CHALLENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    ready & waiting for new challenge, what time you posting it?
  • ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    CHALLENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD --- WEEK II

My Word is still down so excuse bad English, spelling issues and stuff. Thanks!

THE STORY

This room was your safety and outside that door was a nightmare. Venturing from the room was probably one of the hardest things you had ever done. Your heart was in your throat and racing. Every little noise of the building and the moans being carried up on the wind and through the broken windows of the building made you jump. You could feel the tension in the air as everyone waited for these ghouls to rip through the small group of 15 and shred them all to pieces. Except they never came. For some reason the floor was completely barren of the undead but they had been there. Bloody hand prints and spurts of blood stained the wallpaper and carpeting and shards of glass from broken in windows littered the ground. Occasionally as the group passed an open room you could see in the faint light from the windows you could make out the remains of something being torn apart but was not enough of a something to reanimate.

It didn't take long to come to the door that was the stair well. The small window in the door showed the pitched darkness inside due to the lights of the city going out a day prior. Well, other than the glowing room of the building visible through the safe room everyone had been in earlier.
    "Its too dark. We can't see anything," whispered a voice from the crowd.
    "Its the only way down," answered another.
    "But what if they're in their?"
    "We have no other choice. We just have to," and the person pushed the door open. Everyone held their breath but the only thing that swelled up through the darkness was the uneasiness accompanied by the silence and stale metal smell of the stair well. Whether the metallic smell was due to the building or blood nobody was sure. People then began heading down, hesitant at first but then soon everyone was racing down.

You could see through the door windows leading into the halls like the one you had come from above except these halls were not as vacant as the one above had been. In some you could see the occasional ghoul shuffling through the blood stained hallway, one had a group of at least twenty fighting to crouch on the ground shoveling the remains into their mouths. Others were stuffed full of the undead. Luckily the darkness of the stairwell shielded you from their undead eyes and the heavy doors kept your movements silent and your scent hidden.

TEAM EXPLOSIVES (exit cobylea, enter Chelle_D)
    Cobylea raced down the stairs and reached the floor first whipping around the corner of the stairs but suddenly a loud moan erupted from the darkness. Bloody hands seized her as a shredded and bloody ghoul latched onto her shoulder ripping her flesh. A scream erupted from her echoing through the stairwell sending pure terror into the hearts of every team member lost in the dark and confused by the echo. Suddenly the door to the stairs swung open and light flooded the dark stairs. Chelle_D raced through the door with a raised crowbar smashing it into the ghoul and freeing Cobylea who by now had fallen limp and conscious. Without a word Chelle_D raised the bar and brought it down making sure Cobylea would not become one of them.

"Who are you!?" Shouted someone from the team but before Chelle_D could answer someone from the team shouted "Their coming!!!" Surely the commotion had alerted the horde. A scream erupted from the group and someone began to cry seeing ghouls running towards the lobby doors smashing into the glass. "Follow me!" someone shouted and the team bolted from the stairway, down a hall to the left and out into a back ally behind the building out into the infested street swarming with undead.

RANGED/EXPLOSIVES
    The team raced out of the stairwell terrified to emerge but more scared of remaining in the darkness. The lobby was full of the undead which quickly took notice of the living meal entering their domain. A moan erupted from a ghoul and the heads of the creatures rolled, dead eyes fixing on the group. "Go go go!" shouted someone from the team as they started pushing people towards a hallway to the left and out through the back alley and out into the infested street swarming with undead.

----

CHALLENGE:

This week we have two options to choose from for challenges seeing as we have many different people of different physical abilities. Option A will be easier for those who are not as fit but it will take longer. Now if you already do these tasks in your routine or in your daily life then please tag these on as addional workouts seeing as this is suppose to be a challenge and not doing so pretty much makes it pointless. Also please choose a weight that works you, everyone is different and some will find 5 lbs difficult while others may find 35lbs difficult. Also all of these exercises can be done with items from your home but weights will make it work better for you.

