Irrational Fears

Options

Replies

• orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    I have a fear of ALL pitbulls I don't care how lovely or friendly their owners claim they are. I do not want them around me.

My youngest was bitten in the face by one when she was about 3, I want nothing to do with a pit bull since then.

Oh MY Goodness. I've heard so many horror stories, I just cant trust them. I know dog lovers will frown on this but it's always, "oh no, my dog is so friendly blah blah..he/she won't bite...blah blah" until it does and takes someone's eye out. No thanks. I'll keep my distance from them.

Exactly. The dog was very well trained and well behaved up until that point. My daughter walked over to her to pet her with owner sitting right next to her and the dog didn’t bark, didn’t growl just stood up, bit her on the corner of her eye and then sat back down. We were lucky that she didn’t latch on like pit bulls are known for. The couple that owned her were about 6-7 months pregnant with their first and had the dog put down by the time we got home from the hospital. I couldn’t even blame them.

That is scary to just read about.
    My daughter got nipped on the lip but I think she intimidated the dog by getting too close. But eyes are a different story altogether.
    Hope your daughter recovered fully.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of ALL pitbulls I don't care how lovely or friendly their owners claim they are. I do not want them around me.

My youngest was bitten in the face by one when she was about 3, I want nothing to do with a pit bull since then.

Oh MY Goodness. I've heard so many horror stories, I just cant trust them. I know dog lovers will frown on this but it's always, "oh no, my dog is so friendly blah blah..he/she won't bite...blah blah" until it does and takes someone's eye out. No thanks. I'll keep my distance from them.

Exactly. The dog was very well trained and well behaved up until that point. My daughter walked over to her to pet her with owner sitting right next to her and the dog didn’t bark, didn’t growl just stood up, bit her on the corner of her eye and then sat back down. We were lucky that she didn’t latch on like pit bulls are known for. The couple that owned her were about 6-7 months pregnant with their first and had the dog put down by the time we got home from the hospital. I couldn’t even blame them.

Wow. I can't imagine how you all must've felt. They did the right thing by putting the dog down. As awful as that sounds. Dogs are not people. I know people love them and treat them like family but they are animals and if they bite and hurt a human, I'm sorry (not sorry) but they should definitely be put to permanent sleep.
  • orangegato
    Options
    Fear of someone breaking into my home at night when I am there alone.
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    I have a fear that the IT police at my office are going to let my boss know how often I'm on this website.
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    I have a fear that I'll be called on at a meeting when I'm paying no attention and have no clue what's going on.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of making telephone calls. I need to talk myself into it for about an hour and mentally prepare myself. Receiving calls is fine, no problem. But making the call is a nightmare. I break into a sweat, my heart races, I pace up and down and get out of breath. Odd

me too, ugh, the first 2 years at my current job were horrible, Im a school nurse and always have to make phone calls, I still hate it, but I dont break out into full panic mode, but I have to talk myself into it though everytime, lol
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    people knocking at my door if Im not expecting them.
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate needles and dentists. 2 Times when ive been to the dentist, the anesthesia hasnt worked at all and even though my veins really show, nobody have hit them with a needle in less then 5 tries. Once it took them 3 nurses and 10 tries and i looked totally *kitten* up when in reality i was just in becouse i had fainted.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Not long after I had seen a cheesy 50’s sci-if movie about giant crabs attacking people on a remote island, my father took us to a lake one weekend. As others have said, I wasn’t about to walk around in water when I couldn’t see the bottom. Embarrassed the crap out of him squealing my head off refusing to go in. Let’s see...that was what? Two years ago?
  • orangegato
    Options
    Fear of passing out while giving blood since it has happened to me 2x already. Maybe that is a rational fear.....
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Getting hugged by a chimp. I know it looks adorable but that *kitten* would probably *kitten* me up yo.
  • orangegato
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Getting hugged by a chimp. I know it looks adorable but that *kitten* would probably *kitten* me up yo.

It might eat your face off
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    I fear regressing
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Heights, dogs, falling to my death like off a mountain or a bridge. I'm also a bit claustrophobic.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    Fear of someone breaking into my home at night when I am there alone.

Been there, done that. Twice. It's not that big a deal. Of course, neither of them were armed and there was only one each time. So that was probably a big factor
  • Venus_88
    Venus_88 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The pharmacy in the bathroom with a mirror over it... There is always someone behind it in horrors. Or in the mirror behind you once you close it.