JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday April 14
    2L of Water -

I don’t know why this always does this when I update on my phone. I’ll have to try later

If you use the emoji's on your phone, it deletes everything you type after the emoji. I found this out the hard way many times!

Thank you! - Yes I am using emoji's that makes so much sense now that you say that!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    joan6630 wrote: »
    4. Make a batch of coffee/coconut oil/sugar shower scrub (Say that 3 times real fast! heh heh) :(Will do

This stupid Blizzard we are having really threw me for a loop yesterday. I don't even think I got off my butt until 4pm yesterday. We had over 18" of snow this morning and are getting another 11" by 6pm tonight. I wanted to get outside so badly! Just plain depressing! Even the birds are thinking WTH???

How do you make your sugar scrub? I love this stuff also -- I buy mine from my hairdresser - she sells it really cheap, like $4-6 a jar. But I don;t think she uses coffee? I know she has lots of natural ingredients in it.

Feel so bad you guys getting all this snow. This is crazy!! We are just getting rain, and it is 40 degrees! But still .... I'm like you ... I want to get outside and be planting flowers!

I still could not get on MPF with Firefox, so I took your suggestions, and am using Chrome! And that seems to be working! So thank you for that suggestion!

Maybe clear cache and cookies in settings?
    Although this was when I used older operating systems like Windows 8 lol!!

I tried this it didn't work either :(
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Saturday April 14
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :)
    Clean - :)
    Make oatmeal bars - :(
    Work on a Card and envelopes - :)

JFT - Sunday April 15
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Hopefully get a walk in
    Make oatmeal bars

I am reposting now that I have a few minutes on the laptop since Walking Dead is on.... I do not like that show, but my husband loves it. I took a walk yesterday just because it ended up being such a beautiful day, +12 in the afternoon. I walked 2.99 kms, if I had looked at the app before I finished I would have kept waking to make it 3 probably.

Today I splurged at breakfast with the grandkids, I made french toast, bacon and sausage. My Grandson doesn't think I make french toast and pancakes often enough LOL We then went for a long drive to try to get Michaela to have a nap in the car, it didn't work but we drove for almost 3 hours enjoying the scenery. We saw some geese in a field and even they were looking at the snow with a "where's spring" expression on their face.

Since I overate today and knew that I would want a snack later, I took another walk tonight and walked 3.95 Kms.
    I have been trying to change this to miles on the app, but for some reason it's not staying. I need to look at it closer.

Hope everyone had a great day
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Maybe clear cache and cookies in settings?
    Although this was when I used older operating systems like Windows 8 lol!!

My hubby did that yesterday - but it still wasn't working. I'm just happy it is working using "Chrome". I would be so depressed if I couldn't get on here anymore :'( .

It's still not working on Firefox for me either. Must be something in a new update either they or MFP had that isn's compatible.

I have seen several people in different groups who are having issues logging their food on here, so I really think it is a software issue or update issue.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    4. Make a batch of coffee/coconut oil/sugar shower scrub (Say that 3 times real fast! heh heh) :(Will do

This stupid Blizzard we are having really threw me for a loop yesterday. I don't even think I got off my butt until 4pm yesterday. We had over 18" of snow this morning and are getting another 11" by 6pm tonight. I wanted to get outside so badly! Just plain depressing! Even the birds are thinking WTH???

How do you make your sugar scrub? I love this stuff also -- I buy mine from my hairdresser - she sells it really cheap, like $4-6 a jar. But I don;t think she uses coffee? I know she has lots of natural ingredients in it.

Feel so bad you guys getting all this snow. This is crazy!! We are just getting rain, and it is 40 degrees! But still .... I'm like you ... I want to get outside and be planting flowers!

I still could not get on MPF with Firefox, so I took your suggestions, and am using Chrome! And that seems to be working! So thank you for that suggestion!

