Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• drainqueen
    drainqueen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My successes so far have been maintaining ready to eat fresh veggies and fruit. I keep green, red, yellow, and orange peppers cleaned and sliced in the fridge along with baby carrots, celery sticks, cucumber spears, watermelon chunks and red grapes. Bananas, red grapefruit and halos are kept in a bowl on the counter. I keep corn tortilla chips & salsa on hand knowing I can have a salty snack for 160 calories. Salads are a breeze to make with all the readily available veggies and I use meat from the meal I make my family. I also cook extra chicken or fish so I have some on days I cook them red meats.
    The other day I cooked them homemade burritos but threw a big hissy fit cause I knew I couldn't eat with them. Cooking foods I can't eat is hard but I will continue to stick with it. Now I just need to get my excercise on.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    @drainqueen I eat exactly what I cook for my family, just use portion control and planning. Why couldn't you have a burrito if you really like them? One of the things on my 'will not do' list is to cook separate meals for myself.
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    @drainqueen - Great job keeping healthy food on hand!

@cblue - I hadn't heard that idea about the 3 lists before. I might try that as I gear up for February.

AFM - I got 3 workouts in today, y'all! Yoga during my morning routine, then I had some free time between my chiropractor appointment and meeting someone for an interview so I went to a pretty little park and walked for 15 minutes (it was gorgeous outside today), then after the interview I went to the rec center for 30 minutes on the elliptical. I feel great physically and a little bemused mentally. Who is this person? :smiley:

MFP Goals January 25-31

Diet Goals

* No fast food 3/7 days - x/7
    * Track food 7/7 days - 2/7

Exercise Goals

* 30 mins of cardio (preferably elliptical) 3/7 days - 1/7
    * Yoga daily as part of Miracle Morning routine - 2/7
    * Talk to trainer at rec center about strength training -

Health Goals

* Take meds daily - 2/7
    * Refill pill box when needed - DONE
    * Call optometrist about contact Rx -

Cleaning Goals

* Declutter kitchen cabinets over sink -
    * Take last tote of kids clothes to BigBro's house -
    * Follow daily cleaning schedule - x/7
    * Set up area for scrapbooking in spare room -

Personal Goals

* Complete Miracle Morning routine daily - 2/7
    * Move wake up time back to 6AM daily - 1/7
    * Tweak night time routine to better set up for mornings -
    * In bed, lights out by 10:30 PM at least 4/7 days - x/7

Work Goals

* Submit at least 4/8 magazine articles for review - x/8
    * File newspaper article -
    * Invoice newspaper -
    * Invoice magazines -
    * Resolve issue with client's shopping cart -
    * Follow up on PR pitches sent last week -
    * Send 5 LOIs to editors - x/5

January All-In

* Login to MFP daily - 26/31
    * At/Under calorie limit 20/31 - 6/31
    * Workout (besides yoga) 12/31 - 10/31

2015 Mantra: Live Intentionally
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    To everyone on the east coast getting that huge storm: Stay safe and warm!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I had a fun day with my son and the kiddos (neice and nephew). They had no school today because they haven't used any of their snow days so whatever. After we took the dogs down to the lake for an hour we packed a lunch and went to one of the parks my son used to love when he was younger. It is on the green river with a massive hill or mini mountain in it. My son used to run up and down it and thought it would still be easy. The up side was we all made it up, yep even me, there was no real downside though all the trails were super steep. I mean literally needing to use hands as well as feet to get up and my son going down first while the kiddos and I mostly slid down on our butts. Once we conquered our mountain we went down by the river and had a nice picnic. It was a really fun day. I don't know about all this activity, lol. It might be the life of me :)

melifornia yay for getting in the workouts. I am not doing any definitive workouts just trying to stay active and get as close to my 10000 steps as I can every day.
    Naceto I also have never had a problem with chicken in the crockpot but I do cook on low and tend to always use a lot of liquid.

Well there was probably more but I am hungry and cant remember so I am heading to the crockpot to get my chili I started this morning. Have a great night everyone.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.

