CHALLENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Those charts are gorgeous, thanks for doing all of that!!! also, great job team explosives!! I'm so proud of everyone!

It might help and be way less confusing if team members report only to captains, then captains give the final report to whoever is going to do the charts each week. Maybe a person on each team could be designated as "back up captain" for whenever the captain is out of town, etc.? Fabulous job though, there are bound to be hiccups at the beginning of such a big challenge!!!! :):)

I agree. I think posting each day in the forums is a little confusing. Why not put all the info (how you did on challenges and current weight) into ONE message to your captain on the due date? That way the captains are not spending so much time combing through their inboxes AND main thread AND team thread AND profile walls AND . . . . thoughts on this idea?

Everyone: awesome job on the stairs! I'm really impressed. I noticed that later in the week, I'd climb up maybe 30 steps before I realized it. I wasn't huffing and puffing and my legs are definitely stronger!

And, THANK YOU so much for how much time and energy and skill you are putting into making this exciting and fun. I love the story and the charts and the graphics! Man, you guys have outdone yourselves.

DO NOT put up with the negativity. You ain't no one's mama (at least on MFP). No hand-holding. Either people *want* to do this or they don't. And if they don't want, I'm sure there are others with better attitudes who would like to get onto a team.

Not trying to sound as mean as that last little bit sounds, but, uh, I teach elementary school. And, my kids would not get away with that type of commitment and/or attitude. Just sayin'.

<3 GMouse
  • Chelle_D
    Chelle_D Posts: 33
    Options
    Okay, I'm confused. I weighed in early, but didn't find my name on the charts. Have I been kicked off???
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Those charts are gorgeous, thanks for doing all of that!!! also, great job team explosives!! I'm so proud of everyone!

It might help and be way less confusing if team members report only to captains, then captains give the final report to whoever is going to do the charts each week. Maybe a person on each team could be designated as "back up captain" for whenever the captain is out of town, etc.? Fabulous job though, there are bound to be hiccups at the beginning of such a big challenge!!!! :):)

I agree. I think posting each day in the forums is a little confusing. Why not put all the info (how you did on challenges and current weight) into ONE message to your captain on the due date? That way the captains are not spending so much time combing through their inboxes AND main thread AND team thread AND profile walls AND . . . . thoughts on this idea?

Everyone: awesome job on the stairs! I'm really impressed. I noticed that later in the week, I'd climb up maybe 30 steps before I realized it. I wasn't huffing and puffing and my legs are definitely stronger!

And, THANK YOU so much for how much time and energy and skill you are putting into making this exciting and fun. I love the story and the charts and the graphics! Man, you guys have outdone yourselves.

DO NOT put up with the negativity. You ain't no one's mama (at least on MFP). No hand-holding. Either people *want* to do this or they don't. And if they don't want, I'm sure there are others with better attitudes who would like to get onto a team.

Not trying to sound as mean as that last little bit sounds, but, uh, I teach elementary school. And, my kids would not get away with that type of commitment and/or attitude. Just sayin'.

<3 GMouse

I like the idea of letting the Captains decide how they want the info and then they are responsible for posting the official weekly stats.

Has anyone ever used GoogleDocs before?
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Okay, I'm confused. I weighed in early, but didn't find my name on the charts. Have I been kicked off???

No, your not kicked off. You replaced Cobylea and she is still on the charts. They should get in for sure this week :)
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all 3 teams. That was a lot of stairs. Keep it up for next week!
  • Faete
    Faete Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone! :bigsmile:

And thank you so much for all the creativity and hard work that is going into running this challenge, it really is motivating and much appreciated. :heart:

Fae XX
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone, great results especially team explosives. Hope this weeks challenge gives us all that extra little push.

At the end of the challenge i think it's best if you send all your totals plus weight in a message to Atentaclenun so she has it all in one place, i think she did an amazing job considering it was the first week theres always some creases to smooth out on projects like this!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Good job Explosives! But we're kick your collective hineys next week! :)

Thank captains, you guys are rocking and the charts look wonderful!
  • ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    Hey guys! Anyone else feel like the zombies on the results group thing look like they are cheering? Kinda... Okay... maybe looking for flesh but it cracks me up every time I see it.

So just wanted to let you guys in on the update for the challenge. Since so many people have contacted me saying that option A is too difficult of a challenge I dropped it down from 5 miles to 3 miles. I had made it harder since so many people went above the requirements for the previous challenge and this is suppose to be a push for you guys too. But I get that some people have physical limitations and others don't have the time in their day to squeeze in a 5 mile walk. So instead it'll be 3 miles. For option B people are able to jog in place as well or break up their jog into segments to squeeze it into their daily life. Jogging in place will require you to jog for 12 minutes and even with that I'm hesitant because I feel that jogging in place does not work you as hard as actual jogging.

Now I'd like to announce the departure of jagrib0112 from Melee, manny_bee from Melee, amber_bamber from Melee and xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx from Explosives. Hope you guys have good luck and keep in touch! I've sent out messages to the next three on the waiting list to see who is going to jump in this week and when I get conformation messages that they're interested I'll post them in the team threads.