I have never made the scrub before but my daughter made some for Christmas and put it in jars. I loved it. The caffeine in the coffee helps wake you up and rejuvenate, the coconut oil makes your skin extremely soft without being greasy, the sugar helps slough the dry skin and there is also some vanilla, cinnamon and somthing else that I can't rememer (I'll have to find the recipe) that just plain feels good. The coffee grounds can make a mess in the shower, so I don't use it every day. There are quite a few sugar scrubs on Pinterest and I'm going to keep testing them until I find one I really like! I'll let you know when I stumble on the one I like best!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options

I have never made the scrub before but my daughter made some for Christmas and put it in jars. I loved it. The caffeine in the coffee helps wake you up and rejuvenate, the coconut oil makes your skin extremely soft without being greasy, the sugar helps slough the dry skin and there is also some vanilla, cinnamon and somthing else that I can't rememer (I'll have to find the recipe) that just plain feels good. The coffee grounds can make a mess in the shower, so I don't use it every day. There are quite a few sugar scrubs on Pinterest and I'm going to keep testing them until I find one I really like! I'll let you know when I stumble on the one I like best!

Since I don't like coffee, not sure how I would like it in a scrub!!LOL!!! My hairdress makes several kinds (a hand sugar scrub also which I love - and a facial one). She has been doing it for a long time, and actually sells her. The ingredient list came off the bottle ( I had it in the bathroom, and it got really oily, so I have to keep it in a different room that is not so warm). But .. I absolutely LOVE it. Makes my hand and face feel so good! Good luck with yours - love to see what you come up with!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    SO goals today are just simple
    1. LOg all food!! :)
    2. not exercising today, since I did so much yesterday, but concentrate on water :) 14 Glasses of water today!!!!
    3. tiny habits ..... after shower, take vitamin :) ; after breakfast fill water bottle :) , after dinner, brush and floss teeth :/ but .... going to do it now. I already ate a cup of pudding and a bananna, but I'll do this before I eat even more :)
    4. sew on quilt. Yes, I have 1120 little pieces all cut out, and ready to sew :)
    5. sew on a few more chemo hats :/
    6. get back on here ... be accountable :)
    7. 8+ glasses of water -- meet water challenge! :) Getting SO much better with my water - A huge accomplishment for me, since I don't like water!!

Went to my daughter tonite and we had a "cleaning" apartment! She has flooded her apartment twice, so the apartment manager asked me if we could check on things periodically, and report any plugged drains, toilet not working etc. So ... we turned it into a party, and coffee for her afterwards. Somehow, because of her anxiety, she does not report when things are broken, and disasters happen! So hoping that wont happen... and she and I spent a hour of time together.

JFT, Monday
    1. Try to log food ... but since tomorrow is our 41st wedding anniversary, I know I will probably go over ... but try not to
    2. concentrate on water
    3. do tiny habits ..... after shower, vitamin, after breakfast, fill water bottle, after dinner, brush & floss teeth
    4. get back on here - be accountabe

@Snowflake1968 - FMQ stands for Free Motion Quilting. Its where you drop the feed dogs on the sewing machine, and just slide the quilt around to sew patterns and do the finishing quilting part.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Not a very successful day for me yesterday. Got a few things done but really just let myself be lazy for a change! Think the cabin fever from being stuck in with kitty just sapped me of energy...

Sunday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - 10K+ steps (will be really really difficult as not much to do in the house now!) :/ 8k
    - 3ltr+ water (priority) :| only if you include coffee, tea, and Diet Coke!
    - Get girls’ school stuff ready ✅
    - Online grocery shop :| will do this today
    - Early night (back to work on Monday) ✅

Back to work this morning and I’m up early and ready to work out. New week, new term, weather improving. UK had a heatwave coming this week apparently, so thoughts are firmly on maintaining ready for summer outfits!

