CHALLENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge! THanks Athenowho! Probably the most difficult yet.
  • MakinMoves
    MakinMoves Posts: 364
    Options
    Sounds Great! Thanks For Putting A Challenge Together This Week!!!!
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have really been struggling with this lately but I'll do my best. I had a question through, I'm always a bit over on my protein but I thought that was a good thing. As long as its lean protein though.
  • dmnosu17
    dmnosu17 Posts: 55
    Options
    looks like a great challenge! Thanks for putting it together
  • dmnosu17
    dmnosu17 Posts: 55
    Options
    looks like a great challenge! Thanks for putting it together
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm loving this challenge! This outta motivate me to stop eating crap.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE:
    This week is a nutrition challenge, just like Fitness is a big part of losing weight, so it was you eat! Since today is Tuesday we'll start Wednesday because I know some of you are overseas.

All right I need you to fill out your own nutrition info from MFP

NEEDED:
    Calories
    Carbs
    Fat

Optional (must pick one or all 3 of the following):
    Protien
    Sodium
    Fiber

or you can add your own, if you'd like.

The way it works is stay in the green on your food diary! Simple as that. So when filling out your sheet all you need to put in is how many green or red numbers you had. If you stayed in the green in calories, carbs, fat, protein, and fiber but were in the red for sodium, then you get 5/6 points. Easy right?

Now I know for some of us this is difficult to keep track of everyday, I just hope you try and that is why you also get 1 cheat day! (to use when ever you like) So you only need to do this for 4 days (doesn't sound to bad right?)

Now for your weapon (or your mini goal for the week) I hope you do pick a fitness like 10 minutes of yoga every morning, or 10 miles in 5 days or something like that.

Keep in mind for most people going into the red on protein and fiber are fine, or even good. I expect to go red on protein every single day. So I would consider taht a success.
  • Theweebarrell
    Theweebarrell Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    sorry to be a pain, when you are viewing the spreadsheet are their meant to be other members on it too or just your own, and can others view it. Also is there an easy way to access it as i have always got to copy the link then paste it into google
  • MakinMoves
    MakinMoves Posts: 364
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Just wondering if anyone was up for a good ol' Zombie Dance this morning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

Haha...Enjoy Your Day & Raid That Grocery Store With Purpose!
  • sbrown6
    Options
    CHALLENGE:
    This week is a nutrition challenge, just like Fitness is a big part of losing weight, so it was you eat! Since today is Tuesday we'll start Wednesday because I know some of you are overseas.

All right I need you to fill out your own nutrition info from MFP

NEEDED:
    Calories
    Carbs
    Fat

Optional (must pick one or all 3 of the following):
    Protien
    Sodium
    Fiber

or you can add your own, if you'd like.

The way it works is stay in the green on your food diary! Simple as that. So when filling out your sheet all you need to put in is how many green or red numbers you had. If you stayed in the green in calories, carbs, fat, protein, and fiber but were in the red for sodium, then you get 5/6 points. Easy right?

Now I know for some of us this is difficult to keep track of everyday, I just hope you try and that is why you also get 1 cheat day! (to use when ever you like) So you only need to do this for 4 days (doesn't sound to bad right?)

Now for your weapon (or your mini goal for the week) I hope you do pick a fitness like 10 minutes of yoga every morning, or 10 miles in 5 days or something like that.

Keep in mind for most people going into the red on protein and fiber are fine, or even good. I expect to go red on protein every single day. So I would consider taht a success.

You can change your nutritional goal settings to customize them. They default to 55% carbs. I have mine changed to 40% carbs/40% protein/20% fat. Just go to Goals -> Change Goals -> Custom Settings
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    Options
    If you notice everyone Fiber and Protein are listed with Sodium under "Optional" pick one, pick one not on the list (I don't know, iron?) or pick everyone you can track on MFP, but you need to track at least 4!

At the end of the week I'll take your total for 4 days (or 5 if you chose to not use your cheat day), I'll take the overall percentage and award points accordingly.

Does that make sense? I don't have the best grammar.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

You can change your nutritional goal settings to customize them. They default to 55% carbs. I have mine changed to 40% carbs/40% protein/20% fat. Just go to Goals -> Change Goals -> Custom Settings

Even if you reset, I assume you're going red on those most days - because you generally want to eat AT LEAST that amount, as opposed to calories and fat where you want to eat NO MORE than that amount.
  • ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    Hey guys. Sorry about being gone. I've already spoken to Athenawho and Mrtentaclenun about this but its time to fill you kiddies in because, finally, I've gotten time to type this out.

In short, Athenawho will be taking over this challenge because both myself and mrtentaclenun have been swarmed by life. If either of us had known that these things were going to happen within these 15 weeks then this challenge would have never been created. If anyone is willing to step forward and help Athenawho out it would be greatly appreciated. Also this means that if anyone is interested in stepping forward as either Ranged or Melee's captains please offer. I'll try to help out when I can.

