JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    My younger daughter is pushing all my buttons this afternoon and I am staring at a kitchen full of chocolate Easter eggs. I am not going to eat them. It will only make me more annoyed and throw disappointment and upset into the mix.

Sorry - just needed to write that out somewhere! X
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,752 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    My younger daughter is pushing all my buttons this afternoon and I am staring at a kitchen full of chocolate Easter eggs. I am not going to eat them. It will only make me more annoyed and throw disappointment and upset into the mix.

Aren't daughter's wonderful? My youngest was the most frustrating. She was moody, cranky, a perfectionist, lovable, kind. She is an absolutely wonderful grown woman and I love spending time with her. Hang tough!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »

How old is she? My eldest (4) has been pushing all mine!
    She keeps waking EVERYONE up at 6.30am!
    I don’t mind if she just wakes me but she wakes her dad (which is like waking a lion... you don’t do it) and then her sister and then the baby!
    But only when she’s ate a whole bag of sweets and waves the wrapper in my face to wake me up.
    So I wake up to being angry at her every single day.
    She just doesn’t get that it’s not okay despite being disciplined and told over and over and over again.
  • Faebert
    Options
    She is 7, so old enough to know better! I’ve been knocking myself out doing lots of activities with them. Took her to bungee trampolining today and then swimming (because she was sad that her sister was going swimming for a play date without her). It’s still never good enough! She got it into her head that she wanted to do something that would make a big mess as I was tidying up. Big row.

We get the kitten tomorrow (not that they know). Frankly the way she is behaving right now she doesn’t deserve one! Grr! This too shall pass...
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    4. work on new quilt I am starting --- need to cut up over 400 1.5" pieces!! Am I crazy or what!! It will be a totally scrappy quilt!

6. Get hair cut/colored

Joan, yes you are crazy! BWAHAHAHAHA! However, I cannot WAIT to see this one progress. I love, love, love scrappy quilts!

I'm also going to get my hair cut/colored. I am leaving in 20 minutes and cannot wait! It is the one thing I do for myself each month that is totally selfish. I hate spending the money on it, but I love the relaxation time sitting in the chair reading a magazine! :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Wow! We have a lot of success stories on here today! Whoop whoop!

@missheidi is that tip for evening snacking from the Always Hungry meal plan? How is that going for you?

@HGSmith0920 Sounds like you had a GREAT day! I'm so glad things are going so well for you!

@Snowflake1968 Your painting business sounds really fun! Good luck!

@slittlemeister Glad you had a great weekend with BF!

@bcTRAI Are you knitting socks? My FIL used to knit socks and they were the BEST socks ever for winter sports and ice fishing! I could never ever be that creative!

@sarah74_vt I love seeing so many smiles!! You go girl!

@Bex953172 Look at you go with the water challenge! I love your new approach to meeting goals! LMAO! I think I will start not listing any either! I'm sure to be able to live up to that! hahaha! You made me laugh!

@cschmitz110515 I see all your steps and walks and I am always so inspired by all the activity you get! I think I am going to get another dog soon. I decided against a puppy because I don't want to deal with the puppy chewing and training. I've been watching the pets at PetSmart. I would love to get into the habit of walking a dog every morning before work and again at the end of the day.

I'm thinking of you all and cheering you all on from afar!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Water Challenge
    Apr 1: 6 glasses
    Apr 2: 6 glasses
    Apr 3: 6 glasses
    Apr 4: 8 glasses!
    Apr 5: 3 glasses
    Apr 6: 8 glasses!
    Apr 7: 9 glasses!!
    Apr 8: 8 glasses!
    Apr 9: 8 glasses!
    Apr 10: 6 glasses

Didn’t post any goals today
    Thinking I might just go back to calorie counting temporarily until I understand this macro stuff!
    Not sure how much water I’ve had today but I’m thinking around 6 glasses.

Casey finally got registered today!
    So have her birth certificate!

OH did the shopping. And i did the absolute tedious task of cleaning the whole fridge.
    I hate doing it. It’s in a cupboard under the stairs and when you open the door it opens fully but not wide enough to pull the shelves and drawer out so you need to shift the whole thing on an angle.
    And part of it had frozen over as the hole where excess water goes froze over and got blocked and my god it was just a mess.
    But now it’s so clean and organised.

I’m getting round the house doing all the €rally jobs. Tomorrow it’s clean the car and reorganise the kids car seats. And tidy the girls room as it’s an absolute tip!!
    And then.... the oven. Everyone hates the oven. But someone’s gotta do it!!!

So goals for tomorrow

- 8 glasses
    - Log all food - regardless of how much i eat
    - Clean girls room
    - Clean car
    - Fix pipe at the back of the house
    - Oven if I have time

*sigh* I’m tired.
  • Faebert
    Options
    I have calmed down after a lovely dinner with a friend and the chocolate remains uneaten!

Goals for tomorrow:
    - morning exercise ✅
    - 3ltr + water :| more like 2 but that’s ok I guess
    - stay within calorie goal ✅
    - Find an activity for the girls which isn’t weather dependent! ✅ shopping, bungee trampoline, swimming and a bit of arguing :D
    - Cook dinner for a friend who is coming to see us ✅
    - Online grocery shop ✅
    - Sleep by 10 :| friend just left so a late one for me

Tomorrow is kitten day so not sure how it will all pan out. Excited but a bit nervous too!

- exercise early
    - Head out for kitten stuff while sitter watches the kids
    - Take kids to my parents
    - Go collect the kitten then surprise the girls!!
    - And also try and drink water and stay within calorie goal etc etc

Night all x
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Hi kiddos. I”VE MISSED YOU ALL. I had to ‘read’ over 1500 posts to catch up. Here are some notes I made while reading thru.

Belated Happy Birthday! To @Bex953172 and Tracie (@OConnell5483) and @clicketykeys

Bex - The pic of your girls with the baby was hysterical. And I’m so impressed with how you got back to your pre-preggo weight. Good job.

@OConnell5483 when you said, “ I started therapy (lymphatic massage in my arm) and am feeling much better! …. I think you will really like how colorful it is!” My first thought was that your arm was colorful due to treatment – bruises, etc. I was thinking “Good thing she has a sense of humor about it.”

@HGSmith0920 - New job!? Yay! Thank you Hannah for sending me a PM. Your snow pics were so calming. I am so happy to read about your new job.

@cschmitz110515 - Ah CPE. I have different certification but I like to get that done well in advance.

@Toaljasa - you are so freaking positive. It is very uplifting.

@joan6630 - That quilt is magnificent. Love the border.

@Snowflake1968 - Do 10 something's every hour is a great goal.

@bcTRAI - you are right about negative words. I urge others not to do that, but then do it to myself. My page-a-day desk calendar this year is focused on positivity and I am really enjoying flipping it. I sometimes snapchat it to both my daughter and my son.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    So ... how can I log a half picture of margaritas!! :p Hubby and I started celebrating our 41st wedding anniversary early :):) But .... the good news is that I only ate half of my chicken chimigiana. But.... I just wonder how many calories I drank!! Oh well.... tomorrow is a new day!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

The last couple months (or so - it has been too long) have been a challenge but not all bad. Had some daughter troubles that made me withdraw into my shell. She got back with the a$shole and when I found out I just kinda spiraled down – mostly because I thought we were doing well and she hid it from her dad and I. It’s over again with him and I am literally praying that this time she has the wisdom to see how manipulative he is and how bad for her (or any woman.)

Contentment is provided most days by the new job and the fact that I had the sense to move when the time was right. I had my first trip to see distant staff and that went well. But I did miss my flight out which screwed up that days travel and then the airline cancelled my return flight. Had the Travel Company jump all over that once I realized it. My DH suggested mid-week that perhaps I should see if I had a way home. Thank goodness he did!

I have been eating badly. No excuses. Badly is not even the right word. I have overindulged like a Roman at an orgy. Except I have not been eating such delicacies as larks’ tongues, sterile sows’ wombs, and milk-fed snails.* No – it has been peanut M&Ms, ice cream, freaking bread and butter and large unmeasured portions of other food items that should be eaten in moderation.

