jerry's half baked. I was really hoping for a Vanilla/chocolate Swirl base, and it can't compare to their pints with swirls or their birthday cake/cold brew coffee flavor! I think I'd take cookie dough over this one still, the sweet cream ice cream base appeals to me more than milk chocolate (dark chocolate might have been a different story)
    Still, fun idea with the store exclusive pints and I'm glad they got it in so quickly!
    i314kd6pudjj.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    I don't go to Giant often but maybe I should start they had a lot of stuff I usually never see!
    d6yjlu2lonon.jpg
    xixwhgzxxbjw.jpg
    vfirkbmvginp.jpg

The free Enlightened coupon worked without a problem and I didn't see any new flavors but I picked up an extra one and apparently it was on sale for $3.50!
    aygr1mmzqj6l.jpg

if you want to go again and like those bars heres a coupon for free one lol scroll down to free bar https://www.powerbarcleanstart.com/

Never seen breyers non dairy were they almond milk based?!
  • hgycta
    Options
    d6yjlu2lonon.jpg
    xixwhgzxxbjw.jpg
    vfirkbmvginp.jpg

aygr1mmzqj6l.jpg

if you want to go again and like those bars heres a coupon for free one lol scroll down to free bar https://www.powerbarcleanstart.com/

I actually got the coupon for a free one from that, that's why I picked them up I've never tried them before and couldn't choose which one sounded better! :)
    I didn't pick it up and check honestly because I knew I wouldn't be able to put it down but I do recall reading somewhere (possibly peta's Facebook actually) that they're made with Almond milk!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    d6yjlu2lonon.jpg
    xixwhgzxxbjw.jpg
    vfirkbmvginp.jpg

aygr1mmzqj6l.jpg

I actually got the coupon for a free one from that, that's why I picked them up I've never tried them before and couldn't choose which one sounded better! :)
    I didn't pick it up and check honestly because I knew I wouldn't be able to put it down but I do recall reading somewhere (possibly peta's Facebook actually) that they're made with Almond milk!

I went on Saturday & got my free Ben & Jerry's, Noosa, & Powerbar.

I bought Red Velvet Cake Ben & Jerry's (haven't tried this flavor yet) & the Noosa new Apple flavor which is amazing. Now I just want to try the Ginger & Jalapeno.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Finally got to try the 'waffle waffle' brand of cinnamon waffles, because they were finally on sale.

I'm disappointed. I bought that brand a couple years ago when it was just plain waffles, and the calories were much higher (like 180 calories for half a waffle, and the waffle was bigger than what the package said too). So much sweet, buttery goodness. They changed the formula down the road to make it around 240 calories a waffle, and you can really tell. It's nowhere as satisfying to me.

I still want to find the birthday cake one

32138127241_da73264e97_z.jpg?resize=640%2C391&ssl=1

but Shop Rite doesn't have it (they actually stopped carrying the brand altogether for a while), so I'm not holding my breath. I guess I'm just kinda spoiled because I grew up with the real Belgian waffles (but I don't have the right waffle iron to make my own).