Monday goals:
    - morning workout
    - 12k+ steps
    - 3ltr water
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Online grocery shop
    - Call alarm company
    - Get pet insurance

Have a great week everyone! X
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    SO goals today are just simple
    1. LOg all food!! :)
    2. not exercising today, since I did so much yesterday, but concentrate on water :) 14 Glasses of water today!!!!
    3. tiny habits ..... after shower, take vitamin :) ; after breakfast fill water bottle :) , after dinner, brush and floss teeth :/ but .... going to do it now. I already ate a cup of pudding and a bananna, but I'll do this before I eat even more :)
    4. sew on quilt. Yes, I have 1120 little pieces all cut out, and ready to sew :)
    5. sew on a few more chemo hats :/
    6. get back on here ... be accountable :)
    7. 8+ glasses of water -- meet water challenge! :) Getting SO much better with my water - A huge accomplishment for me, since I don't like water!!

Went to my daughter tonite and we had a "cleaning" apartment! She has flooded her apartment twice, so the apartment manager asked me if we could check on things periodically, and report any plugged drains, toilet not working etc. So ... we turned it into a party, and coffee for her afterwards. Somehow, because of her anxiety, she does not report when things are broken, and disasters happen! So hoping that wont happen... and she and I spent a hour of time together.

JFT, Monday
    1. Try to log food ... but since tomorrow is our 41st wedding anniversary, I know I will probably go over ... but try not to
    2. concentrate on water
    3. do tiny habits ..... after shower, vitamin, after breakfast, fill water bottle, after dinner, brush & floss teeth
    4. get back on here - be accountabe

@Snowflake1968 - FMQ stands for Free Motion Quilting. Its where you drop the feed dogs on the sewing machine, and just slide the quilt around to sew patterns and do the finishing quilting part.

Thanks for the explanation, I have never seen a machine quilt being made, both of my grandmothers did quilting by hand. I would love to try quilting someday. I paint and scrapbook now.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Run to work
    - No alcohol
    - Be in the green with some deficit

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate at lunch
    - Do some life admin at lunch
    - Leave work by 6pm latest
    - Update calendar with green/yellow/red/alcohol units for April
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Water Challenge
    Apr 1: 6 glasses
    Apr 2: 6 glasses
    Apr 3: 6 glasses
    Apr 4: 8 glasses!
    Apr 5: 3 glasses
    Apr 6: 8 glasses!
    Apr 7: 9 glasses!!
    Apr 8: 8 glasses!
    Apr 9: 8 glasses!
    Apr 10: 6 glasses
    Apr 11: 4 glasses
    Apr 12: 8 glasses
    Apr 13: 8 glasses
    Apr 14: 8 glasses

Goals for Monday

- Be in the green today
    - Exercise
    - 8 glasses
    - Exchange clothes for different size
    - Go to pharmacy

Not much really!
    Determined to achieve it all today!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 and @cschmitz110515 we are getting your storm now. It's calling for torrential rain and thunderstorms but no snow. It's terrible that you got such a huge storm in the middle of April!

I started taking a low dose of melatonin every night before I go to bed. I think that coupled with my lack of stress has helped me to fall asleep right away. I used to have such a problem with that. I would spend at least a half an hour twisting and turning every night. I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to sleep. Lol.

I have a feeling work is going to be slow today because of the weather. My branch doesn't have a drive through so I think people will not want to battle the rain and wind to get to us. I kind of hope that's how it is.

I hope everyone is having a good morning.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Sunday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :)
    5. Groceries :)
    6. Start an order from my shop :)

JFT (Monday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Go to the gym
    6. Complete an order from my shop (maybe 2)
    7. Get down in the basement to start cleaning it out
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    JFT Monday:

1. Turn in sub plans. AM run. Call jewelers to check on ring prices.
    2. Return book to library. Doctor's appointment @ 10:00. Get xrays prior, so show up 9:30-ish.
    3. Try out the new vegan cafe for brunch and then to boxing gym for free week.
    4. Find a suit for D.
    5. Kickboxing? Dinner: Plated 1
    6. Chop celery / pack lunch for Tuesday. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:30.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    So...Just for Sunday:
    1. Journal all food :)
    2. WATER! Lots and lots of it. :(I am SO BAD at this!
    3. Control myself around GD's angel food birthday cake (with strawberries and Redi-Whip). Yummy. :)
    4. Work on quilt :(
    5. Bullet Journal :(
    6. Make sugar scrub :(
    7. Declutter something for 15 minutes :)This is why I didn't get 4, 5, and 6 done. Went way over 15 minutes!
    8. Cut up freggies and make serving sized baggies to grab this week :)
    9. Read my books and pick one new book to read for pleasure that isn't inspirational or diet related! :)
    10. Bed early, no snooze button tomorrow! :)The health organization I work for closed all their clinics until noon, so I don't report today until 11:00 a.m. Got to sleep in! Snow Day just like a kid! It was exciting. :blush:

The story of our weekend was the crappy weather. But it is supposed to be in the 40's on Friday and through the following week up in the 50's, so it should all melt fairly soon. Mother Nature just had to give us one last kick in the butt to show us she could I guess! I'm glad I didn't pack away my sweaters or boots yet!

JFT / Monday:
    1. Journal every bite, good or bad
    2. Drink water - 8 glasses
    3. No ice cream before bed
    4. Reach my step goal
    5. Put a smile in my voice and compliment someone today
    6. Work on being okay with who I am. Self-confidence.
    7. Stay focused on my goals.
    8. Count to 10 before just grabbing something to eat.
    9. Get caught up at work today. Lots of meetings cancelled, so I'm thinking it should be quiet.
    10. Bills/Budget for rest of April. Always hard when I have to submit taxes.
    11. Two things off my to-do list
    12. Evening ritual. Unplug early. Read my books and write 5 things I'm grateful for today.
    13. Prep for tomorrow, tonight

Have a wonderful day everyone! xoxox

T.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    JFT
    Missed you all!

Our school vacation trip has been cancelled due to the ice storms so just adjusting my sails LOL. Trying to stay positive.

Walk w/dog in neighborhood. Dress for the rain.
    Take DD to gym and do 5x5 Stronglifts.
    Do ab work.
    Plan out week ahead for commitments to reduce stress.
    Make stew & simmer.
    Tracked Breakfast & snacks so far.
    Meditate. 2x 15 mins each.
    Continue with decluttering. Set timer for 20 minutes.
    Read something inspirational.
    Aim for 9:45 for bedtime.

Have a wonderful start of the week!

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Saragirl2 We missed you too! Isn't it something how we grow to notice if someone isn't around and miss them even when we have never met in person? Such a nice group of friends here.

I just saw this on another thread and needed to add it here since it really spoke to me....they say you should "dress for the job you want, not the job you have" well I'm gonna try act like how I want to feel." It really struck me! Ever since I gained weight, I have been depressed and started wearing clothing that is really large to try to hide any bulges, no color...mostly black, white and grays...and have not even really spent a lot of time trying to make my hair or myself look nice. I cringe when I see myself in a mirror, and then I feel even more upset with myself. I had not noticed I was doing this because it was kind of gradual. Yesterday when we were snowed in, I put some old sponge curlers in my hair and did my make up and wore something other than old baggy clothes and I actually felt "better" about myself. I had a really nice day laughing and chatting with my DH and it made a big difference.

I really think I need to incorporate this into my days. I need to make a conscious effort to dress for the job I want (well, maybe not since I want to be retired sitting on a beach somewhere, but you know what I mean) and I need to make an effort every day to put on a happy and confident face. And I'm going to start today.

Self-confidence is something I've always struggled with. I'm 58 years old. Time to get over it. :smile:
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Sunday April 15
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :)
    Hopefully get a walk in - :)
    Make oatmeal bars - :)

JFT - Monday April 16
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Work on Manual
    Do 10 Something's every hour
    Work on envelopes at home

I weighed in this morning and have only lost 0.4 pounds I know it's a loss, but it seems to be so slow. Such a frustrating process. I guess this week, I'll just have to work harder. On a positive note, my pants feel looser so that's a good sign.

@OConnell5483 that is a great attitude to adopt. Self Confidence is a struggle of mine as well.