Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Sunny, chilly day in the nation’s capital....

Birgit, I totally understand. It’s that “well I’ve blown my goal for the week so might as well give up” syndrome. Been there. Sara gave a great perspective and advice, so I will just add - look at how far down you are from your top weight. You have made progress, and you know why you’ve gained this week. Stop putting pressure on yourself to weigh X pounds by vacation and focus on getting back on track tomorrow. You can do this - you’ve proven that by what you’ve accomplished already.

And Happy Anniversary! 27 years is another amazing accomplishment. :)

Waves to all - have to get on the bus,

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

Birgit - Happy Anniversary--enjoy your day and dinner. Tomorrow, turn your bus around.

Waving to Sara and Dawn and Tess and Ash and Kathryn and everyone else who stops by later on~~

*tossing towel and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

238.2 today (My bus is turning around today)
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    WI this morning was unbelievable. Down instead of up after nearly a week of Jeeping and eating whatever and no logging. Guess the hiking and mechanical work I did burned off the extra calories. Either that or my scale is having a nervous breakdown.

Birgit - totally understand the wanting to give up. but dont. just re-group and start over (we ARE serial starters after all) dont beat yourself up. just look how far you've come! Belated happy birthday and happy anniversary!!

Sara - you need to write down all these recipes you're making! they all sound wonderful. makes me hungry every time i read your posts!

Dawn - how is that ankle?? take care of yourself and dont overdo it. easier said than done, I know!

Lana - love your Tony Soprano quote!!

Tess - Jamboree was fantastic! am sporting quite a few bumps and scratches from walking through the brush, but it was worth it. have another outing Saturday.

It is so hard to get back into the work rhythm. So miss the nice WARM weather we had in TN.

154.5 CW
    216.0 HW
    145.0 GW
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - yes! Must share recipe! Sounds super yummy...

Kathryn - ankle is good.. still achy, but I will survive with a little more whining...thanks for asking
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I am trying to make a conscious effort to park across parking lot at work... it's not very big, but a few extra steps is better than parking right in front of door... when I go to store, I'm trying to do the same... we'll see how long it lasts...typically, I just pull in and just park anywhere...I'm truly trying to stop and think before I park... also, trying to stop and make better food choices, before just shoveling everything in my mouth... weather seems like it might be trying to warm up (other than crazy wind) so, my plan is to go to park and walk on lunch... at least, until it's miserably hot... don't think anyone would like being stuck in a room with a stinky me..
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Stinky Dawn? Certainly not! None of the ladies of the Cabana Club ever smell like anything but roses!!!!

Kathryn - Congrats on the scale being down! That is wonderful~~

Sara must be walking Miss Tillie now.....

Almost time for bed here. Plenty to do tomorrow, so I'll need my rest.

ZZZZzzzzz.......

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Stinky... no..I must have misspoke... smelling like a garden full of freshly watered roses...hehe
  • kiomami
    kiomami Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Starting again! Need to lose 15 pounds
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Kiomami - welcome!! I need to lose 30 but the scale is not listening at the moment.

Lana - you were right I was walking the dog, but by then technology is turned off for night.......I had the same question - why is Dawn stinky?? Just when its over 90 degrees?? We all stink at that point.

Dog up early and figured better to just get the ball rolling and attach the potential sleep time to after breakfast. With no paper delivery one less distraction.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • hickchic67
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Welcome Kiomami!

Sara - what is for lunch/dinner today?? i need ideas!

Dawn - i only smell fresh roses! hehe Ankle feeling better yet?

Lana - hope you got some well deserved rest.

Trying to stay alert at work. Woke up around 3am for some reason and could not go back to sleep. Feel like a zombie. Think I will have a Spark to perk me up. Only down side to caffeine is all the potty trips it creates, like I dont go enough already. But maybe that is how it wakes you up - it keeps you awake by running to the bathroom every 20 minutes! Haha

*waves to everyone while on way to restroom*
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Kathryn, salad at work cafe- dinner is bean/cheese burrito (bought whole wheat tortillas- not bad). Hummus and rice cracker as well?? Then there are the cookies........

Skinnytaste.com www.skinnytaste.com/cheesy-zucchini-enchiladas/ she also lists Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes.......
  • LanaCabana537
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Good morning All and welcome to Kiomami~~

On my laptop, it says we are on page 299. It that the same for everyone, or does it vary for everyone by browser and screen size?

I am chipping away at the excess weight I picked up earlier in the week. A good reminder to not eat crappy food when I go to Wyoming next week. Once I get to my friends' house, I will be in a Weight Watchers house, so I should be safer than in airports and hotels.

Yesterday I managed 2.7 miles of walking with all the errands. Yay.

BBL

237.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • jules81
    jules81 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi can I join please ;)

I am starting for the 8000 time today

My goal for today is to stay under cals and walk 6000 steps

It says 299 pages here - I am on phone

xxx

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    lana - really close to that big 300 pages!! at work, sssssh.
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Hello Jules!

Lana - I see page 299! I'm on laptop. Great job on the walking! Are you sore from it?

Sara - will look up that recipe & whatever else that looks good! thank you!!

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    jules81 wrote: »
    Hi can I join please ;)

I am starting for the 8000 time today

My goal for today is to stay under cals and walk 6000 steps

It says 299 pages here - I am on phone

xxx

Oh! One of my wonderful sisters in law is a Julie - are you from Kentucky?

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Ankle is good...I almost think I might have sprained it... but, maybe just a bad strain... it does ok for the most part, just sometimes have to sit in odd positions holding dogs and, when I go to get up, it's pretty sore... it's not as bad, hopefully all better, soon..

Page 299 here... wow!

Lana - number going back down... yay

Sara- thanks for recipe... Will hafta try it..

Welcome new folks... this is a great place to be on your journey...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Just noticed... page 299 here... day 499 for me... :)
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Hey ladies.... if you want to pamper yourself for Mother's Day, there's lots of gifts available from Scentsy... click on Specials and Mother's Day pops up...thanks so much...don't forget, you can have it shipped straight to your door...

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9069583
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Good evening,

Day off tomorrow - next day off is May 9 more dr apts -get Memorial Day off as next holiday.

Almonds instead of cookies for after dinner snack.

Will snuggle up with Miss T and call it a night.