Flying Spiders.

This better not be a real thing.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Flying Spiders.

They "fly" on the breeze with their web strings. It's terrifying. When I go hiking I take a stick and constantly wave it in front of me. Or if I'm hiking with someone, they get to walk in front.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Flying Spiders.

winged-spider-56a9a13a5f9b58b7d0fd81f8.jpg
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    bees, wasps, hornets and yellowjackets
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    tamlou89 wrote: »
    I won't go in the sea because of fish lol

Yes, fish and...whatever else lives there.
    Humans don't belong in that realm.

Also I'm afraid of cutting my feet on stuff people have dumped in to water (glass, metal)

And the thought of "buried at sea" - dead bodies, human and animal, are in the water
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of snakes lurking in my garage even though this has never happened to me before. I live in the center of town and have seen 1 snake in my neighborhood in 6 years, blocks from me and it had been run over on the street, but I always think there are going to be snakes and won't go in the garage in my bare feet. I'll barely go out there in sandals.

P.S. it's a very clean, organized, attached garage. Nearly pristine. But still.

Samesies. My snake fear isn't entirely irrational, because I'm in Texas and all of the snakes do live here, but still. I'm kind of ridiculous.

I can't even deal with pictures of snakes without getting heart palpitations. When my daughter was little, she had a book with a different animal on each page, putting its baby animal to sleep. I glued the "snake" pages together so I wouldn't ever accidentally turn to that page to see that dang Mama snake putting her baby snake to bed.

I have a recurring nightmare in which I am driving my car and there's a snake IN the car with me and for whatever reason, I can't stop the car, so I have to keep on driving while the snake gets closer and closer to me. Maybe I'm on the freeway, or the HOV lane, or my brakes aren't working, or I'm in a scary neighborhood late at night...
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    Spiders or any insect with that kinda shape it just sends chills down my spine.

Taking a shower and I think I hear something, is it someone who has broken in and will kill me while I'm washing my hair?

Feeling a bit under the weather, how long have I got left? Is it terminal? Oh no I'm going to die!!

Yup.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Dogs. I know there are a lot of dog lovers here, and I used to be one, too. But my next door neighbor had a vicious dog for several years. I kept telling him how scared I was, and he kept not believing or not caring. I used to carry a metal pole in my car and park sideways right in front of the door in the front yard to get in and out of my house. The dog was put down after it bit two people, one of whom was a 7-year old girl who had to have three surgeries and still limps. He got a felony, a $10,000 fine, lost his job, and was sued by the girls dad. And I am way more scared of dogs than is realistic.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I hate walking across metal drainage grates in parking lots because I have a fear that things are going to fly out of my pockets and drop inside.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    tamlou89 wrote: »
    I won't go in the sea because of fish lol

I won’t set foot in any water that I can see through

Oh same...I will only swim in pools, period. Snake fear strikes again I guess.

Dude. Pools are not safe. Snakes love pools - they'll get into the debris trap and then when someone jumps in and the water starts moving, that little *kitten* will swim out into the pool with you. I refuse to get into the pool until someone has checked the trap for snakes. And that someone CANNOT be me.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Pretty self explanatory, what are your irrational fears?

I have always being afraid to lick an envelope for fear that somehow I would papercut my eye ball. Until self adhesive envelopes became a thing, I would only ever tape an envelope closed.

Peel and seal envelopes are a thing already
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of causing a fire. I get stressed out thinking about using an appliance (oven, stove, kettle, hair dryer, flat iron, dryer) anything that creates heat basically, and then having to leave the house.
    I always check the stove/oven in the morning even tho I haven't used it (I know it's stupid) and if I use a hair appliance in the morning before work I bring it with me
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    A snake in the toilet. Sometimes I fear that there's a snake that might bite me on the @$$ when I sit down. ds7zd3z5lsdt.gif
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    A snake in the toilet. Sometimes I fear that there's a snake that might bite me on the @$$ when I sit down. ds7zd3z5lsdt.gif

This has never occurred to me as a legit thing that could happen. And now I'll think about it every time I sit on the toilet. Thanks for that.