Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Options
    islandbeez wrote: »
    Well, I had one off week where I slipped up but it was easy to get back in the saddle. I managed to lose almost 9 pounds, but put back 2.5 pounds during my slip...which I am still holding on to :/ It's gotten to be very easy to go through the day and not think about having a drink, which is a shock and a delight! Looking forward to sharing March with all of you awesome people. It's so nice to have all of your experiences, insights and trials to share and learn from. We are not alone <3

I agree that a day will pass and you don't even think about a drink. And when you do, the desire is fleeting. Xo
    You'll get those pounds off soon! No worries. Just amp up your steps.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Let's finish out February strong! Only today and tomorrow left! :) Go team go!

We did it! Xoxo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @JulieAL1969 you are so inspiring and strong! I don't know if I could sit there and not partake with 3 bottles of wine in front of me. Maybe I am still in the stage where it requires more willpower than I have. I'm hoping the farther alcohol is in my rear view mirror, the weaker the pull becomes.

The pull or desire really does get weaker and weaker. I promise.
  • xcjumper
    xcjumper Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Last day of February!! Stats for moi....Well I did better than January but not as well as I would have liked. Made it 11 days AF for Feb. Most of my drinking days were on the weekends. Not sure why since everyday is pretty much the same around here unless I'm at a horse show. I don't think i went out once the whole month. Oh well...On to the March thread to pop in and say hi!

Great Job everybody!!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    salleewins wrote: »
    This thread has helped me tremendously!! Thank you Everyone!!

Thank you especially @JulieAL1969!!

Since being AF since January 23rd,

1. I have learned ways to stay AF
    2. Have felt the encouragement and support of this group
    3. Even if I couldn't post I read and pressed the encouraging likes etc.
    4. Have lost weight since January 23
    5. Have been happier
    6. Saved a lot of money
    7. Have been blessed to help others out more since I had more time
    8. Have planned more goals and followed through more
    9. have stopped running to the liquor store/beer store first thing in the am or every day to stock up for the day
    10. forgot how to spell liquor at times, lol
    11. not obsessed as much with thinking of drinking and had such a compulsion to drink even if I didn't want to and that is less
    12. have been calmer with people and not "reacted" in a bad, short tempered way, if people were mean (even family)
    13. have been able to go through a lot of stress and not drink
    14. have not made bad decisions while drinking since there was none
    15. remember most things I have done, except I still lose the keys, lol
    16. there hasn't been as much food binging
    17. stopped hiding empty bottles, cans from people that came over
    18. stopped breaking so many commitments with the excuse that I was sick, tired or just wanted to drink instead
    19. there hasn't been the anxiety that I would experience that I was going to die or get serious health problems because I wasn't stopping drinking heavily a lot
    20. the guilt is gone and the shame--regret is there, but I would rather just have that
    21. the house is cleaner
    21. I have a better life
    22. I have a better relationship with people in my life and able to stick up for myself gently because I feel better about myself
    23. have had fun with new hobbies
    24. taking care of all my health better
    25. I pray more
    26. I am sure there is more.

I have a ways to go, but it is and has been worth it!!

Such a wonderful list of positives! I can relate to all of them. (Especially 1, 2, 12, 14, 17, 24, and 26)
    I've enjoyed all your posts!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    A.F last 2 days of feb. Onward to march Yeah!

See you throughout March! Xo
    @NormInv I bet Mom is right!
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options

@NormInv is a babe. Moms know everything ;-)

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,295 Member
    Options
    islandbeez wrote: »

@NormInv is a babe. Moms know everything ;-)

You are a babe yourself honey!
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    4bdmizoc6nlb.png

I was wondering about the sugar content in these?
  • Pixieofmidnight
    Pixieofmidnight Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Following
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    The link to the March thread is on page 68. :)
  • DerpfaceKillah
    DerpfaceKillah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's kinda quiet in here...so I thought I'd make some noise.

Anyway, long time lurker, first time poster here. I've recently come to the conclusion that alcohol isn't the reward I think it is. It's more of a band-aid that does twice the damage when ripped off the next morning. I've been doing a lot of reading and navel gazing about this. I honestly couldn't see my relationship with alcohol as what it really is till very recently. I had trained myself to let loose on the weekends and then recover during the weekdays. So basically, I'd willingly poison myself (under the guise of a treat) and when I felt better again...lather rinse and repeat. It's kinda coocoo crazy pants when you put it that way.

But I kind of lie to myself (as I suspect many do). I do the comparative thing with other people( I don't drink as much as Phil Intheblank does, so I'm ok.) Or even with my past self (I used to drink waaay more and drank during the week too, so I'm better than I was). But I see it now...it's just self enabling and empty justifications so I will allow myself to continue on the path to nowheresville.

I don't think I'm an alcoholic, just a well trained drinker. On Thursday night (which is the start of my weekend) I hear the drink bell and mindlessly reach for drink. Followed by 5 more. My happy go lucky days are gone and it's probably time I start being more mindful of these things. At the very least, I'm going to skip it this week and see how I feel next weekend.

I'm going to just end by quoting a stupid train...I think I can?
  • RubyRed427
    Options

Anyway, long time lurker, first time poster here. I've recently come to the conclusion that alcohol isn't the reward I think it is. It's more of a band-aid that does twice the damage when ripped off the next morning. I've been doing a lot of reading and navel gazing about this. I honestly couldn't see my relationship with alcohol as what it really is till very recently. I had trained myself to let loose on the weekends and then recover during the weekdays. So basically, I'd willingly poison myself (under the guise of a treat) and when I felt better again...lather rinse and repeat. It's kinda coocoo crazy pants when you put it that way.

But I kind of lie to myself (as I suspect many do). I do the comparative thing with other people( I don't drink as much as Phil Intheblank does, so I'm ok.) Or even with my past self (I used to drink waaay more and drank during the week too, so I'm better than I was). But I see it now...it's just self enabling and empty justifications so I will allow myself to continue on the path to nowheresville.

I don't think I'm an alcoholic, just a well trained drinker. On Thursday night (which is the start of my weekend) I hear the drink bell and mindlessly reach for drink. Followed by 5 more. My happy go lucky days are gone and it's probably time I start being more mindful of these things. At the very least, I'm going to skip it this week and see how I feel next weekend.

Hi! I hope you're still lurking:) We are now on the April thread. Each month there is a new thread. It's called Less Alcohol April 2018 one day at a time. I can't attach the link, but I'm hoping you can search for it.
    I like your insights and your reflections. Xo
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

Hi! I hope you're still lurking:) We are now on the April thread. Each month there is a new thread. It's called Less Alcohol April 2018 one day at a time. I can't attach the link, but I'm hoping you can search for it.
    I like your insights and your reflections. Xo

The link is on page 68 I think. Hope to see you there!