Here is a bit more of an in depth look at what is going on in our lives. Don't feel the need to read but I figured that I at least owe you guys an explanation for those who want it... Both mrtentaclenun and myself have suddenly been swarmed with a bunch of unsuspected things which really require our attention. Mrtentaclenun has been searching for another job for a while now and finally has been hired at a second job which is demanding her full attention while she also goes through quitting her second job.

As for myself there are a few developments. Excuse it being choppy, please. First and most importantly my girlfriend, by some miracle, is able to afford her medical treatment. Apparently the pharmacy offered her some type of coupon to make her medicine (which we figured out was around $100,000+ for only 6 months of treatment) a grand total of $35 a month! Except her visits to the doctor for her testing and whatnot will still cost an arm and a leg. While going through treatment she will be spending her income completely on her doctors visits and tests. And with one of the two girls other than myself that do my job will be quitting I have been offered her hours instead of hiring another person. I cannot refuse the hours and I'm going to take those hours to try and bring in more money, save for my move next year and help my girlfriend through this difficult time. Also school will be starting up for me in the next few weeks. If my hours were to stay the same as before (actually they were intent on pulling back to spend more time in school) and I was to start school this would have been completely possible to continue but with my girlfriend going through this I feel I should be spending my spare time with her and hoping to help with the stress both emotionally and financially. Whether it is taking her to the doctor or just trying to make her feel well (we've heard treatment for the next six months to a year will make her feel like she has the flu) I want to be there. So, for me, life has to come first. I'm sorry guys.
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    acowboykid: so sorry to hear that you have so much going on right now. I hope the treatment goes well, i can't imagine how difficult it must be for both of you. Take care if yourself try not to work too hard you will be no use to anyone if you make yourself sick x
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    bump, i keep losing this one
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    Options
    Ok everyone, we are still looking for people to help me if anyone is interested in helping that would be amazing....really amazing!

Now...Don't worry about this week too much, this is a transition week for me running this comp and it's a little stressful, what with work....

Anyway, I honestly don't have the links to your spreadsheets, if you want to forward me the messages that ACowboyKid sent you with the initial link so I can check your progress. Thank you. If anyone would like to volunteer to do the spreadsheets or help come up with some challenges, that would be wonderful. Also we could use team Captains for Melee and Ranged.

Here's the challenge since tomorrow is going to be too crazy for me to post anything...also, hopefully if everyone gets everything to me by Tuesday, I'll post the totals then.

Week VI - THE EYE OF THE TIGER

The faint moans of the undead slowly crept through the valley where the survivors were packing up their gears. A few ears perked up, fear covering their faces. One person said, "Don't worry about it, we'll be out of here before they get close enough."

They continued packing, the moans growing louder and louder. Their hands moved fast, packing their bags but before they could run away from the mountains, there was a group of 1000 or so zombies, blocking their paths. They could go back through the mountains, they way they came, there was no problem out-running them...but they would waste a few days of travel just to get back to were they are.

Suddenly, one of the survivors drew their gun, cocked it and shot one of the undead square in the forehead. "Let's do this!" They yelled.

THE CHALLENGE:

All right, so this is the first big fight. I have a strange fitness goal for you all this week:

I want you to punch the air in front of you (you can choose to hold weights, water bottles, or hold nothing at all) . I want you to do at least 100 punches a day,

Then i want you to lay down on the ground, propping yourself up on your elbows, bend your knees and take turns extending them (whats it called, bicycles?) 50 rotations (left leg, right leg, count 1, left leg, right leg, count 2...)

Sorry this isn't well informed exercises, I'm still new to this.

So I want you to do this 5 times this week (that's 2 days off) I feel like 100 and 50 are do-able numbers, however if you don't think it is challenging enough, do more or when you do them use weights or if your doing the legs and want a better work out, try putting something heavy (like books) on your stomach.

Again, I'm sorry for how bad I am at this. This is the first challenge I've ever been a part of and now I have to try and keep it going. I know we are losing people, and I'm very sad to see that. Please don't leave because of how bad I am at this, I'm trying to get better! It just might take a couple of weeks until I get this up to par.
  • sbrown6
    Options
    Thanks, Athenowho for stepping up! That is very cool of you and much appreciated! I will forward my spreadsheet to you but not quite sure how to enter this weeks data.

For now, here is where I stand for this week:

Thur
    under on cals, carbs, protein, sodium. over on fat

Fri

Sat

Sun

I completed my min challenge of 10 miles on teh treadmill.

Thanks again!
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rikki for stepping up again this week. You're doing a great job! I sent you my spreadsheet, let me know if it doesn't work.

Also, should we try to get a headcount for all of the teams? Have a lot of people dropped out?
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge again this week! :)

As for the previous challenge, I did well. I went over my sodium one day, but other than that, all was well. I also completed my mini goal of drinking 8 glasses of water a day and getting some walking in every day.

This week, it's on.

Also, we need new captains for team Ranged and Melee? Did the old ones drop out, or...?
  • sbrown6
    Options
    I forgot to add that my weight is now 227.4.