I'm behind again. I was in a car accident yesterday, thanks to someone that ran a red light--I have minor injuries but luckily walked away. I was amazed at the number of witnesses that came to my rescue, offering their numbers and staying with me until the police arrived. Sometimes the kindness of strangers can surprise you. The entire front end is toast and that's just what we can see, not sure of damage to the engine, etc. since they'll need to pry the hood off somehow. Spent today on the phone with insurance companies, my agent and the body shop--finally got a rental this afternoon. I should have an estimate Wednesday--my car is 8 years old so not sure if they'll call it a loss or if the damages are repairable. Hoping for the latter as I really like not having a car payment. I'm sore but did manage to get out for a walk with friends, we walked much slower than usual though--weather was too gorgeous not to get out, since it was 73 and sunny here today.
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Kelley My goodness, I am glad you weren't seriously hurt. It does restore you faith in human nature when so many come to you aid. Sure hope the car can be repaired and you don't have to do the new car thing. Take it a bit easy for a couple days; your body just had a big shock and jolt.
    Barb
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @kah - Hubby was in an accident about a month ago and his truck was totaled. He did manage to get extra money from the insurance company, he told them about the repairs and new tires he had in the last 6 months. He did have receipts to back up his claims. But managed to get an extra $850.00. Hope this helps.
    So very glad you were not seriously hurt.
    - Lori
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Kah I am so sorry to hear about your accident. Thank goodness you are okay. I hope all goes well with your car.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Kelley! I'm glad you are alright and sorry to hear you had to go through that. ~hugs~

Thanks everyone for the chicken ideas!

First day back was rough, but not terribly bad as far as calories. Tomorrow, I'll start again.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kelley--thank goodness you weren't hurt! I really hope the insurance works out in your favor.

@tammy--sounds like a great hike and picnic.

@melissa--great job getting in 3 workouts!!

@drain--Good for you for keeping all of those snacks handy--it's always my plan to do all of that veggie prep, but I'm never quite organized enough. This week, my DH cut up a bunch of salad toppings which made it really easy to throw together a salad with dinner most nights.

@p1xyn1xy‌ --love the new mantra. :smile:

@tracy--my husband doesn't often buy junk, though ironically he bought potato chips today. LOL I was the culprot who brought those darned doritos into the house, but so far I've kept control and only eaten what fits my calorie allowance.

@brandy--I think it's great that you felt so much pride, you cried.

@niki--I had high cholesterol for years and even went on statins for awhile. Ultimately, I've found that less carbs keep it under control. I'm not talking super low-carb, just reasonably low. I set my macros on here to 40% carbs and 30% protein and fats. When I meet those goals consistently, my cholesterol stays down right near 200. Even on meds, it wasn't that low.

@nicole--glad to hear the new guy is still around--though I guess he's no longer "new." LOL

@holly--I'm a text to text and text to world reader--I think it's b/c I'm constantly trying to get my students to figure out the universal themes in our texts by making connections to other texts they've read. :)

@L2T--I can totally relate to hating Mondays today. I had a horrible day due to some work issues. I won't bore you with the details, but I'm still so angry. Top that off with a technology fail in my 8th period class for a perfect ending to my day. Hope your Tuesday is much better. Unfortunately, I have another bargaining meeting and then have to teach an ACT prep class until 9:30 pm, so mine won't be great. Really can't wait until Wednesday.

@kaye--it's nice to hear Cracker Barrel added some healthy options.

Welcome to any newlings or returnees! :smiley:

Monday Check-in:
    As you can see in my personal to L2T, today was a bad day. At least my grades are done and posted.

Weather turned nasty after school--freezing rain and sleet--so no walk with gunner. He got one earlier in the day with DH though, so he's relatively happy.

January Challenge:
    Under calorie goal: 24/26 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    All-in: run 2 days/week: week 1 = 2/2, week 2 = 3/2, week 3 = 2/2, week 4 = 1/2
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47) DONE 1/25 in 55:41!!

Grading Goals:

Exercise Goals: (week 4)
    Sun--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Tues--rest day (meeting)
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs-- walk gunner
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    tlh0407 wrote: »
    I have a question about my calories. When I calculate my BMR it comes to anywhere between 1843 and1894 depending on the calculator I use. My TDEE at sedentary (I want to work for my calories and eat them back) is 2211-2267. They say that someone that is obese can take 30% from their TDEE to lose weight. That would put me at approximately 1547 calories a day, but I heard that you shouldn’t go less than your BMR. UGH!!