While I did not mind taking a break for a while I have returned to some bad habits and must instead get back to my good habits, like checking in here.

So – JUST FOR TOMORROW
    Up at six
    Work at seven thirty
    Finish quarterly reviews
    Clear up AP issues with deceased employee payments
    Fitness blender video
    and ….. wait for it …….. 8 glasses of water!

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @junodog1 As I was reading through the earlier posts from this afternoon you popped into my head again! I AM SO HAPPY YOU ARE BACK!!!! I have seriously missed you! I thought of you often! Yes, I have a new job and I adore it! I dont think I have had a truly bad day yet! I'm so sorry you went through all of that with your DD. I went through a relationship like that and it was awful. I didnt see what was really going on until he cheated and broke up with me. My mom/friends had to drill it into my head that he really was a horrible person! I'm so glad I saw it. That was probably 10 years ago now. I know that she will see it one day(hopefully soon)! I can't stop smiling knowing that you are back! Lol.

@joan6630 and @OConnell5483 I'm getting my hair cut on Thursday. I dont think I am going to color it only because this is the first time it's been healthy in a long time. I was dying it for years and years. My natural color is finally starting to grow on me(as in, I'm starting to like it. Lol) I can't wait to get it cut. The length is driving me crazy!

@Bex953172 You do so much in a day. I dont know how you get it all done! If I had 3 girls all under the age of 5 I would absolutely lose my mind! You impress me so much! I bet they will be grateful for all the hard work you have put in when they get older. You are an awesome mom!

@joan6630 (again!) HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

@Faebert I hope you have fun tomorrow! Enjoy your new found catmommihood! We love it. Our cat, Panda, is the best thing that has happened to us as a married couple. He brings so much joy(and some aggravation) to our lives.

@Snowflake1968 I was a terror for my mom growing up. I had a whole bunch of quirks that she didnt understand. It turned out I have a mental illness. But we have a GREAT relationship now. She is really one of my best friends.

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

1. Shower before work :)Had to make it quick though so I got up late. Lol
    2. Prep lunch for the DH and I :)
    3. Work 1015-515 :)Had ANOTHER great day!
    4. Dinner/Dishes(Leftovers) :DI had rubbish. Lol. A beer and a chocolate mug cake! The DH is closing tonight so I didnt have to make dinner and I had leftovers for lunch. I didnt feel like having them again. I also am w/o my car so I couldnt go anywhere for food.
    5. Take a walk :)Only about a .5 mile but its still something. I walked around town on my break for a bit as well.
    6. Transfer $ :'(This was a total pain. I couldnt do it because of some stupid things. Will have to wait until W or Th
    7. Clean a bit :|Not yet. I will probably finish the dishes and clean off the table.
    8. Oatmeal in the CP :|Too early but I will do this around 10.
    9. Tech off by 10:30 :)Seeing as how it's only 8:30 I probably will. Lol.
    10. Bed by 11:30 :|Depends on when the DH gets home. We have some things to talk about.

I'm not sure if I mentioned that my current Branch Manager is going to be leaving the company in 2.5 weeks. My head teller(who was hired 2 weeks before me) is meeting with our Retail VP and will probably be offered the position. I found out from her that she will be telling him that she wants me to be her Head Teller! I'm totally surprised! I didnt even think about getting it. She wants there to be a plan in place of what is going to happen before she takes the position. And apparently, part of her plan is to see me get her current position. That would be amazing if I got it! So I may be getting a promotion/raise and my DH may be getting a promotion/raise in November. This will be an awesome year if this happens! Lol. I was totally stunned when she asked me if it would be okay to talk to him about it! That's one of the things I have to talk to my DH about. I haven't mentioned anything about it to him because it's too much to explain via text message. Lol.

I've also been car shopping around for when we finally get the money we are supposed to be getting! I can't begin to tell you how much I miss my car! Lol. I've been home since 530 twiddling my thumbs because I am car-less. Lol.

