25 lbs by April Fools w spreadsheet

Options

Replies

• stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,627 Member
    Options
    Yes i can get to the list, but still unsure how to record your weights,i press the pencel at the top right,then it shows me use this app at the bottom, but wen i push it, my phone says its not available. Do i need to download the list somewhere or something?
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    stella7x7 wrote: »
    Yes i can get to the list, but still unsure how to record your weights,i press the pencel at the top right,then it shows me use this app at the bottom, but wen i push it, my phone says its not available. Do i need to download the list somewhere or something?

The easiest way to use the spread sheet is with a computer rather than a smartphone (unless you get the google docs app) - a lot of users have confirmed this in the comments, I myself never access it via a phone and never have had a problem
  • stella7x7
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »

The easiest way to use the spread sheet is with a computer rather than a smartphone (unless you get the google docs app) - a lot of users have confirmed this in the comments, I myself never access it via a phone and never have had a problem

I dnt have a computer, my phones the only way to get onto everything i do. Thanks
  • JustKeepSwimming2008
    JustKeepSwimming2008 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Stella, did you download the Google Sheets app? You'll need to download the app first if you haven't already. Then go to the MFP website through the internet, not the app. Type in www.myfitnesspal.com. Then log into/sign into your MFP account on the internet, not the app. Then go to and click on the Spreadsheet link for this challenge through the MFP website you logged on to. It should automatically go to and open the spreadsheet in Google Sheets. You should be able to open it and edit it there.

I get what youre saying now about the pencil thing in the corner though, but that's because your in the app, not the website, and it won't work in the app. You can access the website from your phone, but you need to type it into your web search engine/browser. If it still doesn't work for you, no worries! We can enter it for you too. The important thing is you're (we are) checking in/weighing in and working towards our goals! xx
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,998 Member
    Options
    I think the gremlins were at work last night. The spreadsheet says I need permission to view it this morning.
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Tolamarie wrote: »
    I think the gremlins were at work last night. The spreadsheet says I need permission to view it this morning.

Same for me.
  • MarylandRose
    MarylandRose Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Same here.
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I was part of the original spreadsheet and would love to join in on this one, but I'm getting the same message that I need permission.
  • Piqueaboo
    Options
    OK, so speaking from the "creator of the spread sheet" side, every time I log into my email I have another 2-5 requests to access (I figure from non-desktop users) and it appears that one of them changed the access by accident. ANYWAY, long story short, I've disabled the access of confirmed collaborators on changing the access, and everyone should be able to use the spread sheet once again ^^

Ps: keep me updated if it works!
  • Piqueaboo
    Options
    mebelfanti wrote: »
    I was part of the original spreadsheet and would love to join in on this one, but I'm getting the same message that I need permission.

You look fantastic!! Your profile picture, girl, I'm in awe!!
  • Tolamarie
    Options
    The spreadsheet worked like a charm this morning! Thank you!
  • Merlotmom16
    Merlotmom16 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Added me! Thanks for the updated version.
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    mebelfanti wrote: »

You look fantastic!! Your profile picture, girl, I'm in awe!!

Aw shucks, thank you! Thanks for getting the spreadsheet up and running too, definitely need the accountability :)
  • stella7x7
    Options
    Stella, did you download the Google Sheets app? You'll need to download the app first if you haven't already. Then go to the MFP website through the internet, not the app. Type in www.myfitnesspal.com. Then log into/sign into your MFP account on the internet, not the app. Then go to and click on the Spreadsheet link for this challenge through the MFP website you logged on to. It should automatically go to and open the spreadsheet in Google Sheets. You should be able to open it and edit it there.

I get what youre saying now about the pencil thing in the corner though, but that's because your in the app, not the website, and it won't work in the app. You can access the website from your phone, but you need to type it into your web search engine/browser. If it still doesn't work for you, no worries! We can enter it for you too. The important thing is you're (we are) checking in/weighing in and working towards our goals! xx

Hey there, just keep swimming, I love your user name, by the way. Anyway, I think I did download google app. and did go in thru that,i did get the sheet there,but all i can do is put my weights in thru a comment area,not the actual spot. So I may just keep doing my weight loging the way I have been. Thanks for all your help. hugs
  • stella7x7
    Options
    Im 253.8, Im still gonna need help with recording my weights until I can get this figured out. im soo greatful for your help with that. Have a great Sunday my fitness pal friends❣
  • Tolamarie
    Options
    Im 253.8

Done!

• Tolamarie
    Options
    The spread sheet is working great. I recorded my big 0.6 pounds weight loss for the week this morning. :)
  • stella7x7
    Options
    Tolamarie wrote: »
    The spread sheet is working great. I recorded my big 0.6 pounds weight loss for the week this morning. :)

Thanks❣ Great loss, keep up the good work. Have a wonderful day ❣
  • Merlotmom16
    Merlotmom16 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    4.4 down overall! Kicking it on the treadmill really helped this week.
    Discovered a gluten free ultra flat bread pizza that is 260 cal for half. Tastes great by itself but even better with some added veggies. Made by DiGiorno. Yummy!
  • JustKeepSwimming2008
    JustKeepSwimming2008 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, if any of you are interested in a little extra support/accountability, or just looking to try something new to motivate you, and might be interested in taking part in a weight loss challenge, one of my favorites is starting again this Thursday! It's called "Hello, Summer Body!" -a weight loss challenge', and it goes for 16 weeks. I did the Spring challenge previously. I love that it's low stress, but really motivating at the same time. This is the challenge that helped me lose 25+ lbs and I'm so happy Kristen is doing another one! It's only open for a little while (maybe til monday?). Then it's locked and becomes Private so only the people who Joined the group can read the posts. And Stella, in this challenge, the person (Kristen) that heads this challenge does the spreadsheet weekly. We just weigh in once a week in the challenge thread. And she does the rest for us! <3

Also, a few weeks ago I joined the Amazing Race Weight loss Challenge too for the first time and it is soooo fun! Its a team effort and we do different challenges and chart "miles" via how many exercise minutes we log as we compete with other teams. We're 'in a different country' every week...and it's, well...Amazing! I'm seriously impressed with how much detail the AR planning group puts into the Weekly challenges. This one fills up fast, but they recently posted that they are still taking names for the Waitlist, but it sounds like people are moved pretty quick from the waitlist to a team.

I just thought I'd mention them to you guys as I've heard some people struggling with motivation and frustration in some of the threads I follow...I know I do at times! Lol. So maybe check 'em out (or any challenge for that matter) if your interested in trying something new to kick start weightloss