New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Also finally got to try these and I'm very disappointed. Just overly sweet without really much of a chocolate flavor. I actually liked the other kind better!

girl-scouts-smores.jpg

When I was a kid I ate my sister's Dr. Pepper chapstick because I thought that's what you were supposed to do. The smores girl scouts cookies taste exactly like chapstick did. Bleck.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Saw this on netrition.com and bought it. It has a weird chemical taste to it but at the same time I love the lemon flavor and it's so soft, and the coating is great! I'm so torn haha anyone try the other flavors or see them in any actual stores?
    92zj1ddfbecp.jpg
  • bearbear30
    bearbear30 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I got these no dairy bites from perfectly free :) they're perfect little bites of sweet to end my day. I love them
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    josette06 wrote: »

Also finally got to try these and I'm very disappointed. Just overly sweet without really much of a chocolate flavor. I actually liked the other kind better!

girl-scouts-smores.jpg

When I was a kid I ate my sister's Dr. Pepper chapstick because I thought that's what you were supposed to do. The smores girl scouts cookies taste exactly like chapstick did. Bleck.

Wait, what? In the Philadelphia area, S'mores look like this, and they taste pretty good:
    wg3m20lihgah.jpg

So I found this, which explains it all: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/13/dining/smores-girl-scout-cookies.html?_r=0
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    josette06 wrote: »

girl-scouts-smores.jpg

Wait, what? In the Philadelphia area, S'mores look like this, and they taste pretty good:
    wg3m20lihgah.jpg

So I found this, which explains it all: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/13/dining/smores-girl-scout-cookies.html?_r=0

Yeah and the chocolate covered one is actually better too! And I didn't care for that one much in the first place.

I hear all the other cookies taste slightly different too but I've never had the opportunity to compare.

• RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I love the Yasso bars. To be fair, I've only tried 4 flavors (sea salt caramel, mint chocolate chip, cookies and cream, and chocolate chip cookie dough). The cinnamon bun, coffee, toffee, and PB ones are calling my name though!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,599 Member
    Options
    sarahbums wrote: »
    Anybody else tried Yasso bars? I've had the chocolate chip cookie dough & cookies 'n creme flavors, and they're awesome. Apparently theyre coming out with chocolate dipped versions, but I haven't spotted those at walmart yet...

qp75bchxlj63.jpg

I've tried the chocolate chip cookie dough and the coffee chocolate chip and pretty much just ended up trying to eat around the bars to get the chocolate chips and threw the majority of the bars out.

I'll stick with Halo Top. (Ooooooo maybe they'll start producing individual portion bars!)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Yasso Bar is at least more tastier than the Arctic Zero pint, but I agree that it's bland.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I just got the Kroger flyer and at least at our Kroger (Detroit area) they have Halo Top on sale for 3.49 if you buy 5. You can mix and match with Ben and Jerry's or Talenti gelato.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this has been mentioned in the last 300 pages but: Just tried Halo Top Black Cherry. It was pretty tasty though not amazing. I'd buy again on sale ($3.50 I think?), but not for the regular price $6.50. I did very much appreciate the real cherry pieces and the lack of chocolate though. Love cherries...very much dislike chocolate/fruit combo.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    Bought this and had it as a late morning snack after our hike, and UGH. Way too sweet, and very weird taste.

9wd5t6z9gblk.jpg

I had the cinnamon roll one and I thought it was very good. I have this one too but I haven't tried it yet. Now I don't know if I want to.

I really liked this one! It's the only one of the cereal bars I've tried, but I was impressed. It WAS very sweet, but if you're a fan of maple syrup/waffles, I think you'll like it. Have you ever tried those Golden Grahams milk and cereal bars? Think like that, but small/better macros/no chocolate.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    Anyone have recommendations for a flavor of the PowerBar clean whey bar? I don't really care for Red Velvet. I got my free coupon in the mail and don't want to muck it up with a flavor widely known as ewwww.
    Thanks in advance!

White chocolate raspberry. When I first tasted the bars several months ago, I thought that the cookie dough and the white chocolate raspberry were both bland. Recently, however, a local grocery store had them on clearance, so I decided to give them another chance, and I found that I really liked the white chocolate raspberry.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    Bought this and had it as a late morning snack after our hike, and UGH. Way too sweet, and very weird taste.

9wd5t6z9gblk.jpg

I had the cinnamon roll one and I thought it was very good. I have this one too but I haven't tried it yet. Now I don't know if I want to.

I really liked this one! It's the only one of the cereal bars I've tried, but I was impressed. It WAS very sweet, but if you're a fan of maple syrup/waffles, I think you'll like it. Have you ever tried those Golden Grahams milk and cereal bars? Think like that, but small/better macros/no chocolate.

I had it today and I loved it! Maybe it helps that I like sweet stuff!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Got my PowerBar coupon in the mail yesterday!

Also just tried Caveman bars. Delicious + I appreciate snack products that don't contain soy. I've been reading up on sunflower lecithin & it's supposed to be better for us. They are as tasty as KIND, but unlike KIND, they do have a bit of an aftertaste. I guess you can't have it all?!?!

wxkoobf6kq9y.jpg

Costco N. Miami has them $17.99 for a 20ct. box.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    anyone else see the new cheetos flavoured oreos :angry:

pretty sure this was just a hoax lol