Here are what teams look like this week along with the updated waiting list =]

RANGED: PACKING HEAT
    1. [captain] mrtentaclenun
    2. sbrown6
    3. glittermouse
    4. LadyTep
    5. mousumi30
    6. sweetseraph7
    7. jenfunfur
    8. WinnieX
    9. egallelli
    10. ladychi306
    11. nikki8marie
    12. ericjcook
    13. beckyard
    14. MakinMoves
    15. Kalrez

MELEE: BLUDGEONED AND BUTCHERED
    1. [captain] ACowboyKid
    2. markaylarenee19 (?)
    3. hush7hush
    4. maremare312
    5. Faete
    6. missxchelly
    7. Jessamin
    8. purplepudding
    9. FeverRN
    10. dmnosu17
    11. trishtrish84
    12. LadyPHX (?)
    13. str0nger
    14. KayyB13
    15. bubblesburst80 (?)

EXPLOSIVES: AIM TOWARDS ENEMY
    1. LASH3S
    2. miw14
    3. scantrll
    4. makena78
    5. jennyisbusy
    6. Chelle_D
    7. annacataldo
    8. DeviantDarkwolf
    9. brokenxglass
    10. babybluz33
    11. gnoccola
    12. agreenmess
    13. sineadgrowden
    14. Theweebarrel (?)
    15. [captain] athenawho

WAITING LIST:
    1. xtokayx (SW: 186.7lbs)
    2. tameko2 (SW: 189lbs)
    3. mmiiaa
    4. zenzoes
    5. Liz_White

And sorry all my updates and stuff are so long. I'll cut it out and get straight to the point eventually.

We're gonna toss around what exactly to do about the teams reporting in their challenges asap. Initially we wanted everything to be sent to us formally on the due date in one message but we were being loose about that letting people post as well. Apparently with this number of people that is not going to work. I'll chat with mrtentaclenun about it on Thursday (I'm so excited to see her! Haven't seen her in 2 years!) since shes the one doing the charts and I'll figure out exactly whats going on once and for all.

ALSO I JUST WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW THAT I ADORE YOU GUYS AND I'M SORRY THIS WEEK HAS BEEN CONFUSING! <3

Summary:
    - Option A is now 3 miles with the strength training.
    - Option B allows jogging in place but only if it is done for 12 minutes per mile.
    - Teams updated. Some people left, waiting to find out whose coming in from the waiting list.
    - I'll figure out exactly whats going to happen with reporting in challenges. Sorry about this guys!
    - and I <3 you guys. I'm sorry its been confusing.
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options

I had you on my spreadsheets!! I just forgot to change your name on the chart, I am so sorry :( I'll fix it for next week!

Also, I love the idea of messaging me on the day its due your totals. Sending me messages throughout the week about weight loss gets confusing.
  • Chelle_D
    Options

I had you on my spreadsheets!! I just forgot to change your name on the chart, I am so sorry :( I'll fix it for next week!

Also, I love the idea of messaging me on the day its due your totals. Sending me messages throughout the week about weight loss gets confusing.

No worries!!! We'll know for next time! :)

Thanks for all your magnificent hard work!!!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Better watch out Acowboykid - I think mrtentaclenun intends to punch you in the butt. Maybe you should stash a hubcap in your pants.

Go Team :explode:
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    Options
    Sorry this is a little late, but Congrats to everyone on all 3 teams for your amazing work!

The charts look amazing! I'm feeling the pressure to push myself to be better this week :)

Go Team Explosives!!!!!!!!

:explode:
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that some people have dropped now that walking/running is involved. =(
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that some people have dropped now that walking/running is involved. =(

really? that's sad. After just two days of walking (just over seven miles) I weighed in and had lost 3 pounds. I'm loving ths challenge. I hope we do another walk/jog one!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options

really? that's sad. After just two days of walking (just over seven miles) I weighed in and had lost 3 pounds. I'm loving ths challenge. I hope we do another walk/jog one!

Congratulations! You're going to destroy everyone else when weigh-in arrives! I like this challenge too. I haven't done any running in a while and love how really sore my feet are. Will be a struggle tomorrow enduring the pain but fun as well.
  • ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    Better watch out Acowboykid - I think mrtentaclenun intends to punch you in the butt. Maybe you should stash a hubcap in your pants.

O.o I'm gonna get punched in the butt?! o.o
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    Options

O.o I'm gonna get punched in the butt?! o.o

That such a strange place to get punched...haha, it made me giggle :) <cause I just pictured a person punching someone in the butt....haha
  • Chelle_D
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while. I was recently put in an intensive outpatient program in the hospital, and it's been taking all my time. Thus, I'm going to have to respectfully drop out of the challenge. My thanks to you all for being so sweet and allowing me to take part in this as I was able to. Please take care.
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Sorry to disappoint, I forgot to punch acowboykid in the butt while I was there but I did jump into her arms!