Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!
    Feeling pretty sassy today. Weighed in for the trainer at 197 so the 100 pound loss was recorded in my file at the gym! They announced today they are starting the spring weight loss challenge. My official starting weight gets recorded tomorrow. So I am drinking all my water today and will indulge in 100 calorie bag of popcorn tonight. Not sure I can win but I will once again give my all.

Tuesday Goals, Today - Water
    This week - Stay under calories
    Next 90 days - Weight Loss Challenge

I really love the dedication that is showing in all of the postings. All of you are so inspiring to me.
    Love to all
    Lori <3
  • Rozie1019
    Options
    Well I ended up not working out yesterday. I tried to do the Jillian Michaels kick boxing DVD that I found in one of my unpacked containers last night but my puppy dog just would not let me do it. He kept jumping up on me. I guess he thought I was playing. I was still under my calories even though I didn't tweak anything and added a small snack on the way home. My dinner was less calories than I thought.

Tuesday goals:1)Make it home all week without buying a snack on the way. I ate baby carrots on the way home yesterday and I successfully made it home without stopping for a snack. I only stopped before so I could have something to munch so I didn't risk falling asleep while driving. 2)Go to bed at least 30 minutes earlier. 3)Start juicing again, at least 3 times a week. Juicing, well blending really, used to give me so much energy in the mornings. I would throw pumpkin seeds in for protein. Three simple goals. I think I can handle these. I'll start short term then work up to long term starting in Feb.

Kah- Glad to hear you walked away from the accident with only minor injuries. Really hope the insurance comes through for you and your car isn't totaled.

Cblue- I think you deserve to feel sassy! 100 lbs is a super amazing loss!

Have a great day!
    Rozie

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals ... get out of the house for a while. I walked at the gym yesterday and my knee didn't like it. The osteoarthritis in it has swelled it up and I can't put any weight on that leg ... so I'm back to hobbling about with my cane for assistance. I'd use the walker, but it doesn't roll so well over snow covered surfaces but is fine right now in the house.

Watch your calories: 23/26 9goal is 28/31)

I'm feeling grumpy today with the sore knee so I won't do any personals today. I hope everyone has a good day. Those of you in the Nor-Eastern Snow Storm ... hope you are safe and warm.

Follow-through. Niki
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. It sure could have been much worse.

@Lori~Thanks for the info, I need to keep that in mind if they do decide to total it—I put quite a bit of money into it last year.

@Nicole(naceto)~I’m so glad to see you on here again, you’ve been missed!

@Tracy~TDEE, BMR and figuring out the calories that best suits you can be frustrating. When I was counting calories what worked best for me was eating at BMR. Hooray for making your goals yesterday, even though you made some not so great choices—kudos for tracking it!

@Karen~Hooray for finishing up that grading! I know it won’t last long though. :frowning: Hope your meetings at school go well this week.

@Laurie~Glad you may be spared the brunt of that storm coming thru; it looks like a doozy on the weather maps. Stay warm and safe.

@L2T~Rainy days and Monday’s make me so blue. :wink: Hope DD is stocked up and stays warm and safe during the storm.

@Tammy~Is the school district aware that winter isn’t over yet?! LOL Sounds like you had a fun day though.

AFM~I have a session with my trainer scheduled for this afternoon. I hate to miss so will take it easy during my workout; I saw him yesterday so he knows about the accident, I know he’ll go easy on me today. I’m on edge right now and hate driving—I’m sure it’s just temporary. This waiting for the estimate is hard too, not knowing what the insurance companies will decide. I feel like its repairable damage but you never know. I’m a planner so in an effort to be proactive, I did some car research yesterday. If I do need a new car I know of four I’ll test drive. All are having really good financing deals—I'm a worrier, so that takes some of the pressure off.
  • texasmom2013
    texasmom2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My exercise goals this week are to do Mutu Systems core exercises twice a day, do Mutu Systems intensive workout 4 times this week, and dailyburn.com's True Beginner series everyday.

