Less Alcohol- April 2018- One Day at a Time

Replies

• SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Did pretty good this week. A-F Mon-Wed and then 3 swallows of a hard seltzer on Thurs. Is that considered AF or not?
    Weekend moderation: 2 glasses of wine on Friday, 2 vodka and Cranberrys on Sat, and 1 glass of wine on Sun. I feel really good about it. I didn't want to go over my goals and I didn't. I was very meticulous about weighing and measuring the amount of alcohol as to not go over. I felt good in the mornings and my heart didn't upset my sleep in the nights.
    My only slip up was Thurs, but i'm happy with my best week yet. Happy Monday Ya'all!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,293 Member
    Food for thought for a Monday or Tuesday- about why we keep going back to drinking.
    https://youtu.be/9biW9TRg8U4
  • RubyRed427
    jecky74 wrote: »
    My daughter works with me and I had a particularly terrible afternoon today. When I left she said to me go home and have a drink and relax. I told her that I have been alcohol free for eight days and I didn’t want to break my streak. So now I’m home having a little bit of stress cry and drinking my flavored water. Is that more or less sad than crying into a beer? Anyway, I did resist that first drink so I will probably be fine but in the back my mind somewhere I can hear that little whispering voice saying one or two drinks later might be nice.

Stay strong! You are on a roll. You'll make it to ten days and then it gets easier. Sending you a big hug. Xo
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,529 Member
    @andysport1 I highly recommend Alcohol Explained by William Porter. Also what Julie said, the stop drinking Expert on youtube. He tells it straight with no nonsense.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Food for thought for a Monday or Tuesday- about why we keep going back to drinking.
    https://youtu.be/9biW9TRg8U4

Amazing! Thank you for sharing this! One more week and it will be 3 months AF. It is pretty much insanity to forget what is was like to be horribly drinking like I was and still think of drinking most every day.
  • RubyRed427
    @salleewins Bravo! That is so wonderful. It sure isn't easy!
    I also think every day about having a glass of something. Today, I thought about it at work. But thankfully this evening, the urge is gone.
    I'm so happy for you! What are the benefits that you gained in the last three months?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Erik our philosophies are pretty compatible. I, also, have an allowance meal once a week and I try to limit my alcohol consumption to every other Sunday (the next one being the 22nd).

I know what my weight was a few weeks ago and I know how much I lost but I am focusing on how many years I have regressed weight-wise. So I started mid February and I have lost around 8 years. The next 5 years, my first major weight goal, will not be as easy.

I am experiencing a problem though. My last food allowance involved more beef and fat than normal and apparently I have been too good otherwise and it made me sick until a few hours ago (hopefully). So I have lost my alcohol and some of my bad food tolerance. Talk about backfire... yesterday I went over my normal by about 600 and today I have only been able to eat 600 all day.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    @jecky74 Congrats on your hurdle.

Don't let those of us with an allowance influence you. For some people the answer really is never again and the answer to that is a question only you can answer. I have a long history of moderation so I am hoping that I can fully restore that but I am a work in progress and I don't have any real answers right now. I am also trying to lose weight and weekly seems too much but I am not ready for monthly yet (I think). In some ways I feel like I am Seymour in Little Shop of Horrors trying to shrink the alien plant back down to a manageable size.

Crap, now I am going to be singing "Suddenly Seymour" for the rest of the day.

LOL. Great analogy...and thanks for the ear worm!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Hi everyone!!! I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy. I have been staying pretty good with one slip up this month. I am trying to see if I can just stick to drinking one day out of the week like a Friday or Saturday and limit to just 2-3 drinks in that one evening. Looks like everyone is doing well.