Maintainers weekly Check-in April 2018

Options

Replies

• pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Harper when I see that my weight is creepy upwards I go back to basics and cut a few things out and eat smaller meals till I get back to mid range.
  • HarperAnn6
    HarperAnn6 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    pkweier wrote: »
    Harper when I see that my weight is creepy upwards I go back to basics and cut a few things out and eat smaller meals till I get back to mid range.

Thank you! I like the idea of aiming for mid-range (rather than being reactive and overly aggressive with weight loss). I think I will pull up some older food diary entries from my weight loss days and follow those for a few weeks.

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @kgirlhart We all have those feeling fat days! You rock for making and meeting your running goals. Good luck on that half-marathon!
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    @juliemargaretkim Your clothes fit despite weight gain? Unless you have an obvious new muffin top, I wouldn't do a cut. You earned that muscle, and dieting down a few pounds just to hit a number for the number's sake doesn't seem worth it to me. :smile: Trust the clothes more than the scale!
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    @mk2fit I have similar issues. My digestive issues can change my waist size drastically even as my weight looks steady. I have managed to truly gain some fat at times because I gave myself a pass on the belly size thanks to the scale number.

Ah, well. I know my maintenance numbers, more or less. Need to give more weight to those than my wonky scale. LOL
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    @HarperAnn6 I don't feel... steady.. enough in my maintenance yet, and may never do so because of my compulsive eating, to say, "do this." However, for myself I eat even tinier snacks/meals throughout the day and up my steps/exercise to carve out a deficit to get things back under control. (Ditching sauces, one cup of creamy coffee, swapping in green beans for salads, etc etc helps)
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    @Jimb376mfp I am so sorry. What a rough week!
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    @hesn92 Losing the same few pounds over and over seems to be what constitutes maintenance for an awful lot of people. You are doing great! :)
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    @Gutcutter500 I love that this is a family thing!