My food goals are to eat less than my calorie goal which is 1610. No fast food. I have been doing surprisingly well with that one! I haven't eaten any fast food for a month! No cokes....or soda or pop or whatever ya wanna call it
  • teenagwood
    teenagwood Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Please add me
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @teenagwood You are added simply by posting. Come back often and good luck. This is a great thread.
  • teenagwood
    teenagwood Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • mountmary84
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Thursday truth on Tuesday: I have been cheating! I just realized this morning how many little unrecorded “treats” I have been eating. No wonder my weight loss seems to be stalled! DH has an English muffin with butter and jam every morning after the poached eggs and dry toast we have for breakfast as his “dessert”. It goes well with his coffee. Well, he has been passing it over to me to enjoy a couple bites too. I have NEVER recorded that until today. Turns out it is about 70 calories, not too earth shattering, but still, every day? Then I started to think about other little “treats”. Last night he was drinking a root beer. Well, guess who had maybe half of it; again unrecorded. I don’t order French fries, but care to guess who always puts a few on my plate that I gladly eat! NO, it is not his fault and I need to stop accepting his offers.

I have also stopped measuring and weighing my food. That is just laziness on my part as I have all the tools readily available. I don’t like the way they look on the table so don’t put them there. I do best of course if I plate my food back in the cooking area of the kitchen where I can’t get seconds easily and I don’t have to look at said scale and spoons etc.

I have to wonder just how many “extra” calories I am eating. Obviously, about the right amount to maintain my weight. How dumb can you get???

Enough about me. You get the idea.

Time to recommit at this house.

@cblue. Way to go Sassy! Go get them on the new weight loss challenge.

@Niki Ouch! I hate that darned arthritis. It just plain gets in the way sometimes.

@skinny Karen, I hope things are a bit easier today. Sounds like yesterday was a struggle on lots of fronts.

ASM: Gotta get back to work, but needed to get the cheating off of my chest. My goal this week will be to get that resolved with some consistency…as well as get this darned book work out the door to the CPA.

January Challenge:

Calories under goal: ?? /31
    Cardio Exercise: 0 /31
    Core fitness DVD 1 /31
    De-clutter 15 minutes/365 15/31
    Word for 2015 “TENACITY”

Thanks every one of you for being here.
    Barbara
    Mountmary84
  • loosaedna
    loosaedna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone sorry I haven't been on in a while. I have been going through a bit and dealing with diabetes and other things going on in my life. Nothing seems to be going right and I pray to God that things will but my prays seem to be on death ears. Anyway I have been doing the diet now for some time. I lost weight and for some reason have gained about four pounds back I know that isn't much but to me it seems discouraging. I looked back of my calories and have seen there are many days that i have gone over 1200 calories There were 9 days Maybe that why I have gained some weight. I need to start doing better. It is time for me to start getting serious again. No matter what our problems I am facing I can not let my health fail because of overeatting and gaining more weight back.

@Barbara All of us at one time or another fall off the wagon all we can do is pick our self up and dust our self off and restart again. I know you can do it so don't give up hope.

I will need to apologize to everyone else I didn't read everyone else there is 288 since the last time I came on and that is so much to read. I hope everyone is doing well.

18/31 days under calories
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to old friends. Welcome to the new people.

Have a great day. I am just checking in quickly tonight. The storm was a bust for me not even an inch today. But at least they delayed the start of the school day so that was a plus.
    Today, was a good day and a rest day but I am good with that.

Laurie
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Met goals again today.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • ArmedNurseNC
    ArmedNurseNC Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Whew - how do you guys keep up with all the posts????? I am so amazed by each and everyone of you - you are both inspiring and so honest - thank you. I am new here, and have a ways to go but I appreciate each of you for sharing and I will read and share as I have time for.

Loved the quote "sweat is your fat crying" I think that might help when I am exercising and not liking the sweat :)

I work nights and they are tough for me but can't switch off of them for now financially - so I will make teeny baby goals that I think I can work towards....my first is making sure I prep my meals whether it is cooking on the weekends or making my lunch when I get home in the morning so I'm not so panicked in the evening (since I like to sleep until the last last last second - me thinks that should be February goal :p )

