Remember when that was a thing?

LiftingSpirits
LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
What do you look back on and think "Wow, I haven't thought about THAT in a while. At one time that's all anyone was talking about!"?

Replies

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,227 Member
    Dapping
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I remember when the word moist was the most popular word in chit chat.

• saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    I was just talking about AIM recently, I remember how important it seemed to pick out the perfect screen name and clever away message. Remember needing an away message?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Von Dutch trucker hats :D
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited April 2018
    Von Dutch trucker hats :D

Omg haha
    Yess
    And tap out clothing
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    I remember when boobie Fridays were a thing here :D

The good ol'days.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Remember payphones? I saw one the other day and wondered if it works

There are several along the trip back to my hometown outside gas stations. I’ve asked my boys (aged 5, 8, 9, and 13) what they thought they were, and only the oldest came close to guessing :D .
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member

There are several along the trip back to my hometown outside gas stations. I’ve asked my boys (aged 5, 8, 9, and 13) what they thought they were, and only the oldest came close to guessing :D .

I'm curious about some of their guesses...?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I may be dating myself here but remember when clipping a roach clip with a feather dangling off of it into your hair was a thing?

Oh yes. Did that in elementary school and didn't know what roach clips were until college.

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    NYC subway tokens.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    I may be dating myself here but remember when clipping a roach clip with a feather dangling off of it into your hair was a thing?

What? This is over?? Shattered..

note to self: next time you clip a feather in your hair and twirl around in a shawl with Stevie Nicks, close the blinds.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

I'm curious about some of their guesses...?

Transporter pads, bus stops, mail boxes, Superman’s changeroom, homeless shelters... the list went on for so many miles that I regretted asking.