Tracy, that's I've heard also ... don't eat below your BMR because that's what you body needs to maintain itself at it's current weight even if you were in a comma.

There are so many seemingly apposing thoughts to this topic that I have read. Some of them talk about obese people being able to cut their calories through a combination of nutrition and physical expenditure to below the BMR figuring that the fat in our bodies is adipose tissue. But your really need to know how much fat your body contains percentage wise for that to work well ...

Good luck. ... I'd love to know how you will use all this kind of stuff to set your BMR

Niki
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Kelley- Glad you are okay. Hope all goes well with the insurance company and that your car can be repaired.

Necto- Welcome back and glad to hear the new guy is still around.

The worst of the snowstorm that is hitting the Northeast is missing my area. We are still getting some snow but not the original amounts predicated. At least, I had school today as a professional development day so no kids. The best part was the county cancelled all meetings and gave us the work time then sent us home early. The road conditions were starting to get worst. Right now it is snowing so we are not sure what tomorrow will hold for school. It is another professional development day so no kids, but they could still call us off or delay start time. They are now predicting 1-3 inches of snow, this is from the back end of the blizzard hitting the Northeast.
  • NK1112
    Options
    azultu77 wrote: »
    RobinsEgg wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!

After posting, you can find your way back by checking your "COMMUNITY"
    tab, then on the "MY DISCUSSIONS" listing, and all the DISCUSSIONS you
    have posted to will show up. If you click on the STAR to the right of the
    DISCUSSIONS, that selects them as your favorites. Then you can click on
    the Titles of the DISCUSSIONS and doing that will return you to the most
    current posting on the DISCUSSIONS thread.

This part doesn't work like this since the October 2014 changes to MFP ... it now only lists the discussions you started. So the best way to bookmark the thread is to locate it on in the Category ... Motivation and Support ... then go ahead and click the Star. After you have made the bookmark, the discussion will show up anytime you click the Star at the top of the community or messages page. You will also see a number count next to the Bell in the same area ,,, when you click on the Bell it will show you who has posted since the last time you did.

Good luck, and welcome
    Niki
  • NK1112
    Options
    Thanks @Skinnyjeanz ... My cholesterol is actually too low, body wise. But because of the Diabetes, I am under watch for artery blockage and other cardiac conditions ... and my triglycerides are a bit high for someone with my status. So I need to limit the cholesterol I intake from food and need to watch the sugar intake very carefully because high carbs lead to higher triglycerides. My macros are the same as yours ... 40/30-30. However, as I am a horrible meal planner I fluctuate too much.

Kelley - glad you are ok from that car accident.
    Niki
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    @kah glad you are okay.
    @skinny it was nice to see nothing in your grading goals.
    Made my goals for today. Much better on the water. This afternoon was sunny and in the 40s, a perfect day for a walk.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @tlh0407 - Figuring out your calorie intake, well it just takes time. Every one's body is different. My trainer's suggestion is to start out with the BMR. Work at that level for a few weeks. Adjust as necessary.
    We did not put this weight on overnight, it will not come off overnight. It takes time. Lots of dedication. Days and maybe years of eating at a lower calorie level. You will find a way to do this. Lots of us on this Thread have lost lots of weight. It really does happen. Trust the process.
    Lori
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @kah - Glad you walked away from the accident. If they don't total your car, be sure to ask for a check for "diminished value". Insurance companies all do this, but you have to ask.

@skinnyjeanz - The heck with Wednesday. Come on Friday!!

AFM - Not much to report. It's cold here and was raining yesterday so I missed my walk. Today will be cold, but dry so I'll go out at lunch. At least my weather is better than DD who lives in Boston!

2015 Mantras:

Live like someone left the gate open (Live Joyously)
    Persevere

Have a great day everyone!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    All this talk about chicken…I took some frozen chicken thighs out of the freezer and think I’ll fire up the grill for lunch today.

