Replies

• annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Awwwww no butt punch! (sounds like a bad energy drink :sick: )

I am curious to see who is actually left after the numbers roll in. AND I am looking forward to a new week of challenge.

Rawrrrrrr :explode:
  • ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    The challenge will be getting posted after I get out of work today!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Pretty excited for the new challenge!! [:
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Pretty excited for the new challenge!! [:

I guess it won't help for us to sit around chanting "challenge - challenge - challenge..."
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    JennyIsBusy! Your profile pic is the most amazing thing I've seen! You're freakin hjysterical!
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    getting impatient for new challenge now :) it's 8pm monday hete so i won't be able to start new challenge until Tue morning! Maybe weekly challenges could be posted on Sunday night same as weighng in etc then those of us in different time zones can stay on track easier? just a suggestion :)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    JennyIsBusy! Your profile pic is the most amazing thing I've seen! You're freakin hjysterical!

I can't wait for it to be my 'before' pic :)
  • annacataldo
    Options
    getting impatient for new challenge now :) it's 8pm monday hete so i won't be able to start new challenge until Tue morning! Maybe weekly challenges could be posted on Sunday night same as weighng in etc then those of us in different time zones can stay on track easier? just a suggestion :)

yea, im getting impatient as well lol. last week it was posted on monday morning so early that i hadnt even gone to bed yet on sunday night.. i knew it was a bit early, but as soon as i woke up i was able to start working on it..but this week, here it is 12:30pm my time and now I have to choose between doing the challenge or seeing my boyfriend tongiht after work. I just got to work a few minutes ago, and woke up at 7am this morning to take my mom to work, drove to the gym to do my workout, and got there, got on my phone in the parking lot to look at the challenge to see what i needed to do, and there wasnt a challenge yet. so ive already missed out on working out for monday, and now have to do the new challenge from tuesday to sunday (a day shorter), and tomorrow im doing another very physically demanding planned activity and depending on what the zombie challenge is, probably wont beable to do the zombie challenge and the other activity, so i only have wednesday through sunday to finish, if im not way to sore wednesday from my tuesday activity ugh.. im excited to see the new challenge; but very nervous/scared as well :-D ;-( lol
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Maybe we will have every other day off?
  • annacataldo
    Options
    Maybe we will have every other day off?

that would be amazing cuz going up 10lbs in water weight over night due to fluid retintion from excercise (After a low sodium day, after 20+cups of water) is really starting to upset me.
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    As soon as the door burst open moans from the street erupted from the ghouls outside while undead heads swiveled and glazed over eyes rolled in their sockets to greet the survivors. Quickly someone grabbed a trash can lid that was next to the door and thwapped the nearest ghoul sending it to the ground in order to clear room but it quickly started scrambling to grab at them. "Run!" Someone cried out drawing even more attention but provoking the group to fight their way through the alley using odds and ends the found on the way.

MELEE:
    Off they struggled through the ghouls until suddenly a scream broke loose from trishtrish84 as a zombie latched onto her arm just as she pushed another away with a milk cart. Another came in and grabbed at her hair trying to pull back her head while the other ripped flesh away from her arm viciously. Then amber_bamber jumped in, pushing back one with a bit of broken piping before cracking its skull in one clear swing. Unfortunately these were not the only two ghouls around and suddenly one latched onto her shoulder grinding its teeth and shredding her skin. The two screamed but the rest of the team raced on - you can't be a hero in these times.

RANGED:
    Ericjcook held onto a broken board of wood smacking zombies left and right clearing the way for the survivors except he easily found himself overwhelmed having moved to the front of the pack of uninfected. One managed to snag the board as he pulled it back ready for another swing. Then another undead latched onto his leg - its legs having been ripped apart as it dragged its entrails behind it. Being held back by the two ghouls he tried to run but instead found himself smashing into the ground as he tripped over the legless zombie. He screamed out as the two began to rip into his stomach. Then kalrez, in the middle of the pack and totally oblivious to ericjcook's fall, crashed into the pile of hunter and prey spilling into the ground. She scrambled to get up but quickly found herself overwhelmed by the creatures.