Option A. You'll be walking through the city to escape into the countryside. You must walk 5 miles daily from the weapon supply store off to a small cottage just outside suburbia which will be the team's safe house. Meaning that this week you'll be traveling 35 miles total at a walking pace. Please try to keep it around dog walking pace around 3mph. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, since those deciding to flee faster will be attracting the attention of more of the undead horde before they even know there are others you'll be fighting off fewer zombies. You'll be required to do 30 reps of one arm dumbell rows, dumbbell streight punch and cross wood chops every other day in addition to your regular strength training regemin (easily divisable into 3 sets of 10 reps, modify as you see fit).

Option B. You'll be running through the city to escape into the countryside. You must jog 2 miles daily from the weapon supply store off to a small cottage just outside suburbia which will be the team's safe house. Meaning that this week you'll be traveling 14 miles total at a jogging pace. You will be attracting the most attention of the undead horde since you will be the first traveling through the city drawing their attention. You're required to do 45 reps of one arm dumbbell rows, dumbbell streight punch and cross wood chops every other day in addition to your regular strength training regemin (easily divisable into 3 sets of 15, modify as you see fit).

ALSO, everyone must decide their weapon for this week meaning they choose their own individual mini challenge for themself. Like for example, if I were to decide I wanted my 'weapon' to be to drink more water this week then I will call it my sledge hammer. Then when I complete my workout for the day I will say I ran and that I used my sledge hammer for the day. Every week you can change your weapon or goal that your weapon represents. Just a fun idea. Please submit your mini goal on your team's thread for the captain to keep track of then please update it as you would your regular physical challenge showing if you completed it every day of the week or not. This is you arriving at the weapon supply which will not be written out.

HAVE FUN GUYS!
    Please let me know any questions that you guys have because I want to make sure that everything is clear. Also I am releasing this a bit early instead of 6a since I decided to head to the gym.
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    Also just to let you guys know that if you cannot do jogging for leg/knee issues but want the increased intensity of option B you can try using the elliptical for the same distance as long as it is a hard workout for you and goes for 2 miles.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    So, just to be sure I get this, is the second challenge running from Monday the 18th through Sunday the 24th?

Thanks again for all the work you are putting into this!
    ~GM
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    So, just to be sure I get this, is the second challenge running from Monday the 18th through Sunday the 24th?

~GM

same question here because the other team leader (sorry I forget her name right now), posted saying that she needed everyones weight by monday 9pm est, and that when we report our weight to report our steps as well; so I thought we had until monday at 9pm est to do stairs; and then sunday night rolls around and we are suppose to be reporting our stairs, and then reporting our weight by 9pm monday est...

I think having weigh in day the same day as when the challenge is over would be much easier. I thought regular weigh in/challenge day was tuesday because the other team captain said she needed the weighins/stair count by 9pm est monday, a day early for this one time only, due to a trip to michigan and not being able to get online tuesday, and she apologized for the early cut off... so i thought the new challenge wouldnt be announced until tomorrow, but we needed to finalize everything today, not yesterday. im still very confused over the whole thing. My final stair count was luckily 2200 (i thought i had today as well to work on stairs, wanted a 2500-3000 stair count), so i did finish in time (was just trying to work in extra for my team). And my final weigh in was 264.6; a 5.4lb loss; I weighed the same yesterday so if yesterday was the weigh in cut off, then the numbers r still the same; was hoping to see more of a loss today, but i still did great for the week!
  • agreenmess
    agreenmess Posts: 94
    Options
    Id also like it if someone can confirm this as im getting really confused with the timings (might have to do with being in the UK though) :)
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    WEEK 1 RESULTS:

Congratulations to Team explosives! You BLEW the other two teams away in regards to stairs and to weight loss!

Congratulations to str0nger! You lost the most weight this week! You are starting to look less delicious to the zombies :)

Congratulations to brokenxglass, you climbed 9,800 stairs this week! Looks like you booked it out of that building!

As an entire group we lost 76.1 pounds! I didn't even bother counting how many steps we did as a group, if someone wants to add it all up feel free!