@drainqueen…I wish I liked fresh vegetables as much as you do! But I would have a hard time with the “not eating what my family eats.” I’ve done that before and bombed. I’m with Kaye…if you love it, see what you can do to fit it in. Use the recipe calculator and determine how much of a serving you could have. Especially if you are eating salads and so many wonderful fruits and veggies…you’d probably be surprised. Home cooked anything is going to be processed anything for calories.
    @Tammy…what a great feeling to conquer that mini mountain!!
    @Kelley…goodness! Glad you are okay. I’ve had someone take me out by running a red light…it’s scary and luckily it’s just the car that needs a lot of repair. Hopefully your muscles stay loose and you don’t get stiff and sore.
    @Karen…Hope your Tuesday goes better than your Monday. Sounds like even if you have a good day, it’ll be a long one.
    @Niki and @Lori...thanks for the info on the calories. Right now I have it set at 1820 but that is technically below my BMR (I think that is what MFP set for me). I guess I'll give it a go, but I hope I can get some more experiences from this group.

Tuesday Goals: To drink all my water the rest of this week. (I get so close and then miss it! I do so well first in the morning and then in the evening but the afternoon needs to improve). My other goal to focus on this week is to go to bed earlier. I’d like to be in bed with lights out by 11:00 at the latest the rest of this week. I know lack of sleep gets to me.

At work, my goal is to get through 7 more cases today. We have a complaint filed that we need to research all transactions in the past two years. I have to listen to recorded calls that have ranged from a total of 30 minutes to 124 minutes plus reviewing the files. I LOVE this type of assignment but there is a lot of pressure to get through things fast. So far I have done 8 out of 27 and I can see why they are mad.

AFM…yesterday I thought I had blown my calories but when I got it entered, I hit my calorie goal on the head! 0 leftover but 0 over. I had one of those days that I left the house at 3:45 and didn’t get home until after 8:00, which means I didn’t get supper until about 8:30 and ultimately made some bad choices and didn’t care to count until it was after. But again, still made my goal so that is great.

Saturday – Lift (nope, rest day)
    Sunday – Cardio (nope – but we did lift) - DONE
    Monday – Water Aerobics - DONE
    Tuesday – Lift
    Wednesday – Cardio
    Thursday – Lift
    Friday – Water Aerobics
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @naceto- yes it is a shorter cut and thanks. Congrats on the loss you have already made and what a great reward for losing. I forgot to add that I cook my chicken breast on low for my old school crockpot that is on 1 for most of the day.
    @Newbies- Welcome to the group
    @Cblue- I like the idea for the plan and I am glad it worked for you
    @tlho407- So much will power towards the vending machines when in the office. Here is a funny thought I had being my job is all about innovation and smart concepts. Wouldn’t it be nice if you had an app or something that warned you at home when working to leave the food alone. In my head just know I pictured for myself my fridge saying “Back away from the Fridge” or if I opened it would say “Nope put the diet coke down water only”. Prayers for your sister, I hear water aerobics is good.
    @Drainqueen- I was impressed reading all the foods you have prepared and ready to go.
    @ East Coast Peeps- I agree with mountmary be safe and stay warm!
    @jtconst- Your day at the park sounded like so much fun. Congrats on getting up the mini mountain.
    @kah68-I am glad you made it out of the accident okay and that witness were by your side. Take it easy and recovery and good luck with the insurance company.
    @Karen- I love my literature class last night. I loved how the teacher asked questions to make us think more and to read text-to –text more. I tend to read a lot of autobiographies or memories so that is why I read text – to-self a lot more.

AFM- January goal update 23/27 day under calories, 31/35 walking on my lunch break. I love Tuesday’s because this is the day I read to my kindergarten reading buddy Mossimo. It always brightens my day and makes me so grateful that I can help him learn how to read. Car repair wasn’t as bad as it could have been. Bolts for motor mount were rusting and breaking loose. Car is 11 yrs old with almost all original parts still so I am sure lots of things are rusty under the hood. Riley is loving the warm weather because he gets to go for walks again. His human is the one who can’t tolerate the cold being part GS he loves the cold way more than me. Update on my son doctor thinks it could have been ulcers but is encouraging him to stop smoking but he is so stubborn he won’t he has actually smoked more since the doctor asked him to cut back. I know quitting is hard for lots of people for me the day I found out I was pregnant I stopped cold turkey never to pick one up again. He refuses to try patches or other quitting agents. He knows I don’t like that he smokes and I don’t allow it in the house or car. If I smell it in any of those places I do come down on him about rules of the house.