Remember when that was a thing?

Replies

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Exchanging ringtones via Bluetooth
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    albums, 45's, phone booths, beanie babies....
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Healthyhunny231567 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Gel pens, iPods, aim, shoes that had the rollers built in (forget what they're called), sega, game boys, polly pocket, & dunk a roos
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Tamagotchi, nano, giga pets, snap bracelets, Helga and Arnold, Cory and Topanga

I saw some payphones recently in the Cairo Airport. They looked so lonely.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Gel pens, iPods, aim, shoes that had the rollers built in (forget what they're called), sega, game boys, polly pocket, & dunk a roos

Those shoes with the rollers — “Heelies” — have made a comeback by me...very popular with the 8-12-year-old set.

I also wore feathered roach clips in my hair. Kind of amazing my 4th grade teachers didn’t have a problem with it,

Remember when Palm Pilots seemed like the height of technology?

When my youngest son asked me for a cell phone I offered him my circa 2001 Motorola flip phone. He was unimpressed.
  • DaylightDuchess
    DaylightDuchess Posts: 251 Member
    edited April 2018
    Micro Machines!
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Polly pocket
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    I loved these things when I was kid...

j6TjRpK.jpg
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,080 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I loved these things when I was kid...

j6TjRpK.jpg

Haha. Loved these.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Pagers. I remember my mum got 1 when they first came out and wore it on her belt. Man I thought she was the coolest person alive, receiving pages and all. That was some star trek *kitten* back in those days.

I still have one for work

You're so hip
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    I may be dating myself here but remember when clipping a roach clip with a feather dangling off of it into your hair was a thing?

An awesome thing
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    I may be dating myself here but remember when clipping a roach clip with a feather dangling off of it into your hair was a thing?

What? This is over?? Shattered..

note to self: next time you clip a feather in your hair and twirl around in a shawl with Stevie Nicks, close the blinds.

I choreographed an entire lip synch routine to “Gypsy” featuring many of these elements when I was about 11. Long diaphanous skirt a must!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member

What? This is over?? Shattered..

note to self: next time you clip a feather in your hair and twirl around in a shawl with Stevie Nicks, close the blinds.

I choreographed an entire lip synch routine to “Gypsy” featuring many of these elements when I was about 11. Long diaphanous skirt a must!

Haha! I love it!