Less Alcohol- April 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• DeniseMayree
    DeniseMayree Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    [quote="Think about the money you saved too! I estimated that I'm saving about $50-$60 a week by being AF Mon-Thurs. Great job! There's alot of gains by being AF and Moderation! What will you do with your extra cash?[/quote]

That saved me $55... of course thats going towards protein shakes...lol

• SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    [quote="Think about the money you saved too! I estimated that I'm saving about $50-$60 a week by being AF Mon-Thurs. Great job! There's alot of gains by being AF and Moderation! What will you do with your extra cash?

That saved me $55... of course thats going towards protein shakes...lol

[/quote]

I think I over estimated. I meant per month, but still that's $50 extra this month! $600 a year! Less money on Ibuprofen too! lol!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    ktot34 wrote: »
    Wow Julie, I can't believe I just joined this for weightloss support and I see this post! I NEEDED this group for sure. I recently quit drinking all alcohol because I was becoming a binge drinker. Not drinking during week but on weekends it was getting rediculous! I so need support from others trying to reduce or cut out alcohol all together. Thank you!

Thanks so much! That made my day! We need each other, that's true. I think you'll find this group to be supportive and loving. xo
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Leeg5656 wrote: »
    With all the mark zuckerberg and facebook stuff, have you guys noticed what the top ad on this page is? hmm makes you think. I'm on my computer not my phone. It may be different on my phone.

Add: It is different on my phone. No ad.

You're so observant! I didn't notice this. Interesting:)
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    jecky74 wrote: »
    No alcohol for two days. Guess that makes today hump day. I feel good about it. The real decision for me is when I get home. That first drink, is it water? Juice? Wine? Vodka? Whatever I start with is it for the night usually. If that first glass is water it will be all night. Just have to make one good choice and should be ok for the whole night. It has not been difficult the last two days so I’m trying not to dwell and just do it.

Jecky, I feel ya. Someone once put on here, "When you are on the tracks, it's not the caboose that kills you, it's the engine." The first drink (for me) just opens the door to many many more. Believe in your ability to make good choices! <3
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    @islandbeez

Congrats on the 80+ days. Hopefully in time your new normal will just be normal and the effort required won't be so obvious.

@WinoGelato

I think if my drinking brain ever tried that number all I have to do is think back on the times that I had anxiety attacks because I did not really want to keep doing it that frequently. Going to the store for more was, at times, brutal. I am very thankful that a recent event completely shattered my normal daily routines forcing me to adapt or I might still be a slave to a stupid ritual.
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad I left my wallet at home (I have my drivers license under my phone in my phone case) or else I very well may have went out to eat and drink. I did not however! I went home and made dinner and watched a show from last night. I also had remembered that I made an Unbreakable Vow to not drink and that really helped.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Made it through work this week so far. Within the last 5 minutes boss asks me to do an ice cream run the other day. I arranged to come in early to leave early. I also previously asked to not do non-urgent trips with my car (unpaid mileage btw). So mad. Anyways had to have sugar, but made it through AF. Also managed to get some of the Easter pounds off this week anyways! Also interviewed for a new company yesterday. We will see. I will detail examples of non-necessary trips Friday with her. Wish me the best!
  • salleewins
    Options
    How many calories are in a pina colada? | FitnessforWeightLoss.com
    www.fitnessforweightloss.com/how-many-calories-are-in-a-pina-colada/

A 12 ounce pina colada has 660 calories! On average, a pina colada has 55 calories per ounce. Roughly half of these calories (28 calories per ounce) come from sugar!

WOW.

I am buying this pineapple coconut juice instead Friday after work--maybe Knudson makes it?? I saw it in the store the other day. I have had it before and it is excellent. Pricey, but my health is priceless.
  • Cleosweetie
    Cleosweetie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great job, Julie!
  • salleewins
    Options
    Yes, Julie, Great Job! Actually that is how I have coped with people's pain as well before.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    @Julie Great job! I too come to this thread when I am feeling the urge to drink. Yesterday I wanted a chardonnay so bad but I utilized the tools I learned from others here (wait 6 minutes and the urge will pass, drink something else, you may be just thirsty etc) and the desire let up and passed. I also asked myself, "Do you really want a sleepless night and a racing heart at 2 am? Because that is what is going to happen if you open a bottle." Anyway I jumped out of bed feeling energized and happy and it's 5:30 am here. I know I would be full of self loathing and disappointment if I had caved.