April 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    So many fantastic races were run this weekend! Like @lporter229, I'll offer a blanket congrats to everyone to avoid offending anyone I miss (I suppose I could've stolen @7lenny7's list of racers, but that would be just cheating :smile:); I enjoyed reading all race reports!

@7lenny7 and @MNLittleFinn You both have nothing but my deepest admiration for taking on what will be one helluva tough race. Taper well!
    @Elise4270 We just started watching A Series of Unfortunate Events on NetFlix...yeah I know, everyone has already watched it and I'm pretty late to the game, lol.

I'm supposed to be tapering this week ready for this weekend's Texas Big Star half marathon. I guess I'll be starting the taper tomorrow instead! It also really doesn't help that all the Easter chocolate that was on sale at the store now seems to be sitting in my house. :neutral:

Must. Resist. Chocolate. Eggs.

02 - 15.39
    03 - 13.55
    04 - 15.21
    05 - 13.38
    06 - 31.56
    09 - 15.28

Total: 104.37 / 280 miles
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Ya Gary.. I've seen it, actually I rewatched it last weekend.. How about Stranger Things? That's an Awesome watch. I like kid shows too.

Warning: ya watch stuff with the kids and forget the adult world exists.... 80% of what I watch it something my kids watch. I'm not complaining. Love tv with the offspring.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 No words, just hugs and prayers.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    @eponine1984 No words, just hugs and prayers.

Yeah, wow. Sorry. :(
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Oh no, @eponine1984 . I'm just so sorry and wish I could do something more than just send hugs and all the positive thoughts your way. Hoping for swift and effective treatment and that you have lots of care and support.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 I'm so sorry.....my expressions of sympathy and support feel like an inappropriate and meager response....but I offer them....
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Oh @eponine1984 So sorry to hear. You and your family have our thoughts/ prayers.

Hang tough sister.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Oooo... So many new things to watch. @shanaber I started Mad Men then DH found this dumb show, Psych and I've bee watching it. It's funny dumb so I don't have to think much following along!

I'm gonna check out Eureka, although I'm almost positive DS and I watched it. It was great! I saw Orange is the New Black some time ago... might pick it back up. Dh will question the woman on woman sex... And I'll have to endure his teenage boy like jibs. So...

I'm taking notes on all the other suggestions. Thanks!

ETA DD brought me a pizza. OMG. I just might break my "diet"... Although I have a business trip, and new clothes that I need to be able to wear...
    And @katharmonic chocolate mint chip is my favorite.

Another USA network goodie is Monk. One of my favorite shows even though it’s been over for years. Thank goodness for reruns.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 I am so sorry this is happening. It sucks and seems so unfair.

• hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @shanaber, @PastorVincent eh, the moment has past. I'm reminded by my niggling hamstring concerns and hip tightness, that running wouldn't be the wisest thing to try without the official go ahead.

What's on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon? And what can I binge eat?

Coming from the one who got a lecture from her pt today for the 4 miles yesterday... I am proud of you for resisting.

Also- my current Netflix binge could solve both your issues - great British baking show :D like I’m binge watching this badly enough I’m not keeping upwelling on this thread...
  • simcon1
    simcon1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    April: 20.1 mi/70 mi goal

All of the race reports and pics from this weekend are really impressive and lovely—congratulations to everyone who raced!

I had a nice sunny post-work 5 mile run tonight. The temps here in Seattle are pretty ideal (I think 60 tonight?)—wish I could share with everyone! But not the rain, which is supposed to return tomorrow. I have another work trip later this week, so just trying to log some miles while I can.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

Aaapril....run she will

4/1 11 hrs work/dinner with friends
    4/2 4.29
    4/3 moped
    4/4 4.07
    4/5 3.12
    4/6 3.03
    4/7 4.17
    4/8 2.23

Total 20.91

Ticker is my goal for 2018 and progress to date:

exercise.png

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,988 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. Hugs and prayers to you.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 Hugs and prayers to you. <3<3<3<3

I had a big long post with comments but cut it all to concentrate on the most important.
  • ultrarunner4
    ultrarunner4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also wanted to send hugs to @eponine1984 .

• Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 406 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @eponine1984 keeping you in my thoughts! Hoping you pull through soon and have your running shoes back on in no time! <3<3<3
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Rest day today.... I hate tapering, so I'm glad my taper is over in just under 4 days.

rw4m78r7bh16.jpg

:smile: