Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    @DebCountsAll Please accept my condolences and virtual hugs.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @DebCountsAll sorry about your loss; hugs.
  • Silhouette_man
    Silhouette_man Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @DebCountsAll - May your Mother rest in peace.
  • Birder165
    Options
    I'm up to my old tricks again!

I once again changed my daily calorie goal. I can't do 1200 - 1300 for more than 3 days in a row without wanting to eat the contents of the fridge. It did get me to my new low but I just can't sustain those levels even with high protein and lots of fruit & veggies and moderate fat.

This is what the past 6 days looked like calorie-wise. You can see that the calories slowly creep up daily and by Friday I was hungry, reigned it in for Saturday only because I kept busy and Sunday was I'M HUNGRY!!! :D

Tues: 1201
    Wed: 1245
    Thurs: 1316
    Fri: 1967
    Sat: 1386
    Sun: 2708

So, I decided to figure out what my maintenance calories would be for my goal weight of 150 and MFP gives me 1620 for being sedentary and no exercise. That's my new daily goal and it should be a lot easier to sustain for any length of time. I hope.

Has anyone else decided to eat at maintenance calories for their goal weight?
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @DebCountsAll My most sincere sympathy to you on the loss of your mother. May happy memories comfort you.
  • TripleSnake
    TripleSnake Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I feel like I no longer know how my body works. Probably normal, body is not a machine, and eating 500 kcal less and going to sports does not mean you will loose weight faster. At least the supplements for sports helps to get away from muscle pain faster. I am so close to 100 kg limit (101.27), but my weight loss slowed down a lot since I started sports on February. Any ideas why?
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Patty
    Height: 5' 6"
    Highest Weight: 317
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 288
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 278

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09: 287
    Mar 16: 287
    Mar 23: 286
    Mar 30: 284.6
    Apr 06: 284.4
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week: 1.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.4
    Total weight lost: 28

I didn't do well focusing on my food logging but I did get to the gym several times this week.
  • MissSass2
    MissSass2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Making mini goals for myself to get back on track.
    Goals this week: Logging all foods (good and bad), bring lunch to work so I don't have to get take out. Drink more water, exercise 3 days this week.
    Goals this month: Weigh in every Monday morning and log it.
  • Birder165
    edited April 2018
    Options
    MissSass2 wrote: »
    Making mini goals for myself to get back on track.
    Goals this week: Logging all foods (good and bad), bring lunch to work so I don't have to get take out. Drink more water, exercise 3 days this week.
    Goals this month: Weigh in every Monday morning and log it.

I never used to log my bad days of eating or foods that I thought were bad for dieting. This time I promised myself, no matter what, that I'd log everything and I've stuck to it. It really gives you valuable feedback. I was surprised many times that I didn't really do that bad ... was pretty much eating at maintenance or slightly over. Sure, there were also days that I was 3000 cals & over but I realized that it would stall my weight loss for a few days and it would show on the scale but if I got back on track, I'd keep losing eventually. I feel more empowered over my eating this way and a lot less guilty. When I ignored those days, I'd get to thinking, "Well, I blew it yesterday might as well start over on Monday." I don't have start-over Mondays anymore. I get back on the horse the next day. (my overeating is always done at night)

• MissSass2
    MissSass2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes exactly! I need to see patterns and ways to improve. I can't do that if I just give up and just not log it.
    I have to say I have a total win today. Someone had a birthday in the office today and I've been sitting about 4 feet away from cupcakes all day long. I am getting ready to walk out the door for the day and I did not cave in and eat one!! Yahoo!
  • Birder165
    Options
    Yes exactly! I need to see patterns and ways to improve. I can't do that if I just give up and just not log it.
    I have to say I have a total win today. Someone had a birthday in the office today and I've been sitting about 4 feet away from cupcakes all day long. I am getting ready to walk out the door for the day and I did not cave in and eat one!! Yahoo!

Huge Victory! YAY!!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @DebCountsAll --so sorry for your loss.

@campfirequeen --welcome back! I had been MIA to the thread for about a month and just got back last week.

@MissSass2 --another up side to logging the bad days is that you can look at the 5 week projection (if every day were like today, in 5 weeks you would weigh XXX) and usually see that the damage isn't so bad.

@TripleSnake --are you eating back any of your exercise calories? If you are burning a lot of calories for your sports, you may need to increase your intake a bit. I like to think of my metabolism as a fire. If it's not getting enough fuel, the fire dies down and just smolders, but if you throw more logs on the fire, it rages back up. If you're hesitant to increase your calories every day, perhaps try adding one or two days a week when you add 250-300 additional healthy calories--preferably lean protein to help prevent muscle loss.

@Sally_Abundance -- Welcome to the thread! Wow, other than the dairy one, all of your bullets points about food/nutrition sound like we could be twins. Sounds like you have a great goal--I love the idea of tandem parachuting as a goal (though I would never do that b/c I'm afraid of heights). I'm going Iceland in the summer of 2019 to celebrate my 50th b-day, and would like to be back at or below my fittest weight of 185 by then. I know that sounds heavy, but I was a size 10 at that weight and was in really great shape. That was just a few years ago, before a serious shoulder injury that has healed about as much as it ever will be, so I'm intent on losing the 15 lbs I've gained over the past couple of years, and perhaps more.

AFM--I was at a workshop over the weekend, so not the easiest regarding food choices (they provided the dinner Friday, and breakfast & lunch Saturday--not the healthiest fare). However, yesterday and today were decent nutrition-wise. I haven't logged either day simply due to time constraints, but I ran 2 miles at the gym after school today. We have a testing day for the students tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get all caught up on my grading to free up some time to devote to logging food going forward.
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I feel like I no longer know how my body works. Probably normal, body is not a machine, and eating 500 kcal less and going to sports does not mean you will loose weight faster. At least the supplements for sports helps to get away from muscle pain faster. I am so close to 100 kg limit (101.27), but my weight loss slowed down a lot since I started sports on February. Any ideas why?

My best guess is, that if you are doing sports consistantly, you are building muscle which weighs more than fat. If that’s happening, you will notice toning up and more definition in affected muscles. Trading fat for muscle is preferable by me even if the weight plateaus while it’s developing, since muscle uses more energy and will help continue weight loss in the future given your calories don’t exceed your energy output. Well-toned Muscles make you look slimmer at comparable weights too.

Congratz on the will-power! I know that small victories develop into big habits with persistance