Here are our results are a group:

week1results.jpg

And explanation of how I added up points. If you went above 1800 steps, you got 10 points. Any less than that then I estimated, for example if you did around 1400 I gave you 8 points, around 1000 you got 5, etc etc. I would also like to note that brokenxglass got 5 extra points for finishing the most steps, and team explosives as a whole got an extra 5 points for one of their members finishing 1800 first.

Here are individual results:

Team Ranged:
    rangedsheetweek1.jpg

Team Melee:
    mellesheetweek1.jpg

Team Explosives:
    explosivessheetweek1.jpg

I am so impressed with all of you guys! You all put in such an effort and really killed it with the stairs. I can't wait to see what we do these next weeks with the challenges.

I was really sad to have to give so many 1 pound penalties. PLEASE make sure the following Mondays that you give me your weight AND your challenge results ASAP. I will NOT be posting so many times on my page asking for you guys to do such, you're on your own.
  • miw14
    miw14 Posts: 43
    Options
    I did 9800 stairs. Not 5820
  • mrtentaclenun
    Options
    I received several messages about the results. I looked through the forums, I looked through my messages, I looked on peoples walls, I looked on my wall, I looked on the main thread. I am sorry if I missed people, its a hectic night for me preparing to fly out in the morning. I spent several hours skimming through everything and trying to get people to message me. I am sorry for those I missed and sorry for those I didn't see.

From now on, message me with your final weight and challenge status on monday. I am starting work next week and cannot spend hours every monday looking through every thread just to see who posted what results.

I am really sorry again for those that I missed but I really did my best. Please forgive me, next week will be better!

EDIT: Acowboykid said that challenges results should be completed and sent in sunday night. That way monday I can stress about weights and putting the charts together.
  • annacataldo
    Options
    Why did lash get penalized...she weighed in!! Early, not late
  • mrtentaclenun
    Options

I looked through my messages and did not see Lash anywhere except to tell me her starting weight. I already apologized for missing people.

Edit: I will not have my laptop all week. All I can do is redo the charts Sunday and then do another set Monday. I would much rather relax from my 12 hour drive back but if it will avoid people getting angry and dropping out then fine. Just send me your weights and your challenge results if I got you wrong
  • KayyB13
    KayyB13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your hard work!! The charts look amazing! :)
  • mrtentaclenun
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your hard work!! The charts look amazing! :)

Thanks. I feel horrible for missing so many people and messing it up though. Just really frustrated with this whole thing right now :( At least those who I penalized but actually lost will show a really big loss next week!
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It looks amazing to me! You went above and beyond what I expected out of this. Thank you SO much. :heart:

I hope you have a GREAT trip this week and safe flights to and from home. :flowerforyou: I hope you have a stress free time of it and don't worry about any negativity from this. There's always some growing pains at the beginning of a project like this while everyone is trying to figure out when they need to report and to whom they need to report, etc. Its a game, and I for one thank you for the hard work you're putting in!
  • mousumi30
    mousumi30 Posts: 52
    Options
    first of all you did an amazing job with the result s, it is looking great, congratulation to the team explosive, we did not do too badly either, lets all pull in together so we can win next week
  • sineadgrowden
    Options
    awesome thanks heaps for everything mrtentaclenun the charts are awesome...:happy: hope u have a good flight dont stress to much :flowerforyou:

well done team explosives :explode:
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the Teams you all should give yourselves a pat on the back, 76.1 pounds is amazing and you should all feel proud of the effort you have put in WTG!!!
  • annacataldo
    Options

I looked through my messages and did not see Lash anywhere except to tell me her starting weight. I already apologized for missing people.

Edit: I will not have my laptop all week. All I can do is redo the charts Sunday and then do another set Monday. I would much rather relax from my 12 hour drive back but if it will avoid people getting angry and dropping out then fine. Just send me your weights and your challenge results if I got you wrong

Sorry, I did not see ur post, im on a phone and live in country, barely any service. Took me forever to send the question about lash's penalty. I think the chart looks great, btw...and we do need to do better for next week as far as weighing in all in one place
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    same question here because the other team leader (sorry I forget her name right now), posted saying that she needed everyones weight by monday 9pm est, and that when we report our weight to report our steps as well; so I thought we had until monday at 9pm est to do stairs; and then sunday night rolls around and we are suppose to be reporting our stairs, and then reporting our weight by 9pm monday est...