Thanks again for all your sharing -

Marilyn
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: That Jacob gets his groove back. We had been having such a great year and then in the past 3 weeks, he has gotten 7 Fs. We had a long discussion (well, let’s face it…lecture) about it and he seemed to perk his ears up when I said that if he can’t be responsible for his homework getting done and turned in on time (it’s not that he doesn’t know what to do/how to do, it’s that he doesn’t do it) then he’s not responsible enough to learn to drive right when he turns 14. He didn’t own up to anything bothering him so I told him he needs to turn it around. Luckily, they were individual grades and his overall semester grades were still C or above. He’s capable of As and Bs but I’m okay with Cs too (he has a writing heavy English teacher and he HATES that!). He tried to argue that the ending grade is all I should care about but he lost that argument. Now any D’s and F’s will result in immediate punishment as they are placed on-line. Any C’s and he is required to study at the dining room table with his mother watching (oh the pain!!). If he has As and Bs only, then he can choose how to study on his own.

@Holly…if you create an app like that, sign me up for one. 
    @Lori…congrats on 100!!!
    @Rozie…puppy might have to spend 20-30 minutes in the kennel so you can get that work out in.  Our puppy does the same thing…you stand up and he’s ready to play!
    @Niki…sorry to hear about your knee. Hopefully it doesn’t last too long.
    @texasmom…congrats on no fast food or soda. Great progress!
    @Barbara…The weighing and measuring is such a big thing. It’s easy to get into the “I’ve measured it before and I know what a Tbsp looks like…” mentality. Back at it. 
    @Edna…Answers to prayers don’t come in our time, they come when God feels we need them. Be patient and keep doing what you need to do. 1200 calories seems really low for you, is that what MFP set your calories at?

AFM…I met my water goal, but missed my 11 pm bedtime goal. I made it by 11:45, so I guess that’s improvement. I didn’t make my work goal either because they fixed my computer and I had to go back and do some more research on the 8 cases I already thought I had done. But at least going forward I know I’ll get ALL the information at once instead of missing most of it.

Saturday – Lift (nope, rest day)
    Sunday – Cardio (nope – but we did lift) - DONE
    Monday – Water Aerobics - DONE
    Tuesday – Lift (nope, we did Cardio instead) – DONE
    Wednesday – Cardio
    Thursday – Lift
    Friday – Water Aerobics

Today is going to be concentrated on the same three things: water, bedtime and calories. Today or tomorrow will be a rest day. I'm hoping for today because I have meetings/activities at church from 5:00 - 8:00 tonight and would love to just come home and relax. Have a great day everyone!!
  • silver12176
    silver12176 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @tlh0407‌ my son also learned the hard way. He isn't close to being old enough to drive, but unless it was being used for school work he lost all electrics. Also he was getting a D. Guess what he got the grade up and right now he is getting a b the last I looked, granted it is early in the semester.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @tlh0407‌ my son also learned the hard way. He isn't close to being old enough to drive, but unless it was being used for school work he lost all electrics. Also he was getting a D. Guess what he got the grade up and right now he is getting a b the last I looked, granted it is early in the semester.

That's what Jacob loses for each and every D or F right now... We will review the grades every Friday and if he has a D or F it will be a week without anything. I told him to make sure he brings home a new book to read as he just finished his last one.
  • mountmary84
    Options
    @Tracy My son once responded to bribing. He was getting Bs and Cs in HS and wanted to go to college to be an engineer. We offered him $100 per A if he made them and double the money if he got straight As. Care to guess who got straight As that semester; it cost us a bundle, but since he used it the next semester for college, merely reduced our portion of his tuition. He is now an engineer. I think sometimes these kids just need a push. Certainly, a threat of not getting a drivers license is a good one.
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@loosaedna‌ - 1200 calories seems REALLY LOW for you. Have you figured out your TDEE? Do a search here in the forums for the thread that explains TDEE and how to figure it; no way is 1200 accurate!

Yesterday went a little whackadoodle. I subbed at the high school in the afternoon and we had a Level 1 lockdown for about 30 minutes. Apparently a "suspicious person" came inside and didn't check in at the front office, so they locked all the external doors as a precaution. Supposedly no one was ever in danger, but it did get my already rowdy class of boys further riled up when they were supposed to be taking a quiz. Had to pull out "teacher voice" to get them to pull it together.

