Remember when that was a thing?

Replies

• iWishMyNameWasRebel
    iWishMyNameWasRebel Posts: 174 Member
    Always keeping a quarter when you left the house in case you had car trouble. And a road atlas.
    Parachute pants. Ugh.
    Frosted lipstick. When everyone looked like they had frostbite.
    Dial-up internet. It was amazing. You could start dialing, go make dinner, clean up the kitchen, take your shower, come back to your computer and you were finally connected to the whole world.

Good grief I'm old. I guess the next thing I should list is indoor plumbing... :D
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Zubaz

*shudder*

Often worn by dudes with mullets
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman. That was a thing. And Sully? Was that his name? I had one of those roach clip feathers (had no idea what it was) that I clipped at the back like his because I thought that was the coolest idea/look.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Windows 95 and AOL.
  • beagletracks
    edited April 2018
    Today sponge!!!

Thank god for the Today Sponge in the early 90s.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Waistlines above the belly button. And shirts that got tucked into said waistlines!

Side ponytails - my hair would start to ache eventually

Moccasins
  • beagletracks
    Yay for side ponytails!

Sun In
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Always keeping a quarter when you left the house in case you had car trouble. And a road atlas.
    Parachute pants. Ugh.
    Frosted lipstick. When everyone looked like they had frostbite.
    Dial-up internet. It was amazing. You could start dialing, go make dinner, clean up the kitchen, take your shower, come back to your computer and you were finally connected to the whole world.

Good grief I'm old. I guess the next thing I should list is indoor plumbing... :D

This is back!
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Moon_Stone wrote: »
    Garbage Pail Kid Cards.

I had so many of these. Wish I held onto them
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Popples.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member

Fantastic! In college in the late 90s I finally had internet for the first time and shared with my bff/roommate for a year. We had endless fights over the one computer and also the phone, since tying up the computer meant also tying up the phone line. Only year in our 27 year friendship that we fought!

I honestly didn't know pagers still existed until this thread. I had one for like 2 months in 1996 partly because they were translucent purple & teal, and cost just $4.99/month which seemed like such a great deal. But I used it like once a week to contact my boyfriend at work. Not worth it.