I think having weigh in day the same day as when the challenge is over would be much easier. I thought regular weigh in/challenge day was tuesday because the other team captain said she needed the weighins/stair count by 9pm est monday, a day early for this one time only, due to a trip to michigan and not being able to get online tuesday, and she apologized for the early cut off... so i thought the new challenge wouldnt be announced until tomorrow, but we needed to finalize everything today, not yesterday. im still very confused over the whole thing. My final stair count was luckily 2200 (i thought i had today as well to work on stairs, wanted a 2500-3000 stair count), so i did finish in time (was just trying to work in extra for my team). And my final weigh in was 264.6; a 5.4lb loss; I weighed the same yesterday so if yesterday was the weigh in cut off, then the numbers r still the same; was hoping to see more of a loss today, but i still did great for the week!

Please be patient when you send me a message. I thought I had replied to you yesterday with an answer about this. I work, I have to deal real life and I need sleep. It is clearly posted on the first post of the challenge that the days to be included are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The week 1 challenge was posted Tuesday and then results were asked to be in on Monday at 9pm EST (also I created a little thread post stating what that translates to in different timezones) because we felt it would only be fair to give you guys an extra day to send in your stuff since we had mucked up the first few days. Not to mention the first week is going to be chaotic and its summer, people go on vacation. This next week, as I had stated on the forum, challenges are to be submitted Sunday night at 9pm EST since the challenge was issued Monday morning.

~GM
    Yup! =] You've got it. Please submit your weights and challenges to mrtentaclenun on the 24th at 9p EST. The challenge charts won't be up until Monday though so mrtentaclenun will have a whole day to go through and make those charts. =]

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK! =]

TO EVERYONE IN REGARDS TO THE NEWLY UPDATED CHARTS... Yes we are going to make mistakes because we are human, this is our first challenge with more people than we had initially intended and if we get numerous messages, profile notifications and forum updates on the day we are trying to go through and count everyone's numbers then yes, someone is going to get lost and someone is going to get missed. Flaming our inbox about how we messed up isn't going to make us do anything except consider saying "screw this" and calling it quits. This is suppose to be a fun little challenge on the internet set up by people just like you trying to make a fun game for people in a supportive environment.

Also when we ask for your weights we are asking for your current weights. Even if you include the pounds you lost instead of an actual weight you were penalized a pound. And we're not going to change the charts because if you are penalized a point then cool! Next week you'll show a bigger loss. We also posted up about an hour before 9 with the people that we still did not have. We went through the forums, we went through our messages, we added everyone on the captain's lists that were submitted to us and we even hunted down on a few people's profiles because we didn't want you guys to feel left out. Honestly, I was more worried about making you guys feel left out but instead it seems like a few of you are angry with us.

If you're really upset about your thing being missed then all I can offer you is a sincere apology and motivate you for this week because you'll show a bigger loss and award your team credit (now don't you guys go doing this on purpose! lol). If you're going to be rude about this and flame our inbox making accusations then please if you have an issue then get a tissue. Otherwise, I wish you guys the best of luck and I really hope you guys kick butt with this next challenge!

Thank you everyone for the kind replies about the charts! Greatly appreciated! =] I haven't read many of them since I've been typing this out but I'll see what everyone says in a second.

AND CONGRATS TO TEAM EXPLOSIVES!
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Those charts are gorgeous, thanks for doing all of that!!! also, great job team explosives!! I'm so proud of everyone!

It might help and be way less confusing if team members report only to captains, then captains give the final report to whoever is going to do the charts each week. Maybe a person on each team could be designated as "back up captain" for whenever the captain is out of town, etc.? Fabulous job though, there are bound to be hiccups at the beginning of such a big challenge!!!! :):)