We got out of work at a reasonable time tonight. I think we left about 10 minutes after we were supposed to. We call that a win! We need to start doing a few of the ending day things earlier in the afternoon so that we dont have to wait for them to finish processing before we leave. I usually close up my drawer early so I think I will try to start doing them once I am done. I think that will definitely help us get out of there even quicker. Lol.

Hockey playoffs start tomorrow so that will be awesome. The Pens are playing their biggest rivals in the first round. It is going to be an interesting series. Lol.

Um...I think that is it. Lol.

Onto my list for tomorrow I suppose,

1. Up @ 6
    2. Weigh/Breakfast
    3. Pray/meditation
    4. DH up @ 730
    5. Prep lunches
    6. Bring workout clothes to work
    6. Leave @ 750
    7. Work 815-515
    8. Yoga session or gym(possibly)
    9. Dinner/Dishes(leftovers)
    10. Pens game!!!!
    11. Tech off by 10:30
    12. Bed by 11:30

I hope everyone has a great night!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »

While I did not mind taking a break for a while I have returned to some bad habits and must instead get back to my good habits, like checking in here.

So glad to see you back!! We all missed you!! We are family <3
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Water Challenge
    Apr 1: 0 glasses
    Apr 2: 8 glasses
    Apr 3: 4 glasses
    Apr 4: 6 glasses!
    April 5: 7 glasses
    April 6: 6 glasses
    April 7: 9+ glasses --- I lost track!! YAH
    April 8 - forgot to post, but I know I got in a lot. Maybe not quite 8 glasses though?
    April 9 - 8+
    April 10 --- Does margaritas count :p But .... before we went out to eat, I had drank 6 glasses

JFT, Tues
    1. go to the gym :)
    2. log all food :)
    3. do tiny habits: vitamin, :) water bottle, :) brush teeth after 7. :/ Trying to turn these into habits!
    4. work on new quilt I am starting --- need to cut up over 400 1.5" pieces!! Am I crazy or what!! It will be a totally scrappy quilt! :/ Just no time .... but plan to start this now
    5. help hubby - have to ship tomorrow. :)
    6. Get hair cut/colored :) And her her wax & color my eyebrows again
    7. write positive thoughts and concentrate on the good :)
    8. get back on here - be accountable. :)

Our 41st wedding anniversary is monday, so after shipping hubby and I went to a new mexican place -- and shared a pitcher of margaritas! Needless to say .... I know I am way over on calories. But the good news is that I ate very lightly all day, and only ate half of my meal

JFT, Wed
    1. go to the gym
    2. log all food
    3. tiny habits:
    after my shower, take my vitamin
    after breakfast, I will fill up my water bottle
    after dinner, I will brush/floss my teeth
    4. go out for a walk, or work in the yard
    5. work on new quilt project!
    6. get back on here - be accountable
    7. finish up 5 more chemo hats, and call to have them picked up

• Bex953172
    Options
    @Bex953172 You do so much in a day. I dont know how you get it all done! If I had 3 girls all under the age of 5 I would absolutely lose my mind! You impress me so much! I bet they will be grateful for all the hard work you have put in when they get older. You are an awesome mom!

They best had! I’d be seriously miffed if they didn’t :lol:

But thank you that’s a lovely thing to say :)
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. 9:00 Hospital for tests :) went well. The next bunch aren't until mid May, I think.
    4. Work :)
    5. Work on socks - need to finish and cast on a new pair before my trip in early May :)
    6. Brush and floss :)
    7. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Take recycling out
    4. Scrappy Bags
    5. Studio time
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Stick to food plan :/ I had two gins to make myself feel better after leaving work late, again. I'm making progress on the leaving work on time but some way to go yet!
    - Exercise class after work :smile:
    - Stay calm and positive :neutral: ish
    - Update to-do list :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 1 hour lunch break - catch up on life admin
    - Leave work BY 5pm (which means packing up BEFORE 5pm)
    - Tick 2+ things off personal life admin
  • Elektra73
    Elektra73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1. Log all my food
    2. Walk dogs & do Yoga for at least 45 mins tonight
  • Elektra73
    Elektra73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is anyone doing this anymore??? Come on join in!! Fitness is not just for January :D;)