Then last night I took my oldest niece to choir practice (her first with a new group at the university), then out for a late supper, then to her house (about 20 mins away) where I visited with BigBro, BigSIL and a friend of theirs. Didn't get home until about midnight. Still woke up, on my own, before 6AM this morning. *yawn* Gonna need a nap today.

We're supposed to have a stunning day today - upper 60s and sunny! Woo! Planning to go for a walk after my meeting this afternoon, and possibly still hit the gym for some elliptical. (Hey, maybe I should walk to the gym! I think it's about a mile away.)

Catching up on goal report...

MFP Goals January 25-31

Diet Goals

* No fast food 3/7 days - x/7
    * Track food 7/7 days - 3/7

Exercise Goals

* 30 mins of cardio (preferably elliptical) 3/7 days - 1/7
    * Yoga daily as part of Miracle Morning routine - 4/7
    * Talk to trainer at rec center about strength training -

Health Goals

* Take meds daily - 3/7
    * Refill pill box when needed - DONE
    * Call optometrist about contact Rx -

Cleaning Goals

* Declutter kitchen cabinets over sink -
    * Take last tote of kids clothes to BigBro's house -
    * Follow daily cleaning schedule - x/7
    * Set up area for scrapbooking in spare room - DONE

Personal Goals

* Complete Miracle Morning routine daily - 4/7
    * Move wake up time back to 6AM daily - 1/7
    * Tweak night time routine to better set up for mornings -
    * In bed, lights out by 10:30 PM at least 4/7 days - x/7

Work Goals

* Submit at least 4/8 magazine articles for review - x/8
    * File newspaper article -
    * Invoice newspaper -
    * Invoice magazines -
    * Resolve issue with client's shopping cart -
    * Follow up on PR pitches sent last week -
    * Send 5 LOIs to editors - x/5

January All-In

* Login to MFP daily - 28/31
    * At/Under calorie limit 20/31 - 6/31
    * Workout (besides yoga) 12/31 - 10/31

2015 Mantra: Live Intentionally
  • maryke22
    maryke22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this on going discussion.

I have 100 lbs I would like to lose and never find again. I lost 75 lbs 6 years ago and slowly gained 11 lbs back as caring got my father when he got ill consumed my life. Now I need to relearn what j did before and replace the coping habits of food with better habits that will help me for life.

I recognize that writting like this helps me with an honesty I need to succeed.

I hope I can be a support and a be con of hope for other even when I am struggling myself.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Well my day just got all switched up. Showed up at baby bros to take care of the kids and he was still sleeping. He has a bad sore throat (probably strep) and wasn't going into work today. So now I am home drinking a breakfast smoothie and re evealuating what I am going to do today. I have to pick my mom up at the repair shop this morning after she drops her car off but otherwise wide open. Guess I will finish my list I didn't get done with yesterday. My get up and go got up and left mid afternoon yesterday so didn't get it all done.

tlh0407: One thing I don't miss about my kids being younger is the roller coaster homework. I had three kids and all three types of students. One who just loved it and got perfect grades all on her own, one who just coasted through with the bare minimum effort to maintain the b average that we expected, and one who did what she wanted when she wanted and to heck with the grades. Nothing worked with motivating her. She literally threw away homework one day after I stood over her the night before to prove I couldn't make her do it. Ironically she turned it around at eighteen and finished highscool and associates degree in one year and went on to graduate from the Universaty of Washington with her bachelors in psychology. I would love to think it was me but she hooked up with what turned out to be a pretty long term boyfriend who was very smart and very pro school. They just broke up after 7 years last November.

looseadena: good to see you back. Don't worry about being gone for awhile. This is a life long journey and we are all going to have ups and downs. I hope you are getting everything straightened out for your diabetes and coming up with a plan to take care of yourself.

Melifornia: Great job getting up with your late night. It's great being the cool aunt isn't it :)

Laurie: Hi happy to hear you didn't get buried alive in the snow. And a late start is nice and you don't have to make it up at the end of the year :)

Grandmakaye: Hi great job yesterday.

Skinny (Karen): I hope you have a much better today. If you get to frustrated just go to the gym and beat something up.

cblue: congrats on the gym weigh in. Good luck with the spring challenge.

Well I better get started doing something. Have a great day everyone and don't forget your water :):):)