EVERYONE
    When the weapon supply came into view everyone's heart sank. It was boarded up very tightly and every window was covered in wood from the inside. "Quick over here!" someone shouted pointing towards a fire escape that didn't quite reach the ground. Someone jumped in and bashed away anything that came near while two others hoisted people up onto the ladder. Then the last two jumped up catching onto the bottom rail then tried to grab onto the last person who had been fending off the undead.

EXPLOSIVES
    Unfortunately the last person who had been fighting hadn't been able to fend them off while dangling in the air. Lash3s screamed "pull me up!" before one latched onto her leg. Then cobylea found herself overwhelmed by the weight of Lash3s who was being pulled down by the horde except still attached since Lash3s's hand refused to let go. Her gripping slipped. And suddenly Lash3s and cobylea were sent flying to the ground quickly engulfed by the horde.

RANGED/MELEE
    The survivors climbed up the ladders and onto the roof. Where they were greeted by a shot gun being held to the head. Theweebarrel(ranged)/markaylarenee19(melee) stood on the roof holding the gun. "Are any of you infected?" she asked. A shout came from below "No! Let us up!" Then slowly the female backed away still pointing the gun but allowing them to climb atop the weapon supply. Once everyone was up the moans of the ghouls surrounded the building. Everyone panted as they reached the top and slumped down on the ground in exhaustion.
    "You seem to have attracted the entire city!" shouted the armed stranger who peered over the edge quickly before resuming aiming the shotgun.
    "We just need weapons. We're trying to make it out of the city." Theweebarrel/markaylarenee19 scoffed in answer.
    "We need supplies and with the lot of us then we should be able to at least make it through the city." The stranger raised an eyebrow and then lowered the shot gun. "If I can come you can take what you want."

EVERYONE
    The teams headed down stairs and grabbed anything that tickled their fancy and guzzling the few bottles of water that remained lingering around the store. Once everyone was ready the plan was to race out the front seeing as the side had now drawn the most amount of attention since that was where they had last been spotted. Once everyone was ready they peeled back the wood barricading the door and bolted into streets once more. Then off they raced through the city and into suburbia. Fighting their way as they went.

It didn't take too long it seemed, or maybe it was the fear before they reached a house just outside suburbia. It was surrounded by trees, with a racing river to one side that weaved through some mountainous terrain - the direction they needed to go. It was tall, dark and ominous but it seemed like around here there were not that many ghouls as in the city. Or maybe that was just because there were so many trees to hide the ghouls. Either way they had to move and hide quickly. Even if they had outraced the horde from the city, surely they'll catch up tonight.

Hesitantly the survivors approached the building, some holding their weapons from the streets and others wielding the weapons they had found from the supply. The door creaked slowly and the light flooded into the darkness. Suddenly something raced at them through the darkness.

EXPLOSIVES
    xxx_pink_princess_xxx suddenly was grabbed and bitten while someone from the party quickly bludgeoned the creature. Then they looked down at her bite mark and without hesitation smashed into xxx_pink_princess_xxx's skull in a matter of seconds before she was even able to make out a scream. You had to act fast.

MELEE
    The team entered the building slowly and hesitantly. "We need to secure the area," someone said before directing people to investigate sections of the house in pairs. Quietly the teams crept through the building. jagrib0112 and manny_bee scaled the steps together to check the up stairs and slowly checked each room. Until they came to the room at the end of the hall. When the door opened they could hear something inside but it was too dark to see before they were rushed. Something jumped up out of the darkness and threw manny_bee to the ground. Shredding her throat while jagrib0112 tried to smash the quick moving ghoul's head in. But then suddenly another exploded from the darkness and latched onto jagrib0112. Then LadyPHX exploded from a closet beating off the creatures and then, unfortunately, the newly infected survivors before wandering down stairs to investigate.

After the house was secure LadyPHX explained how she had found other survivors as well but had kept them hidden in the basement. After she knocked and asked those inside to come out, then emerged only bubblesburst80 who was the only one left of those survivors.

EVERYONE
    The survivors then quickly started to barricade the windows and doors with whatever they could find. Floor board, couches, dining room tables. Everything went to secure the building. Once everyone felt safe, they headed into the basement which looked to have been secured with gear, food and supplies. The team then settled down looking at an old dusty map that had been scattered amongst books on a dusty shelf.

