Less Alcohol- April 2018- One Day at a Time

Replies

• SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    edited April 2018
    With all the mark zuckerberg and facebook stuff, have you guys noticed what the top ad on this page is? hmm makes you think. I'm on my computer not my phone. It may be different on my phone.

Add: It is different on my phone. No ad.
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    NormInv wrote: »
    I need to get back to dry land after my vacation.

Hope it was great.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Leeg5656 wrote: »
    With all the mark zuckerberg and facebook stuff, have you guys noticed what the top ad on this page is? hmm makes you think. I'm on my computer not my phone. It may be different on my phone.

Ads are very personalized and targeted to individuals based on your search history, key words you may have used in forum discussions, and algorithms that predict what they think you’ll be interested in. Right now I’m seeing campground ads because I was looking for a campsite for Memorial Day weekend.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Happy Hump Day! Back on track with logging, exercise, and no alcohol since last Friday. Hasn’t been a temptation, but we are finally supposed to have some spring weather here and I know when the grill is going and kids are playing in the back yard the Rose will be calling my name...
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    My goal is moderation after an almost daily habit of a glass of wine or two. After maybe 5 weeks I'm having nights where I don't even think about wine so I feel like the gate is open and I'm running free.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    also, speaking of your earlier posts do you ever get the dark chocolate peanut butter cups at TJs? Soooo good

Oh yes, exactly those. Dark chocolate PB cups from TJ's. They are perfection and a great, reasonably low cal blast of something sweet after dinner. Here's an "amusing" story (if you're not me, that is). One of the clerks there told me about a year ago that I could slow the consumption rate down if I froze them, which I did. Things went along fine for a couple of weeks until one, day, after lunch, I bit into a frozen one and cracked my front tooth. It fell out within a week and I have been in the process of a $5000+ implant ever since. I still don't have a real tooth, but on course to have one by mid May. It's been a yearlong process. So, the moral of the story is don't abuse your teeth by biting down on hard things, LOL.
  • SpanishFusion
    For the past year or so I have drank upwards of 6 ciders about 5 times a week, every week. I have not taken a vow to not drink, just became more aware of the amount of empty calories I was taking in. Today, if I don't drink tonight, will be my 7th day without alcohol. That saved me at the very minimum 5700 calories over the last week!!! When I saw this post, I was like OMG this post was totally meant for me, today. Last night I cried, fighting with myself, after cracking one open...I won, I did not drink it, and after awhile I was okay with that decision. Okay, enough rambling...thanks for this post!!!

Think about the money you saved too! I estimated that I'm saving about $50-$60 a week by being AF Mon-Thurs. Great job! There's alot of gains by being AF and Moderation! What will you do with your extra cash?
  • SpanishFusion
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Ads are very personalized and targeted to individuals based on your search history, key words you may have used in forum discussions, and algorithms that predict what they think you’ll be interested in. Right now I’m seeing campground ads because I was looking for a campsite for Memorial Day weekend.

That's true. It just freaked me out for a minute. lol.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    @Orphia

I don't know how many reasons are out there for drinking but I doubt seriously it all boils down to a single formula. By the same token I doubt I am completely unique in my particular situation.

@kittybenn

I have to live a rule before it takes hold. Luckily I am the kind of person who uses rubbing alcohol as aftershave and I don't mind going outside in the freezing cold without a jacket. To simplify I can endure just about anything if I know relief is right around the corner. I think that is the reason I can't just say no more yet. The part I really need to figure out next is how to drink less on allowance day. Last Sunday I promised myself I would drink less and before I realized it I had drank the same amount because that is how much I always drink when I drink and as I mentioned I really didn't want to drink at all but it was friggun allowance day.

The good news is that even though the plan is not yet perfect it is still working more than it doesn't and going two weeks in between is not that much of a struggle. In two months I have shed quite a few pounds too. I am already back to 2010-2011 weight with my eye on 2005ish in another few months.

Good for you on the donuts. My no-more list started about 4 years ago and it has been that long since I have had a donut. I visited sausage and half a biscuit about 18 months ago but I immediately regretted it and have not been back. I have to remind myself from time to time that it is irresponsible at my age to eat like I was still 20 and we all know I shouldn't have been eating that way then either.
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    kittybenn wrote: »
    also, speaking of your earlier posts do you ever get the dark chocolate peanut butter cups at TJs? Soooo good

Oh yes, exactly those. Dark chocolate PB cups from TJ's. They are perfection and a great, reasonably low cal blast of something sweet after dinner. Here's an "amusing" story (if you're not me, that is). One of the clerks there told me about a year ago that I could slow the consumption rate down if I froze them, which I did. Things went along fine for a couple of weeks until one, day, after lunch, I bit into a frozen one and cracked my front tooth. It fell out within a week and I have been in the process of a $5000+ implant ever since. I still don't have a real tooth, but on course to have one by mid May. It's been a yearlong process. So, the moral of the story is don't abuse your teeth by biting down on hard things, LOL.

Oh my gosh the worst! I just had a new 1400 crown done. The expense of teeth is insane!! I usually put them in the fridge :) good compromise - cold eat longer but not too hard
  • DeniseMayree
    DeniseMayree Posts: 133 Member
    [quote="Think about the money you saved too! I estimated that I'm saving about $50-$60 a week by being AF Mon-Thurs. Great job! There's alot of gains by being AF and Moderation! What will you do with your extra cash?[/quote]

That saved me $55... of course thats going towards protein shakes...lol

• SpanishFusion
    [quote="Think about the money you saved too! I estimated that I'm saving about $50-$60 a week by being AF Mon-Thurs. Great job! There's alot of gains by being AF and Moderation! What will you do with your extra cash?

That saved me $55... of course thats going towards protein shakes...lol

[/quote]

I think I over estimated. I meant per month, but still that's $50 extra this month! $600 a year! Less money on Ibuprofen too! lol!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,293 Member
    ktot34 wrote: »
    Wow Julie, I can't believe I just joined this for weightloss support and I see this post! I NEEDED this group for sure. I recently quit drinking all alcohol because I was becoming a binge drinker. Not drinking during week but on weekends it was getting rediculous! I so need support from others trying to reduce or cut out alcohol all together. Thank you!

Thanks so much! That made my day! We need each other, that's true. I think you'll find this group to be supportive and loving. xo
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,293 Member

You're so observant! I didn't notice this. Interesting:)