The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    35 here, and a former fatass. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    donnap1010 wrote: »
    44 here ...feel free to add me

Wow I think saw you on m tv lol welcome and good luck
  • earthywoman5
    earthywoman5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am starting the keto diet and thought I would sinc my fitbit to my fitness pal. Looking forward to the amazing changes coming my way ☺
  • ValentinePamplemousse
    Options
    How do
    Click the person’s name. Then click it again on the next screen. Then you’ll see a little +friend symbol on the left. :-)
  • Athenry35
    Athenry35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    daisyf717 wrote: »
    Athenry35 wrote: »
    jmast7769 wrote: »
    eihosford wrote: »
    T0M_K wrote: »
    eihosford wrote: »
    Looking for support, fitness friends....46 y/o
    The struggle is real!

Hi. How can I help? the struggle is real fo sho.

Well, my personal struggle right now is sticking to a reasonable eating plan. I'm active most days of the week and have had some weight loss success with weight watchers (last year), but do not like their new plan and the meetings were feeling pretty stale for me. I do believe that it just gets tougher and tougher to maintain the older we get....

What kind of training are you doing? Cardio? Weights??

Lots of cardio right now - running 3-4 miles 3 or 4x's per week, walking on non run days. I started doing some weights training in Feb. Followed Harley Pasternaks' 5 factor fitness weight routine and liked it. Found it a bit repetitive at the end of the 5 weeks though. I then went on vacation and have struggled to get back to 'that' area of the gym since...even though I know it's beneficial for overall health/wellness....

I liked Lou schuler’s new rules for weightlifting for women. It has really good lifting plans. I went through it once but I’m doing something a little different now. Highly suggest it tho!

Thanks daisyf717 - I'll look into that!
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    I didn't feel old until this weekend when the local classic rock station played The Red Hot Chili Peppers! WTH they aren't classic rock!!! When did that happens???? :/

Remember when there where videos on M tv lol

HAHA! Yes!!! I wanted to be the chick on the hood of Whitesnake's car. LOL :D
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • lac251
    lac251 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good morning! :smile:
  • jmast7769
    jmast7769 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I am cramming two workouts into one day today. Going to be tired! Heading to Seattle tomorrow to watch the Supercross on Saturday.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Gm all just another day at the nuclear reactor LOL
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 44 and currently feeling better than I did when I was 34. Feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey.
  • ajward1975
    ajward1975 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 42 in Kansas City and just starting my weigh loss journey. We are having a weight loss challenge at work and figured now is as good as time as any to start. I'm a former college baseball player and very embarrassed as to how I've let myself go. Need to get healthy for myself, but also for my beautiful wife and kids. I'm 6'3" and weigh 342 pounds, SO I have a LONG way to go. Look forward to meeting and chatting with everyone!

Have a great day!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Morning, almost afternoon Middle Agers :)
    Hope everyone is having a tremendous Thursday!!!
  • Smallberry16
    Smallberry16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just joined a couple weeks ago. Staying in shape has never been this hard until I hit 46. Please feel free to add me.
  • dillysma
    dillysma Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I turn 55 in a couple weeks and feel my age for now, but hope to change that. Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    I didn't feel old until this weekend when the local classic rock station played The Red Hot Chili Peppers! WTH they aren't classic rock!!! When did that happens???? :/

I was just thinking remember when tvs did not have remotes. B)B)>:)
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    Options

I was just thinking remember when tvs did not have remotes. B)B)>:)

LOL Ralph, I was the remote! "Cindy, go change the channel." It never failed, I always went too far and had to start all over again. Glad we have remotes now.
  • mudknuckles
    mudknuckles Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    I am 48 my TV had VHF and UHF!