"We need to go through here," said one of the survivors to the 'council' as they pointed through the mountains off towards the direction of the city where the radio signal had come from.
    "Or we could take the river," replied another, "I saw some boats on the bank."
    "We don't know the safety of the water, what if those ghouls don't need to breathe!"
    "They don't, they can go under."
    "Its too fast to have them stay there."
    "The mountains would be too trecherous."
    "There were only a few boats. Not enough for us all."
    The room fell silent as everyone looked at each other. It was simple. Some had to brave the mountains and others had to brave the river. Everyone knew just nobody was certain exactly what was going to happen with either route.

THE CHALLENGE
    Hey guys!
    Sorry it took me today to get this up. I wrote it all up and had it ready to post but my dumb butt didn't save it so when I logged back on it wiped the whole thing. Blah. Sorry this time isn't that great of writing or story, just wanted to get it out to you. Those of you that missed today - don't worry. You won't be penalized.

The challenge for week III is to make it either over the mountains or down the river. Meaning you have two options...

A. The River (arm workout)
    - 45 rows
    - 45 push ups (do more if you can please)
    - 45 tricep dips
    - Plus your weapon's mini goal.

B. The Mountains (leg workout
    - 100 lunges
    - 50 mountain climbers
    - 50 squats
    - plus your mini goal

Please make sure everything is submitted by next Sunday at 9p EST to mrtentaclenun! If you cannot do one of these options please contact me about it and we'll figure something out! =] I think that's it.

MON - (optional)
    TUES -
    WEDS -
    THURS -
    FRI-
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    WEEK 2 RESULTS:

CONGRATULATIONS mousumi30, you went above and beyond with the challenges
    CONGRATULATIONS jenfunfur, you lost the most!!
    CONGRATULATIONS TEAM RANGED! We lost the most guys! You all did AWESOME this week.

As a group we lost 56.2 pounds this week. Come on guys, I know we can lose a lot more next week! We need to be as little appetizing to the zombies as possible :)

Here is a spreadsheet showing total results:

challengefinal2.jpg

Individual Team Results:

Team Ranged
    ranged2.jpg

Team Melee
    melee2.jpg

Team Explosives
    explosives2.jpg

We had a lot of people drop and so if there is no weight following their previous weight/there is a slash through their name they have dropped. You may notice team ranged is missing one person. We lost Kalrez and have not yet replaced her.

There are a few new people who had not weighed in yet, so I left them as they were.

Still several penalties this week. Lets aim for no penalties next week guys!

Lastly, some numbers for you guys so far:

Team Ranged has lost 23.04% so far and racked up 211 points
    Team Melee has lost 14.02% so far and lead with 241 points
    Team explosives has lost 17.23% so far and have earned 222 points

Lets keep up the good work guys :) Good luck on this weeks challenges, and please continue to bear with us as we iron out the kinks still as to people dropping, when to send in weights, and when challenges will be posted. Thanks!
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    How come after names with penalties, it does not say if the challenge was completed?
  • mrtentaclenun
    Options
    Because I did not receive a message from those people stating their new weight and whether or not they completed the challenge.
  • gnoccola
    Options
    Because I did not receive a message from those people stating their new weight and whether or not they completed the challenge.

I sent you my challenge progress on Sunday, but there is nothing next to my name.
  • ACowboyKid
    Options

I sent you my challenge progress on Sunday, but there is nothing next to my name.

Did you send it after 9p EST?
  • gnoccola
    Options

No. Before 9.
  • mrtentaclenun
    Options
    timestamp.jpg

EDIT: I totally understand you had to work late and I was willing to redo the charts tomorrow to add you but it seems you found my response rude. I'm sorry but we made the times very clear and I am very exhausted/cranky. It seems you dropped out of the challenge. I'm sorry you felt that was necessary.
  • ACowboyKid
    Options

No. Before 9.

EDIT: oh lol. she posted the time stamp.

Because this is the time stamp she received on the only message she received from you. We posted stating how we are only accepting messages being sent with the challenge results/weights because of how much time it took last week to comb through the threads and still we missed people. We also asked you guys to send everything in by 9p EST Sunday instead of Monday so then nobody would be missed. Monday at 9p EST is when everything is being made into graphics and posted so we won't be checking our mailboxes anymore.